What's new

Mohammad Kaif's house attacked

Like most Pakistanis Cricket is in my blood and I watch any team; yes including Indian!

After the recent poor run by Sehwag in South Africa, do you think it is turn of his house as a victom of attack??

Like most Pakistanis Cricket is in my blood and I watch any team; yes including Indian!

After the recent poor run by Sehwag in South Africa, do you think it is turn of his house as a victom of attack??
Not sure of his house but he got sacked from the post of Vice Captain. He is under huge pressure to perform in the tests, other openers are hot on his heels.

How the hell do the Aussies keep producing greats one after the other. Cricket is not as popular in Australia as it is in India or Pakistan. Take a look at their team -

Langar - (good enough to play in any team in the world)
Hayden - (known for posting huge scores)
Ponting - (all time great)
Hussey - (his average and strike rate are mind boggling)
Clarke - (very dependable when Australia is down)
Martyn - (has saved Australia in dozens of games)
Gilchrist - (arguably the best ODI opener in the world)
Warne - (probably the best leg spinner in the world today)
Lee, Bracken, Bond, Johnson, Tait : where the heck do they get this battery of quality fast bowlers.

And last but not the least - Glenn McGrath the Rolls Royce of all fast bowlers. A contender for the best bowler the game has seen. Bowls and unbelievable economy rate. And also weighs an unbelievable 97kgs.

vnomad Better traning and time devotion unlike Indian and Pakistani players who parctice at last moment :P

vnomad Better traning and time devotion unlike Indian and Pakistani players who parctice at last moment :P
Our boys train hard. But they have a meritocratic system in Oz-land. Here we have politicians and army generals running Cricket. Politics for all!

Well the Aussies use something called "hot housing" and it has pro's and con's as well.

I think it has also got a lot to do with mental attitude as well.

Well the Aussies use something called "hot housing" and it has pro's and con's as well.

I think it has also got a lot to do with mental attitude as well.
We are wimps// :p:

When we see a swinging and/or bouncing pitch .. we are wussies! .. :D

Admitting it is the first step.. even aggressive hard hitting batters like Sehwag and Afridi are wimps when the ball moves and bounces.. eheh

Bal Thackrey sided with Chappel ... Why? Doesn't seem possible.

Pawar is with Chappel. Thackrey and Pawar are two Marathi political strong men, who are always in opposite camps. If anything Thackrey should oppose Chappel.

There was a news by HT that he had supported Chappel after he was criticised by many for bad performance by Indian team.

We are wimps// :p:

When we see a swinging and/or bouncing pitch .. we are wussies! .. :D

Admitting it is the first step.. even aggressive hard hitting batters like Sehwag and Afridi are wimps when the ball moves and bounces.. eheh

Lets face it. Talent has something to do with it too. Aussies are generally good at most sports. The general ambiance is favourable to sports in general and outdoors sports in particular. Ozies have excellent record in Rugby, Field Hockey, Swimming and Tennis.

Yes the Aussies are great at sport......but not so great at much else...

Whilst it is nice to do well at sport. I think that concentrating too much on it is counterproductive.

There was a news by HT that he had supported Chappel after he was criticised by many for bad performance by Indian team.
I think he said "let us blame the players too, not only the coach".

Then there was the usual media spin, and Jana jumping on it pointing out evil Thackrey's comments. :-S

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom