Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
helmet-480x238.jpg

* City Traffic Police to start crackdown on motorcyclists not wearing helmets

By Imran Chaudhry

LAHORE: City Traffic Police will start a crackdown today (Saturday) on motorcyclists not wearing helmets.

During the last six months, City Traffic Police’s efforts to enforce use of helmets have proved ineffective and a large number of citizens, especially teenagers ride motorcycles without wearing helmets.

It has been observed that the main reason for the failure of this campaign is ongoing development projects in the city as a large number of traffic wardens have been deployed on diversion routes. Deployment of wardens on VIP movements is also one of the reasons for police’s inability to enforce use of helmets among citizens.

Traffic wardens often do their duty on diversion routes or at VIP movements and they, therefore, fail to pay attention on the campaign to propagate use of helmets.

The inactivity of this campaign has resulted in more accidents in the city.

Chief Traffic Officer (CTO) Captain (r) Sohail Chaudhry said that stern action would be taken against those people who ride motorcycles without wearing helmets. He said a drive would also be launched against those motorcyclists who do wheelies.

He said use of helmets would be enforced for the safety of citizens, especially the youth. He said that traffic wardens would also distribute pamphlets to aware people about traffic rules.

Arsalan Shah, a motorcyclist, said that use of helmets was necessary for the safety of motorcyclists. He said City Traffic Police officials had shown “zero tolerance” towards motorcyclists during the last such campaign in the city.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

I believe this is the right thing to do. More such awareness must spread to all other cities.

They are distributing helmets for free. The fine is Rs 200 if not worn. I heard from another source that 5000 motorists were caught today.

Man helmets for free? Great.
By the way 200 is less i think. If fine is 200, then police will get 50Rs bribe and let him go.

Helmet is good for safety and motorcyclist must wear, i think parents and family member must ensure if they want to protect loved ones

Man helmets for free? Great.
By the way 200 is less i think. If fine is 200, then police will get 50Rs bribe and let him go.

Cheaper in the end to get a helmet then to continue paying bribes each day.

Its difficult to wear hjalmet everyday, But trust me, its good habbit to wear it...

In India, Bangalore and Delhi has compulsary head gear policy, in begininng it troubled us (user) but now its part of our life style..

Hope Each and every city implement this law...

Punjab traffic police is doing good job. People can file e-complaints against police officers too.

Back
Top Bottom