What's new

Mob 'forces' woman to take back sexual harassment complaint

Reaction score
Country
India
Mob 'forces' woman to take back sexual harassment complaint - The Times of India

MUMBAI: At a time when the rest of the country is grappling with the rampancy of sexual harassment and wondering ways to confront it, a young woman in Mumbai has been allegedly prevented inside a police station from fighting the malaise.

On November 18, the day a young Tehelka journalist complained to her managing editor about alleged sexual assault, a woman in Bandra tried to register a police complaint against some men for harassing her. But as she was filing the complaint, the woman was forced to "take it back" after a Youth Congress leader allegedly led a mob into the police station and, according to the woman, blackmailed her.

Bandra police and the politician denied the allegations. But the woman said she has a voice recording of what transpired at the police station and the CCTV footage could reveal the truth.

The woman wrote to police commissioner Satyapal Singh about the incident in a letter dated November 22. TOI has a copy of the letter, which carries a stamp of receipt from the commissionerate. However, Singh on Monday said he was on leave and had not seen the complaint.

The woman in her letter has said that she has been a victim of street sexual harassment for many years. Men in her area pass lewd comments, attempt to touch her and have even threatened her of acid attack. "Last December, I registered an FIR against a group of boys, but after that a gang of men barged into my house and threatened my family to withdraw the complaint," she said. Her family recorded the incident on video.

Despite the complaint, she was continually harassed. On the afternoon of November 18, she was walking down a Bandra lane on her way to work when she was accosted by a group of youths and verbally abused. At 9.30pm that day, she visited the Bandra police station with some colleagues to lodge a complaint.

The police sent a cop with her to her area to identify the men. She could not find the men who had harassed her that afternoon, but spotted a vendor who she said had harassed her earlier. He was brought to the police station, which created uproar in the locality.

The woman said a mob led by Youth Congress leader Aijaz Shaikh barged into the police station. She said Shaikh tried reading the details of her complaint; he allegedly told her that the mob of women with him would register plaints against her and ruin her character unless she withdraws her complaint. She said she withdrew the complaint as cops remained indifferent.

Both Shaikh and the Bandra police rejected the accusations. "The woman keeps complaining. Nobody ever harasses her. She complained about an old man in the neighbourhood. How can an old man harass her? I asked the girl to come to us if there was any problem. I did not threaten her; I am not a goon," said Shaikh. :coffee:

Do you guys seriously think it would be any different if BJP comes to power and there is a case against the intrest of his. It is more to do with the political class, someday we will have to put them in their place.

Do you guys seriously think it would be any different if BJP comes to power and there is a case against the intrest of his. It is more to do with the political class, someday we will have to put them in their place.

The last case involving gang rape of a photo journalist involved muslims. There was a case of molesters caught in a train harassing a girl and they too turned out to be muslims from Bihar. Now here is another case of a muslim leader first sexually harassing a girl and then preventing her from filing a complaint. And all this with the help of a huge muslim mob. All this in Mumbai.

Then there was the case of a couple of Muslim boys sexually harassing 2 girl in Muzaffarnagar provoking their brother to kill the boy to defend the girl. In response a Mob of muslims beat the two boys to death an thus provoking the 100th Riot in UP.

Even in the delhi gang rape that made global news, of the 5 accused, 1 was a muslim minor boy (i.e. 20%) and he was the one who first raped her and then inserted a rod in her posterior, damaging her intestines and responsible for killing her in the most gruesome manner.

There is a certain association of muslims with sexual crimes (actually crimes of all sort). I do not know what the reasons are, but the danger is real. Denial of such things does not help anybody. I would rather have this thing talked about in the open.

Muslim population in India is 11-12 % but in Jails accross India they constitute 30% of the inmates. i.e. 1:3 ratio w.r.t their population. In Maharashtra their % of jail inmates is 33%. If you consider people in prison for less than a year, muslims constitute 40%.

Statistically this means that muslims are 300% more likely to commit crime than Hindus in India.

There is something seriously wrong here and it is unlikely the congress will handle this issue except to exploit this for vote bank politics. I am certain BJP will make efforts to correct the situation.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Are you at it again?? :coffee:

And as usual you are back to you cheap tricks of slander by Innuendos.

I am upfront and honest about what I say, you are up to your dirty tricks by hiding behind cheap statements.:coffee:

If you have anything to say about the article then say it or keep quite. I am not interested in defending myself against your allegations.

However, speaking to reporters, Jeevaraj rubbished the allegations and said that the story was concocted by the woman and her brother-in-law with an intention to extort money from him.

Jeevaraj also said that the woman and her brother-in-law had previously threatened to approach the media if he did not pay up, and that he had lodged a complaint in Vidhana Soudha police station on August 20 this year against the twosome for demanding money from him. “The victim’s complaint today is a counter to my complaint,” he added.

In spite of this, Jeevraraj had the integrity to resign as the chief whip of the BJP till he was cleared of the charges.

Delhi BJP expels member charged with rape | NDTV.com

You link is self explanatory. BJP EXPELLED this Member. That is solid Action.

The law will now take its own course. BJP is not defending him.

Last edited:
Manvantaratruti said:
If you have anything to say about the article then say it or keep quite. I am not interested in defending myself against your allegations.
Frankly speaking i dont think you even care that the victim had to take back her complaint.
You've posted this thread here so that you could malign congress.

And the way you've highlighted the youth congress leader's name it proves my point beyond doubts.
Manvantaratruti said:
The woman said a mob led by Youth Congress leader Aijaz Shaikh barged into the police station.

Somebody pays you for doing this???

Then you added the extra spice to this thread
Manvantaratruti said:
Muslim population in India is 11-12 % but in Jails accross India they constitute 30% of the inmates. i.e. 1:3 ratio w.r.t their population. In Maharashtra their % of jail inmates is 33%. If you consider people in prison for less than a year, muslims constitute 40%.

Statistically this means that muslims are 300% more likely to commit crime than Hindus in India.

:crazy:????:azn:

And as usual you are back to you cheap tricks of slander by Innuendos.
I am upfront and honest about what I say, you are up to your dirty tricks by hiding behind cheap statements.
This is all that you can do...:blah::blah:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
Frankly speaking i dont think you even care that the victim had to take back her complaint.
You've posted this thread here so that you can malign congress.
And the way you've highlighted the youth congress leader's name it proves my point beyond doubts.
Somebody pays you for doing this???
Then you added the extra spice to this thread
This is all that you can do...:blah::blah:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

How does my caring or not caring for the victim matter ? My intentions are my own. It has no bearing on the case.

As usual you are back to throwing allegations, making Innuendos and sludging like a professional blackmailer and character assassin.

I have highlighted the muslim name of the congress leader to make a point which has been subsequently made in the next post. Where is the confusion ?

You on the other hand has nothing to say about the issue, Zero substance...... only noise.

Sachar committee has found that even in a state like Kerala with close to 100% literacy and where the population of muslim is 24%, their share of the prison population is 37%.

This in-spite of clear evidence they average muslim in Kerala is richer than the Hindu and owns more land than the average Hindu.

Muslim share in Kerala jail population serving sentence for 1-5 years is 43% !!!

Last edited:
:lol: how much do you charge for issuing Certificate of secularism ? Any discounts ?
Grow up kid ,stop bringing religion into everything. our country is great because we live and let live, we do not accuse any particular religion for any thing. take my advice or ignore it i dont give a rats rear end.

Grow up kid ,stop bringing religion into everything. our country is great because we live and let live, we do not accuse any particular religion for any thing. take my advice or ignore it i dont give a rats rear end.

If you don't give a rats rear end you should stop giving unsolicited advice and issuing certificates of secularism. So far you have just come across as a clown.

Our country is great because this country has the courage and wisdom to face the truth. Satyameva jayathe.

Not because we tolerate injustice and wrong doing under the guise of live and let live.

If you don't give a rats rear end you should stop giving unsolicited advice and issuing certificates of secularism. So far you have just come across as a clown.

Our country is great because this country has the courage and wisdom to face the truth. Satyameva jayathe.

Not because we tolerate injustice and wrong doing under the guise of live and let live.

phewwwwwwwwww wisdom and truth ??

oh yeh modi mania has turned you into incorrigible

Back
Top Bottom