What's new

MiG 21s to be phased out from 2014

some people here not accept the reality even they knew the truth.....

we know and they know that LCA Tejas is much better than JF-17 in the term of performance. Tejas technology, Design and Quality is far better than JF-17. how ever Tejas can't defeat JF-17 in price. No doubt DRDO can't defeat China when you talk about price because making your own is much difficult and costly than copying or cheating. However there is another truth that some indian not ready to accept it. IAF is not happy with the performance of Tejas MK I. IAF want atleast 4.5 generation aircraft not 4th gen aircraft to replace mi-21 and 27.

If the opponent have aircraft like F-7 Mig-21 is worthy.

you are aware that some of those F-7s were procured within the last decade, right?

india's newer inductions will prove to be more challenging; but i wouldnt worry TOOO much over a saffron flagged 21 flying over my skies anytime soon. It is incredible to see how many of them have crashed in non-combat (training) missions, especially when the Mig-21 is still widely used by many other countries around the globe

but hey, i aint complaining! keep it up

you are aware that some of those F-7s were procured within the last decade, right?

india's newer inductions will prove to be more challenging; but i wouldnt worry TOOO much over a saffron flagged 21 flying over my skies anytime soon. It is incredible to see how many of them have crashed in non-combat (training) missions, especially when the Mig-21 is still widely used by many other countries around the globe

Dont worry Mig-21s will not cross the borders 'behold the Su-30 Mki' might.

---------- Post added at 02:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 PM ----------

some people here not accept the reality even they knew the truth.....

we know and they know that LCA Tejas is much better than JF-17 in the term of performance. Tejas technology, Design and Quality is far better than JF-17. how ever Tejas can't defeat JF-17 in price. No doubt DRDO can't defeat China when you talk about price because making your own is much difficult and costly than copying or cheating. However there is another truth that some indian not ready to accept it. IAF is not happy with the performance of Tejas MK I. IAF want atleast 4.5 generation aircraft not 4th gen aircraft to replace mi-21 and 27.

The current issue is sustained turn rate, IAF wants more from the delta plane form, no idea about the radar issue, a very important factor to make it a worthy platform.

guys like you post without knowing anything:rolleyes:
yes its been the maintainance issue but these planes were inducted 30-35 years ago and these planes are given to new pilots to fly which results to crash.we are falling shortage of trainer aircraft.

i hope you got it and wont repeat it ever in future:lol:

guys like you post without knowing anything:rolleyes:
yes its been the maintainance issue but these planes were inducted 30-35 years ago and these planes are given to new pilots to fly which results to crash.we are falling shortage of trainer aircraft.

i hope you got it and wont repeat it ever in future:lol:

Problem of such non-combat accidents seem to exist at such high percentage in India - If what you are saying and there is a maintainance issue its a shameful act to send pilots up in them. Accept that its an incredible sad situation to see these still being used and lets move on...

Problem of such non-combat accidents seem to exist at such high percentage in India - If what you are saying and there is a maintainance issue its a shameful act to send pilots up in them. Accept that its an incredible sad situation to see these still being used and lets move on...

mig 21 are given to rookies and only experienced pilots can fly it.

The High accident rate issue needed to be sorted out, yes.

mig 21 are given to rookies and only experienced pilots can fly it.

Thanks - thats cleared it up for all of us. The Migs are given to rookies and can ONLY be flown by experienced pilots - my thoughts and prayers go out to those unlucky rookies that have drawn the short straw..... :azn:

go ask the manufacturers of the aircraft........

So many MiGs crash because HAL went to FSU countries for used spares and didn't get certification before being installed. That ain't the fault of Russia.

Russian even offered them MiG-21 production facility so they could control their supplies before the Russians tore down the deal due to neg reply (the bhartis declined for whatever reason)

They are paying dearly for that mistake it seems

Thanks - thats cleared it up for all of us. The Migs are given to rookies and can ONLY be flown by experienced pilots - my thoughts and prayers go out to those unlucky rookies that have drawn the short straw..... :azn:

At any given point of time IAF at least a plane in sky , its means IAF fly many sorties and not online PAF which only fly when required , The more plane will fly more chances of accident will happen because pilots keep on trying new tricks on plane and test till its edge......

not every rookie...may new pilots also flies MKI's too;)
During redflag,our new pilots flied the MKi's;)

and they gave a very good response;)

go ask the manufacturers of the aircraft........

So many MiGs crash because HAL went to FSU countries for used spares and didn't get certification before being installed. That ain't the fault of Russia.

Russian even offered them MiG-21 production facility so they could control their supplies before the Russians tore down the deal due to neg reply (the bhartis declined for whatever reason)

They are paying dearly for that mistake it seems

Thanks for the info Abu bhai - they should simply stop ANY of these coffins flying - period. Death trap for pilots and whoever they fly over. Should be grounded and peoples lives should be valued more. Its not going to change the world if they take the migs out circ. period..

In which case, what in your view is the reason behind the recent spat of F 7 crashes in Pakistan? couldnt be the aging based wear and tear...

In which case, what in your view is the reason behind the recent spat of F 7 crashes in Pakistan? couldnt be the aging based wear and tear...

Perhaps you are right Karan - but arent we drifting off topic -"isnt it"? :azn:

Back
Top Bottom