BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
Unconfirmed News:

Rajnath Singh - Home/Defense Minister
Arun Jaitley - Finance Minister
Shushma Swaraj - Foreign Minister
Nitin Gadkari - Either Defense or another ministery.
Amit Shah - MoS PMO.
Smriti Irani - Cultural Minister
Ravishankar Prasad - Law Minister
Railways - E Shridharan
VK Singh - MoS Defense.
Dr. Harshwardhan - Health Minister

@Abingdonboy @sancho others

Last edited:
Unconfirmed News:

Amit Shah - MoS PMO.
Railways - E Shridharan
VK Singh - MoS Defense.

Source ?? Sridharan is too old , Modi wont like him in because of his age and Sushma will never get Foreign . Neither will Nitin

Home , Defense , External Affairs and finance will go to people Modi is comfortable with... Never to Sushma and Nitin

Unconfirmed News:

Amit Shah - MoS PMO.
Railways - E Shridharan
VK Singh - MoS Defense.

Where are you getting this from? All sounds good, except Rajnath for defence - I don't understand why. But VKS as MoS for defence is very welcome news.

Where are you getting this from? All sounds good, except Rajnath for defence - I don't understand why. But VKS as MoS for defence is very welcome news.

No, I think Rajnath is getting Home, i heard it in news that the list is almost ready. Gadkari can get defense.

Also, in the oath ceremony the second person to take the oath will be Rajnath to end all speculation of who the no. 2 is.

Source ?? Sridharan is too old , Modi wont like him in because of his age and Sushma will never get Foreign
Well, Sridharan was active in his profession until very recently. And Indian politicians at the highest level have always been filled with old people, 81 is not that old considering some of the past ministers. I would also like to see a younger cabinet, but for Sridharan I would not mind an exception being made - we know that he has done a stellar job for the railways, and there is probably nobody who knows it like he does, old or young.

No, I think Rajnath is getting Home, i heard it in news that the list is almost ready. Gadkari can get defense.

Also, in the oath ceremony the second person to take the oath will be Rajnath to end all speculation of who the no. 2 is.

Gadkari would make a good defence min, from what I have seen of him. I expected Amit Shah to get something in the home ministry, maybe an MoS.

When is the cabinet set to take oath?

Rajnath Might get Defense and Jaitley will be Finance as Rajnath is one person who does like being told what to do , rest Modi will have direct control over..

Sushma Swaraj may not get Ministry of External Affairs.it is a department that very closely coordinates with PMO.relation between NaMo and Swaraj are not exactly good right now.She may get LS speaker position if Advani refuses.
E shridharan may be a good man but he is too inexperienced in political matters.Also railways is a plump post that usually goes to a coalition ally.Dont know if it will be the same as dynamics of coalition are different this time.
BTW anyone know if there is any truth to the rumours that Modi Cabinet will have a position called Infrastructure?

@janon date not sure yet, on 20th there is the meeting of parliamentary party of BJP to elect there leader formally, after that only the date will be disclosed, expect around 25th.

@janon date not sure yet, on 20th there is the meeting of parliamentary party of BJP to elect there leader formally, after that only the date will be disclosed, expect around 25th.

21st Modi will be PM and soon after that Home, Finance , External and Defense will be selected rest will follow later

Dont know about others but E Sreedharan is a must for railways
I aptly agree that E shridharan is a good man and will work towards modernising the railway infrastructure.but at his current political accumen,babus will chew him up and spit out his artharistic bones.but MOS for railway is good or advisor to the railway minister.

the bullet train mission will get a huge boost if sreedharan becomes next railway minister.
overall i am happy with the cabinet just one change i would suggest
foreign minister should be someone like yeshwant sinha who is more suited for that post.

Back
Top Bottom