What's new

MNAs blast ‘rude’ ECP seeking degrees verification

I am not in favor of degree requirement for MNA/MPA.

I think they should increase degree requirement with some professional qualification... everyone is now a days graduate in Pakistan. Also some experience should also be included.. to improve the quality of Parliamentarians.

I think they should increase degree requirement with some professional qualification... everyone is now a days graduate in Pakistan. Also some experience should also be included.. to improve the quality of Parliamentarians.

Would anyone agree that physician or surgeon not be trained and certified as one? Would one fly in a aircraft piloted by someone who has neither the training not certification to be a aircraft pilot?

And yet some in Pakistan insist that lawmakers, need no such training and certification

Would anyone agree that physician or surgeon not be trained and certified as one? Would one fly in a aircraft piloted by someone who has neither the training not certification to be a aircraft pilot?

And yet some in Pakistan insist that lawmakers, need no such training and certification

Sir, our cities and villages are full of quacks, and our airliners crash regularly due to pilot errors. What would you expect from our lawmakers, trained and certified or not?

Sir, our cities and villages are full of quacks, and our airliners crash regularly due to pilot errors. What would you expect from our lawmakers, trained and certified or not?

not true, its the other way around... but yes law makers are the elite, main reason of our failures and crashes !!

not true, its the other way around... but yes law makers are the elite, main reason of our failures and crashes !!

Yes, and extra education and experience should get some complimentary seat.. like as per my education and experience they should give me chief secretary of IT ministry lol

Jokes aside, Yes education is must for our lawmakers. Just graduation is not enough to run the country. It should be some professional degree like Political science or MBA or LLM or some other Law related field, to get qualify to become a candidate. This way , honest and education people will enter into the politics, and people will not say again that "Degree tu Degree hoti hey... "

Definitely, a good idea. One more thing, there should also be a criteria for Ministers. A finance minister should have a degree related to finance. How can he take decisions related to finance if suppose, he is a Science graduate. It must be made compulsory for the Ministerial Candidate to have atleast a Degree related to his ministry. Otherwise, they will become a joke, as Pakistani ministers are esp. Rehman Malik.

Yes, and extra education and experience should get some complimentary seat.. like as per my education and experience they should give me chief secretary of IT ministry lol

Jokes aside, Yes education is must for our lawmakers. Just graduation is not enough to run the country. It should be some professional degree like Political science or MBA or LLM or some other Law related field, to get qualify to become a candidate. This way , honest and education people will enter into the politics, and people will not say again that "Degree tu Degree hoti hey... "

education doesnt ensure quality law maker, like Sheikh rasheed said inkay bachay computer walay chor hain......

Doesnt he claim to be MSc from LSE? anyway, the point is different here as already discussed.

right now the issue is ECP taking data of load defaulters, any loan defaulter CANNOT contest elections, guess who are they?:raise:

I am not worried who are they, whoever they are should be punished although its hard to imagine anyone who wanted a BA degree could get one legally and easily by enrolling in some Pakistani college and getting a degree. I personally know few of my dumbest classmates who could hardly pass F.Sc calculus and now I feel ashamed to help them by hook and by crook to get them thru, went on and got a M.Sc. degree in Mathematics from Urdu college, one of them by teaching Dean of math's kids after school and the other one running errands for his teachers. we all know the standard of Pakistan's education. If a donkey wanted a BA degree that could be arranged...all this back in the 80s when people had some morals and rishwat was not as widespread as it is today.

back to your question of load defaulters, well who is going to prove it

I am not worried who are they, whoever they are should be punished although its hard to imagine anyone who wanted a BA degree could get one legally and easily by enrolling in some Pakistani college and getting a degree. I personally know few of my dumbest classmates who could hardly pass F.Sc calculus and now I feel ashamed to help them by hook and by crook to get them thru, went on and got a M.Sc. degree in Mathematics from Urdu college, one of them by teaching Dean of math's kids after school and the other one running errands for his teachers. we all know the standard of Pakistan's education. If a donkey wanted a BA degree that could be arranged...all this back in the 80s when people had some morals and rishwat was not as widespread as it is today.

back to your question of load defaulters, well who is going to prove it

you mean you cannot prove who is a loan defaulter ? :rolleyes:

its not like those cases where these politicians get away by saying nothing has been proved against us, loan defaulter data has already been promised to ECP by STATE BANK OF PAKISTAN !

education doesnt ensure quality law maker, like Sheikh rasheed said inkay bachay computer walay chor hain......

Yes, But it ensures, there is quality we are looking for rather then criminals, corrupts, family political system, ethnicity which we are watching today. Also I mentioned Experience to tackle drawbacks of education. Just some days back, there was clash between two groups to get the right to contest from single place. The Party Leader said, ok lets do election, after election the lossing group joined other party, and wining group got the right to get contest from that place. Interestingly both were just BA and known mafia owners of that place. so Education + Experience ensures they first studied and some cooperate saw some potential and tried to invest some money on him. And his profile is good enough to be an candidate.

Daang ڈانگ is more appropriate

haha.... that would be suited for some other place but let's not get that graphic ...;), I think Election Commissioner should show some muscles n shudn't have extended the fake degree deadline again.

col1.gif

col1a.gif

Election in Pakistan are more like feudal and class competitions rather than civil bureaucracy to develop country and its people.
Pakistan sa zinda bhag!

Welldone ECP. Plz dont afraid of these criminals, gangsters, mafia and corrupt politicians
Pakistan can never achieve its objective until we discover and elect best and honest people
These so called, famous, old, tout politicians are nothing more than a worst germs for the economic freedom and peace in Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom