What's new

Most Noticeable Special Forces from around the world

we are waiting for the original poster to come round to them. he will in due time i spose

Nobdy doubts the srilankans,but i hope u know pilots from UNKNOWN country helped them bomb LTTE?:)
Also abour taliban lookin weak... dude wat r u smokin?44 countries have been fighting them(in afghanistan) since almost a decade and have LOST.

We beat the shyt out of em in FATA...Also SSG is being used extensively in operations in FATA,Swat region.

No indian SF?
44 countries u say? its mostly US with close to 100,000 men in afganistan. most of those 44 have about a dozen soldiers each. also the taliban dont control any areas, as in places where the US dares not go.

the LTTE had control of the northern part of Sri Lanka for over 2 decades. the LTTE cadre used to carry cyanide capsules on them and would rather swallow them instead of getting captured. and i can assure you that i am not joking or high when i say the LTTE was more dangerous than the taliban are. just because after 2 decades of fighting and dwindling resources, the LTTE lost doesnt mean they werent good at fighting. its more like a credit to the sri lankans that they persevered and won.

44 countries u say? its mostly US with close to 100,000 men in afganistan. most of those 44 have about a dozen soldiers each. also the taliban dont control any areas, as in places where the US dares not go.
the LTTE had control of the northern part of Sri Lanka for over 2 decades. the LTTE cadre used to carry cyanide capsules on them and would rather swallow them instead of getting captured. and i can assure you that i am not joking or high when i say the LTTE was more dangerous than the taliban are. just because after 2 decades of fighting and dwindling resources, the LTTE lost doesnt mean they werent good at fighting. its more like a credit to the sri lankans that they persevered and won.

Dude first i never doubted tht sri lankans werent good.
2)100000US troops,10000 British,etc etc not dozen soldiers... before making such statements research!!
3)Do u know afghan provinces r ruled by shadow taliban government>?karzai has no authority outside kabul?
4)Do u remember wat happened to the french?Italians were paying Taliban money and rations for SAFE PASSAGE nd not to br harmed >?
When the french replaced them(italians) the taliban were refused extortion in returned they killed many french soldiers?
5)Srilanka may have fought them but look at the weapons n equipment NATO is using in afghanistan worth trillions?and have FAILED?
6)A talib never surrenders even if hes escaping he turns his ak on the backside places in on his shoulder and keeps firing and if there people r injured or are feared to be caught they blow themselves with a grenades...

I don't understand special forces worship. They have very little impact on how effect an army is in war.

Damn Hollywood...

But that said they of course have their place.

My fvrt,

ATF - Pakistan

ATF.jpg

ATF3.jpg

ATF2.jpg

Guys, appreciate you posting some nice pics on Pakistani special forces. But it'd be great if you can add some other counries' men and women on board as well. How about getting some from southeast Asia?

guys dont count out the sri lankan special forces. they might not look it but they r real good. the rest of the forces being mentioned here have seen very selective missions. the sri lankan guys are battle hardened vets of over 2 decades of war. that too against the LTTE, an organization full of fanatics so great, the taliban look like chihuahuas in comparison.

Seriously are you high?? Country like US are failing on them and you are calling them chuhas?? tell me who knows about Tamil Tigers? Talibans are the world most popular Terrorists even they appear in video games :lol:

I don't understand special forces worship. They have very little impact on how effect an army is in war.

Damn Hollywood...

But that said they of course have their place.

I remember a documentay on Isreali commands where their commander mentioned that they are against trageted assasinations but by removing one guy if they can make the other side come to the negotiating table then its worth it.

The same goes to the special forces. If by taking out a prticular general or leader or radar station, they can shorten or stop the war and protect the life of 20 or 25 year old frontline troops then its worth it.

I remember a documentay on Isreali commands where their commander mentioned that they are against trageted assasinations but by removing one guy if they can make the other side come to the negotiating table then its worth it.

The same goes to the special forces. If by taking out a prticular general or leader or radar station, they can shorten or stop the war and protect the life of 20 or 25 year old frontline troops then its worth it.

Of course, the Israeli would say that. Documentary on the history channel (etc) are more propaganda and commercial than reliable information.

Think about this, Afghanistan is crawling with Special Ops, SAS and SEALs arguable the best operators right now. What decisive difference did that make in the greater war? Riddle me that.

I think Foreign Legion is the best French outfit and possibly the best in the world. They certainly are the most unique band of special forces ever set up. They also have seen the most combat in every corner of the earth since a few centuries back. No one can surpass them in history or experience. Perhaps Pakistan can offer something similar for Muslim brothers around the world, give them a new identity in exchange for their service.

_41886944_legion_afp416.jpg

french_foreign_legion.jpg

133910.jpg

famas_foreign_legion_soldier.jpg

6054S.jpeg

Some info on Turkish Maroon Berets trianing(Army Spec Ops)

Bordo Bereliler (Maroon Berets)-(MB) is an elite armed force that are created from officers from Turkish Army. The unit was created to eliminate any inside or outside attack to country, a MB officer can survive in any type of terrain, climate, highly trained and educated special soldiers. Today they are under order of Special Forces (old Special Warfare Unit) and also work along with Attack Search & Rescue Teams (ASR) and Underwater Attack Teams (UWA) (Marine Search

MB’s also do close protection of Government officials. (Reuters: Turkish Special forces (MB) won the first place in Germany 2004 Special Forces Competition)They became media famous with the capture of Terrorist Leader Abdullah Öcalan in Kenya and brought him back to Turkey. The MB’s identities remain confidential by MIT (Turkish Secret Service)

Categories of 3 education & training will be given to a MB. These are
a. Domestic
b. International
c. Specialty
In these 3 categories they have 47 different subjects of education and exams. Domestic training takes 72 weeks of basic training; International training takes 10 to 52 weeks of specialty training in different countries. It takes 3.5 years to become a MB

These are some of the training and education they have to accomplish before they become a MB.
Domestic: War techniques, PE, martial arts, Identifying-locating, long distance explore & patrol, infiltration, survival, interrogation/anti-interrogation, escape, special operations, psychological operations, helping civilians, parachuting, commando, personal protection, winter warfare, frogman, paragliding.

Specialty: Explosives, explosion techniques, mine & bubi traps, first aid, paramedic, survival-escape, Light and Heavy weaponry, communication, arsenal termination courses.

International: Mastering on Special Forces, Air unit, civilian relations, patrolling, survival, psychological operations courses. Also these units are well equip diplomats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Su Altı Taarruz - SAT (Naval Special Warfare Units)

Su Altı Taarruz (SAT) (Turkish for "Underwater Attack") is one of two special operations units of the Turkish Navy (the other being the Su Altı Savunma, or SAS (Turkish for "Underwater Defence")).

The missions of the Amphibious Assault [Su Altı Taarruz (SAT)] include the acquisition of military intelligence, amphibious assault, counter-terrorism and VIP protection. They are trained and organized in a similar way to the U.S. Navy Seals who have close training relationships with them.

The first S.A.T. and S.A.S. units were established in 1963 in the city of Iskenderun, The original name of the S.A.T. unit was Su Altı Komando (S.A.K.) ("Underwater Commandos"), while the original name of the S.A.S. unit was Su Altı Müdafaa (S.A.M.) ("Underwater Defense"), and they were bound to the Kurtarma ve Sualtı Komutanlığı (K.S.K.), or Rescue and Underwater Command. In 1974 the S.A.T. and S.A.S. group commands became bound to the Turkish Navy's General Command, and participated in the Turkish military landing in Cyprus later that year.

The S.A.T. and S.A.S. are based in the Foça Naval Base near İzmir, on the Aegean coast of Turkey.

Here is a 4 Part video HL of their training.

wvd79k.jpg

25gqmg9.jpg

1z71v94.jpg

TCG&

LiveImages_FotoHaber_GiresunFrka-21.jpg

File:Sastr.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom