What's new

Military rule is going on in CHT: Santu Larma

Razakkar like you always see everything in bangladesh from Indian point of view. There is nothing mention of India in that article

1. I am not a "Razakkar" (especially in the past as I have suggested elsewhere - not this forum -that Jamat Islami be banned in Bangladesh, Asad71 is aware of this opinion of mine though I am not totally sure now if this is a good idea). However coming from a Bangladesh-hating Hindutva fanatic I take it as a compliment. I must be doing something right.

Thanks.

2. Shanti Bahini were backed by India and RAW. Prior to Bangladeshi liberation the Pakistani regime supported the Chakmas against Muslim Bengalis as they were both anti-Bengali nationalism.

In the 70s and onwards India's state terrorist organization, "RAW" (Research and Analysis Wing) was involved in providing arms, training and other support to Shanti Bahini terrorists to murder Bangladeshi soldiers, Bengali civilians and tribal Chakma civilians who did not support the Shanti Bahini.

Bhaumik, a journalist and academic researcher for three decades, has provided graphic details of the R&AW's involvement in the Chittagong Hill Tracts and Burma's Kachin Hills in his latest book. But he makes it clear the "orders came right from the top" and were not operations generated by the agency.

"The immediate provocation for the Indian sponsorship of the Shanti Bahini guerrillas .. was the military coup that killed Sheikh Mujibur Rehman and many members of his family. To Indira gandhi, this coup was a political defiance of India .

"Within a week of the coup, senior R&AW leaders arrived in Tripura's capital Agartala with a clear brief for their subordinates: Get
those Chakma leaders who want to fight Bangladesh."

India backed Shanti Bahini, Burmese rebels: book | Bangladesh | bdnews24.com

Just for your information Bhaumik is not a "Razzakar" or "Jamati" as you might think as would seem obvious to anyone cognizant of the fact that he has an Indian Bengali Hindu name, but is in fact an Indian from West Bengal.

Subir Bhaumik is the BBC's Eastern India Correspondent based in Calcutta. He was a Queen Elizabeth House Fellow at Oxford University (1989-90) and is author of "Insurgent Crossfire", a definitive investigation on "proxy wars" of South Asia. He has worked for Time and Reuters, and before that for the Press Trust of India and the Calcutta-based Ananda Bazar Patrika. Subir has covered India's troubled North East and written extensively on Burma , Bhutan and Bangladesh. Many of his articles have been published in books edited by leading scholars and he has presented papers at seminars in India and abroad. He has just completed a book on North East India -- The Troubled Periphery - to be published by Penguin.

Address:
63C,Ibrahimpur Road,
Calcutta, 700 032
Email: sbhaucalcutta@indiatimes.com ; sbhau@yahoo.com

Media South Asia

tumblr_m1a19nY08T1r96n05.jpg

Subir Bhaumik.

I wasn't disagreeing with the army thing, i was just saying that the other group of people are not yet getting the respect of a citizen in this country. People look down on them which is really sad.
Bhai/Dada, Sub-Ethnic Bangladeshis(Especially Chakmas) have been enjoying such 'Preferential quota' system that a majority Muslim can only dream for and Hindus have literally taken over the entire country by stepping over JI+Shibiri's blood/dead bodies but you are claiming other group of people aren't getting proper respect? And it doesn't matter whether I curse those traitor Chakmas or treacherous Malauns in virtual world, being Judge/Jury/Executioner/Secretary/SP/OC/DC; they rule Judiciary, Executive and Law-Enforcing branches of BD.

Bhai/Dada, Sub-Ethnic Bangladeshis(Especially Chakmas) have been enjoying such 'Preferential quota' system that a majority Muslim can only dream for and Hindus have literally taken over the entire country by stepping over JI+Shibiri's blood/dead bodies but you are claiming other group of people aren't getting proper respect? And it doesn't matter whether I curse those traitor Chakmas or treacherous Malauns in virtual world, being Judge/Jury/Executioner/Secretary/SP/OC/DC; they rule Judiciary, Executive and Law-Enforcing branches of BD.
bhai, you can't generalize the whole race on the acts of a few. Our Muslim politicians are no less to crap either, but you can't blame the whole bengali race for that.

Razakkar like you always see everything in bangladesh from Indian point of view. There is nothing mention of India in that article
To my patriotic bros, RAZAKAR is a URDU word, which means Sheccha Sabek/Volunteer. This very word carries a 'Historic significance' as Pashtun RAZAKARS had liberated a portion of Kashmir from aggressive Bharati army in 1948, that's why it is deeply hated by Hindutavya chauvinist. Pakistani GOVT. had formed RAZAKAR in E. PAK owing to its glory of the past, in which Jamaaties had no/nada/zip/zilch hand. I haven't missed a single commentary of JI leader's interrogation to see if any of their slightest association could be presented by eye-witnessed but astonishingly have seen none that means what JI walas have been saying for all those years are true nothing but true.

RAZAKARS were mostly Union Parished's member, chairmen and their Chela-Chamundas & ironically most of them were AWAMY Leaguers. Even more fascinating was that many current AWAMY leaders’ nearest relatives were RAZAKARS but blames were skillfully shifted toward Jamaaties after the word being painted as demonic by RAWamy leaning/sold-out Media-Military/Academics. It was only possible because the word was foreign and its meaning was not known to most of the current Bangladeshis. The concept of such 'Demonizing art' was created by Paul McCarthy and it was known as McCarthyism (McCarthyism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia). Knowing RAWAMY "Jate Matal Tale Thikness", I guaranteed that they actually cared less on who was RAZAKAR or MuktiJhudda but since JI walas were the real force against Bharati's aggression, expansionism and RAWAMYS came to power through the RAW's supplied 'Bags of Ruppes', it was indeed Indian Hindutavya-Hanomans that were planning to hang those truthful, honest and humane JI leaders IMO. I rest my case with that.

You are really not helping :tsk:

bhai, you can't generalize the whole race on the acts of a few. Our Muslim politicians are no less to crap either, but you can't blame the whole bengali race for that.

Let's leave all the religious jibe.

Some facts:

1. The Chittagong Hill Tracts Peace Treaty formally acknowledged Bangladesh's 29 "indigenous tribes".

2. After the Liberation War, it was stated "Tui Bangali ho!" What does that mean? Can I call a Garo a "Bangali"? The also stated that only Bengali would be the language, and that all Bangladeshis are Bengali.
Suppose, what if I go to Islamabad and say "Bengali shall be the the national langauge of Pakistan"(?) I'd get shot at. See the hypocrisy? Now that WAS the ethnic part.

3. The history surrounding the Kaptai lake is also partly the matter. The hydroelectric dam project only generates 200 MW of electricity (if I am not mistaken). And that project displaced many Chakmas. They were promised compensation, but never got it till this very day.

4. Back to the land issue. The geography at CHT is a very hilly one. If you want to cultivate, you cannot farm solo. You have to do it in groups. This is unlike on plain land. Ever heard of "slash & burn" (jhum)? Mother nature has its limits as to how much bounty she can provide to man.
The thing is that the rules of the playing field are very different "up there" compared to "down here".
The likes of Shantoo Lame-a are being greedy. Notice the flurry of nonsense behind what he says.

5. Back to the Peace Treaty, it was for the sole benefit of the Chakmas, and other "indigenous groups". That area of CHT was envisioned to be the most wealthiest and prosperous in the entire nation. A big tourism industry was envisioned.

Now for the hypothesis for point 5:

H1: The CHT area has significantly developed over the past fifteen years since 1997.

H2: The CHT area has more or less remained the same for the past fifteen years since 1997.

From the looks of things, the second hypothesis is more acceptable. So Shantu Larma is correct about that part (amid all the flurry of nonsense).

Tourism is still very, very limited despite the huge potential for eco-tourism. Only batches of 5-6 people can go to Banderbhand at a time since facilities, service and security are limited.

There are vested interests in this matter also (both foreign and domestic).

On a related note, much of the nation's development are centralized in Dhaka. Did the likes of Shantoo-Lame-a know this? This is not just a problem for Chakmas, but for the nation as a whole. You go to the northern regions of the country, nothing. No industry, nothing. Even after the completion of Jamuna Bridge, nothing significant happened.

It is crucial that Bangladesh does let this get out of hand. It is a small matter, but it would have severe consequences if they don't solve the problem. Putting marco-economic factors into place is crucial as well, and a matter of national security.

P.S: It was also said that the "architect" would get a Nobel Peace Prize.

You knows what I mean :D

You are really not helping :tsk:

Let's leave all the religious jibe.

Some facts:

1. The Chittagong Hill Tracts Peace Treaty formally acknowledged Bangladesh's 29 "indigenous tribes".

2. After the Liberation War, it was stated "Tui Bangali ho!" What does that mean? Can I call a Garo a "Bangali"? The also stated that only Bengali would be the language, and that all Bangladeshis are Bengali.
Suppose, what if I go to Islamabad and say "Bengali shall be the the national langauge of Pakistan"(?) I'd get shot at. See the hypocrisy? Now that WAS the ethnic part.

3. The history surrounding the Kaptai lake is also partly the matter. The hydroelectric dam project only generates 200 MW of electricity (if I am not mistaken). And that project displaced many Chakmas. They were promised compensation, but never got it till this very day.

4. Back to the land issue. The geography at CHT is a very hilly one. If you want to cultivate, you cannot farm solo. You have to do it in groups. This is unlike on plain land. Ever heard of "slash & burn" (jhum)? Mother nature has its limits as to how much bounty she can provide to man.
The thing is that the rules of the playing field are very different "up there" compared to "down here".
The likes of Shantoo Lame-a are being greedy. Notice the flurry of nonsense behind what he says.

5. Back to the Peace Treaty, it was for the sole benefit of the Chakmas, and other "indigenous groups". That area of CHT was envisioned to be the most wealthiest and prosperous in the entire nation. A big tourism industry was envisioned.

Now for the hypothesis for point 5:

H1: The CHT area has significantly developed over the past fifteen years since 1997.

H2: The CHT area has more or less remained the same for the past fifteen years since 1997.

From the looks of things, the second hypothesis is more acceptable. So Shantu Larma is correct about that part (amid all the flurry of nonsense).

Tourism is still very, very limited despite the huge potential for eco-tourism. Only batches of 5-6 people can go to Banderbhand at a time since facilities, service and security are limited.

There are vested interests in this matter also (both foreign and domestic).

On a related note, much of the nation's development are centralized in Dhaka. Did the likes of Shantoo-Lame-a know this? This is not just a problem for Chakmas, but for the nation as a whole. You go to the northern regions of the country, nothing. No industry, nothing. Even after the completion of Jamuna Bridge, nothing significant happened.

It is crucial that Bangladesh does let this get out of hand. It is a small matter, but it would have severe consequences if they don't solve the problem. Putting marco-economic factors into place is crucial as well, and a matter of national security.

P.S: It was also said that the "architect" would get a Nobel Peace Prize.

You knows what I mean :D

Well done a good explanation.

Also the fact that this man was a member of an Indian-backed terrorist organization that murdered civilians and is now sanctimoniously preaching shows how liberal Bangladesh is.

Ignore animelive, he is a well known troll who has attacked me and other Bangladeshis purely for the sake of trolling and is full of unintelligent and ignorant one-liners. Even Indians laughed at his talk of BD tanks rolling over Burmese roads....lol.

Back
Top Bottom