What's new

*MOST EXCLUSIVE: Held in HP, a spy who ‘triple crossed’

Enemy

Reaction score
He was "spying" for the Chinese government, working for the Tibetan government-in-exile, and was also reportedly recruited by India's Research and Analysis Wing (R&AW) and Military Intelligence (MI).

Penpa Tsering, 33, who was arrested on May 22 on a complaint by the Central Tibetan Administration (CTA) that he was a Chinese spy, and was found possessing fake documents, was also in touch with Indian intelligence officials. According to the documents accessed by The Indian Express, agencies investigating him have discovered evidence of this, including records of his mobile conversations with Indian officials.

Born in Tibet, Tsering joined the People's Liberation Army (PLA) in 1999. But in 2008, he was sent to prison after a spat with a senior official. It was in jail that he was reportedly approached by "party secretary" Li Yuquan and "head of public security" Nagchu Prefecture, who offered to get him freed if he agreed to go to India and spy on the CTA.

In May 2009, Tsering arrived in India. By the end of the year, he had made his way to the CTA's transit school at Khanyara, Dharamsala. Because of his PLA training, he was employed by the CTA's security wing at a monthly salary of Rs 3,500.

In February 2010, when Tsering was returning from Varanasi, he was reportedly approached by a Sonam Wangdue, who introduced himself as an Indian intelligence official. Wangdue reportedly hired Tsering at a monthly salary of Rs 7,000 plus incentives for information on the PLA's activities, troop deployment and field information. After Tsering started passing on information, his salary was increased to Rs 9,000 per month.

Sources said he was paid through a State Bank of India account (No. 31127958120) at the Vasant Vihar branch in Dehradun.

Meanwhile, Tsering continued to be paid by Li Yuquan, reportedly through a Western Union branch. Investigating agencies are reported to have found evidence of payment amounting to $20,000 from various sources, including Indian officials.

Tsering reportedly communicated with Li Yuquan through QQ mail and WeChat. He even went to Nepal twice last year to allegedly meet him.

Tsering's cover was blown in May this year when CTA security officials complained to the police that he had been sent to spy on the government-in-exile and to kill two other Tibetans, Karma Yeshi and Tashi Gyaltsen, who were released from a Chinese prison and allegedly sent to India as spies.

"We arrested Tsering on charges of cheating, forgery, fraud and under the provisions of the Foreigners Act, since the identity documents possessed by him were found to be fake. An iPad recovered from him has been sent for forensic tests. As far as the spying charges are concerned, we are waiting for the forensic report, but the CTA has alleged that he was spying on their activities and was a threat to Dalai Lama's security," said Balbir Thakur, SP, Kangra.

"A CTA official introduced Tsering to a tout at Majnu-ka-Tilla in Delhi, who got him his driving licence, Aadhar card, voter ID card and other identity documents. Tsering went to Nepal on the basis of these fake documents," said a Himachal Pradesh police official involved in the investigation.

"When he returned from Nepal, his close Tibetan associates got to know of his plans and alerted the CTA officials. On May 16-17, the CTA's security wing sent a formal communication to held in HP, a spy who 'triple crossed' the Kangra police, specifying his threat to Dalai Lama's security," he added.

Ngodup Dongchung, security minister of the Tibetan government-in-exile, said whatever money Tsering got from the CTA "was routine help that is given to Tibetan refugees who come from China".

A senior MI official who was reportedly in contact with Tsering refused to comment. "You should approach the Army authorities and seek their version," the official said.

Held in HP, a spy who ‘triple crossed’ - Indian Express

:taz: :rofl:

Naam mein kya rakha hai dost?

Ghalat naam lekar to Wandhama mein bhi dange hue the. :D

If you are really Aryan, your should have the name like Tushar, not Tshering. But you claimed yourself to be of East Asian Sinitic origin on one hand and also claimed yourself as an Aryan and also a self proclaimed custodian of Hinduism.

You may need to read this story and learn to be what you actually are.

A Short Moral Story on Self-Improvement | Articles | Eng

If you are really Aryan, your should have the name like Tushar, not Tshering. But you claimed yourself to be of East Asian Sinitic origin on one hand and also claimed yourself as an Aryan and also a self proclaimed custodian of Hinduism.

I am of Buddhist faith from Sikkim. You can see my profile here.

Do you even know what is the meaning of Arya?

Go on dude. Don't teach me Sanskrit.

And for once, listen to the Mods here and change to your actual flag.

BTW Nepal has been the world's only Hindu country under royalty till this century and they have oriental features.

Keep your racial bullshit to yourself and stop being a wannabe Indian.

BTW Nepal has been the world's only Hindu country under royalty till this century and they have oriental features.

Yes, next I will learn Sanskrit from a Somalian Aryan! :lol:

Nepal's ruling race is not Oriental. Show me a noteworthy Nepalese leader who has Oriental features.

A person from Sikkim? A Buddhist follower? Are you Mongoloid?

This is amazing. My first time meet and chat with people from Sikkim. So, what is the condition there?

I'm a Buddhist follower from Taiwan. I think you are more hardcore than me since you are from India.

A person from Sikkim? A Buddhist follower? Are you Mongoloid?

This is amazing. My first time meet and chat with people from Sikkim. So, what is the condition there?

I'm a Buddhist follower from Taiwan.

I think you are more hardcore than me since you are from India.

I thought you'd have guessed by my profile name. Tibetans also share this name.

My state is a quiet and peaceful state. we in the NE are slightly less noisy, emotive and aggressive in general life compared to our northern Indian brethren.

With a lower base, we are growing rapidly and are relatively well managed compared to most other state governments.

My state is quite diverse as many communities such as mine, gurkhas, monpas, some Tibetans and even people from north and south India live here.

Small businesses and now upcoming education sector are some of the main things.

Yes, next I will learn Sanskrit from a Somalian Aryan! :lol:

Nepal's ruling race is not Oriental. Show me a noteworthy Nepalese leader who has Oriental features.

Oh look we got a Nazi here. :D

As for your question, google Prithvi Narayan.

I asked you a simple question: Do you know the meaning of the word Arya?

And you can't answer that.

Expected from a false flagger.

So what's your take on the Dravidians?

Back
Top Bottom