What's new

MS counting down to the end of Win XP

Baby Leone

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
SAN FRANCISCO: Microsoft is counting down the days until it is through with the Windows XP operating system for personal computers.
The US software titan used a blog post to remind the world that in two years it will no longer support the generations-old operating system that people have clung to despite the releases of successors Vista and Windows 7.

"We want to acknowledge the two-year countdown to the end of Windows XP and Office 2003 support," said Microsoft marketing director Stella Chernyak.

"Windows XP and Office 2003 were great software releases for their time, but the technology environment has shifted."

She advised computer users, particularly businesses, to begin "migrating" machines to the latest versions of the programs well before Microsoft puts XP to rest on April 8, 2014.

MS counting down to the end of Win XP - thenews.com.pk

People should be getting rid of those Windows XP installations now. I was using it for a little while at work and I felt like I was back in the 15th century. Can't begin to state how outdated it is compared to Windows 7. Just get rid of it guys.

Is it difficult to get used to Windows 7 after using XP for 7 years?

I am not a tech savvy guy and my new laptop has Windows 7 loaded though XP was an option.

I am glad Windows Xp is being discontinued, I wasn't really that fond of it anyway. Sure it was good at its time, but that's only because of Microsoft's dominance in the operating system world.

Personally the only operating systems I like are OS X Lion or Windows 7 at the moment, I still follow Windows 8 & OS X Mountain Lion's development once in a while.

XP is still more popular but as expected it would be phased out. I use both and XP seems to be better than Win7.

Microsoft still rules OS market by 90% and below is the current breakup of Windows users.

Windows XP 45.39%
Windows 7 38.12%
Windows Vista 8.10%

Not just Windows XP RIP but also the START button which is terminated in Upcoming Windows 8

Windows 8 Sucks All hail to Windows 7 n Ubuntu .

yup i guess....i wont be able to digest absence of start button...i have XP and Ubuntu on desktop and I love them..

XP is great

it doesn't require much RAM and very advanced processor

2 year time is enough for XP users to change their OS

XP is great

it doesn't require much RAM and very advanced processor

2 year time is enough for XP users to change their OS

windows 7 has pretty low requirements too.
It can even run on the low end machines with low ram and processing power.

Win7 is my all time favorite OS
Let's see what Win 8 has to offer.

Windows 8 Sucks All hail to Windows 7 n Ubuntu .

How does Windows 8 suck...did you use the Released Version which is not yet released even BETA is not yet public based on preview you failed it c'mon man.

How does Windows 8 suck...did you use the Released Version which is not yet released even BETA is not yet public based on preview you failed it c'mon man.

Ya i have installed it on separate partition So thats how I know its gonna suck big time same like Win Vista .

My love goes for Win 7 and Ubuntu .

Back
Top Bottom