What's new

Mikoyan Mig-35, Russia

Hi,
It's a cool aircraft, about the engine it uses rd-33 while jf-17 uses rd-93 a version made for single engined fighter's.:cheers:

Dont see any mention of the JF anywhere in the title .. or .. nope..
so you just bought it up for??

and the Rd-93 is also used my Mig-29's.

this article is for discussing mig-35 but i just wanted to confirm its engine and thanks for telling.

What about thrust vectoring? Does the version put on indian bid includes thrust vectoring.

Friend am happy that u not compared JF-17 vs Mig-35 just like members compared Super duper mighty power JF-17 vs tiny cute rose Sukhoi-30MKI lol. Thank you.

Friend am happy that u not compared JF-17 vs Mig-35 just like members compared Super duper mighty power JF-17 vs tiny cute rose Sukhoi-30MKI lol. Thank you.

ya i know. By the way what is main difference between rd-33 and rd-93 which one is better or is advanced.

The RD-33 turbofan engine was developed in 1985 to power the Mikoyan MiG-29 fighter. It is an 8000-9000 kgf thrust class turbofan twin-shaft engine with afterburner built by the Klimov company of Russia and has several variants. It features a modular design, individual parts can be replaced separately and has a good tolerance to the environment. The RD-33 is simple to maintain and retains good performance in challenging environments.

RD-93
A variant used to power the JF-17 / FC-1. According to JF-17.com "The most significant difference being the repositioning of the gearbox along the bottom of the engine casing."

A newly designed thrust vectoring nozzle (TVN) is now available.
High probability of using this in Mig35.

Can this thrust vectoring nozzle also be used in mig-29k

I doubt....this would require high degree of design changes in Fuselage....towards rear of the aircraft....which would change the basic character of the Fighter plane.

I tend not to descend to the level of idiots and their petty nationalistic insulting remarks. But will not abstain from sarcasm where it is due.
And in this case..thanks for giving praise to the thunder.. I can see you have accepted the facts :P

I doubt....this would require high degree of design changes in Fuselage....towards rear of the aircraft....which would change the basic character of the Fighter plane.
Well here is an article which says that all existing MiG-29s in IAF fleet will be fitted with RD-33 with Thrust vectoring

Russia to deliver MiG-29 engines to India- Hindustan Times
Russia will deliver 26 engines for upgrading the MiG-29 combat jets of the Indian Air Force (IAF), with another 120 to be assembled in India, following an agreement with the Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd (HAL) at the ongoing MAKS 2009 air show near Moscow, officials said on Friday.

The RD-33/series 3 engine, being delivered by state-run arms exporter Rosoboronexport, is an upgraded version of the powerful RD-33 turbofan with thrust vectoring for the MiG family of fighters. The engine provides superior maneuverability and enhances the fighter's performance in close air combat.

In 2005, Russia signed a $250 million deal to modernise the MiG-29's engines. According to the terms of the deal, HAL will make 120 RD-33/series 3 jet engines at its Koraput plant for the upgrades of the fighters.

The contract will help HAL master the assembly of the RD-33 jet engines and use the experience in the assembly of next generation jet engines.

"These engines are installed on MiG aircraft, including the MiG-35 fighters that are participating in the tender for 126 fighters for the Indian Air Force," a Rosoboronexport official said.

Six aircraft majors - Lockheed Martin and Boeing from the US, Russia's MiG, France's Dassault, Sweden's Saab and the EADS consortium of British, German, Spanish and Italian companies - are in contention for the $10 billion contract.

Russia will fly in two MiG-35 aircraft to India later this month for the test flights that have begun of the six contenders in the fray. A series of trials with live firing will be conducted for an IAF delegation at a testing ground in Russia late this year.

Russia has also said it is ready to transfer all key technology to HAL and provide assistance for the production of the aircraft in India if the MiG-35 wins the tender.

Back
Top Bottom