What's new

Metro Train Pact Today

27 km budget 1.6 billion
Bangalore phase 2
74 km budget 4.4 billion
Bangalore phase 1
44 km budget 2.4 billion
seems fine

Your should be a little cheaper because you have the expertise. We don't. We require Chinese help.

@ cb4
Bangalore phase 1 is originally estimated at 1.6 in 2006 if I remember rightly but due to some delay it raised .I think total cost raised ..your project cost may raise up to that I think

@ cb4
Bangalore phase 1 is originally estimated at 1.6 in 2006 if I remember rightly but due to some delay it raised .I think total cost raised ..your project cost may raise up to that I think

How many Kms of underground and overhead in phase 1 of Bangalore Metro ?

@cb4 any info/updates on the project ???

@cb4
phase 1
8.8 km underground length
750 v dc electrification
track gauge 1435 mm

So basically 8.8 km of 44 km track is underground. Total Cost was $2.4 Billion

In Lahore 1.72 km of 27.1 km track will be cut and cover. Total Cost is $1.6 Billion

Last edited:
@ Cb4
you should compare phase 2 project as its a live project under execution and planned 3 years back ..
total cost estimated as on today is 4.5 billions
72 km length
13.8 underground
or phase 3 is under discussion wait I will try to post its data ..it will be closest comparison we may get

@ Cb4
you should compare phase 2 project as its a live project under execution and planned 3 years back ..
total cost estimated as on today is 4.5 billions
72 km length
13.8 underground
or phase 3 is under discussion wait I will try to post its data ..it will be closest comparison we may get

Actually the other thing which raises costs is monetary value. Something which was built a couple of years ago must have been better.

Well it is being financed by Chinese so people who were saying that punjab will spend 1.6 billion got their point null and void. Basically comes under investment and that investment will be paid from its operation

Well it is being financed by Chinese so people who were saying that punjab will spend 1.6 billion got their point null and void. Basically comes under investment and that investment will be paid from its operation

Plus from what i heard the cost includes Rolling Stock.

27 Train Sets to be exact

Last edited:
The following was stated in PMA (Punjab Metro Bus Authority) Tender

8.Civil Works Construction detailed as follows:

i.Total section length of 27.1 Kilometers containing an elevated viaduct of length ~25.4
kilometers and a cut and cover section of 1.72 km (Refer to Addendu
m to Feasibility Study)

ii.Twenty Four (24) Elevated Stations with Public Facilities and Station Access

iii.Two (2) Cut and Cover stations with Public Facilities and Station Access

iv.Escalators & Elevators at all stations

v.Laying of Track, Track Shifting Mechanism (Cross over), Computer Based Interlock,
and allied facilities

vi.Provision of Signaling System and Traction,

vii.Provision of Control Center and monitoring mechanism

viii.E&M Building Services

ix.Depot (Building, Parking & Maintenance Yard)

x.Stabling Yard

xi.Power Supply to all facilities and High Voltage Sub-station

xii.Platform Screen Doors

xiii.Automatic Platform-gates

xiv.Storm Water and Drainage Facilities

xv.Restoration works on Roadways, Traffic Signals, Pole Lights, and Signing & Marking

xvi.Water and Sanitation facilities

xvii.Automated Fare Collection System

xviii.Communication and Telecom facilities

xix.Removal of debris

xx.Maintenance of Traffic during Construction

xxi.Removal and restoration works on all conflicting underground, at grade and overhead
utilities 146

xxii.Station Advertisement and Media Vehicles

xxiii.Security System

xxiv.Safeguards for Earthquakes, fire, flooding, electrocutions, and hazards from use or abuseof the facility from human factors' point of view

xxv.Passenger Guide Signs and Station Signing including prohibition, warning, ethics, city
guide, Station Use, etc

xxvi.Roadway guide Signs for MRT

9.Procurement of Twenty Seven(27) MRT train-sets, custom-taxes, insurance, and transportation to Lahore .

In addition to these train-sets, the Contractor may be required to add up to 50% more train-sets within 24 months from the date of Commissioning at the quoted rates.However, the cost of procurement, importation, transportation and commissioning of these
extra train-sets shall not be included in the final bid amount.

10.Operationalization of MRT train-sets as per prescribed schedule and adherence criteria.

11.Maintenance of MRT train-sets prior to commissioning

12.Security Services prior to commissioning

13.Compliance to Service Levels requirements for all services prior to commissioning

14.Commissioning of the complete train line operations Proper training of the Operator staff priorto handing over and commissioning of the train operationsAny other design, construction or maintenance requirements for successful commissioning ofthe project whether directly or indirectly mentioned in the attached design criteria and designspecifications

http://www.pma.punjab.gov.pk/sites/p...1_29012014.pdf

what about other cities? federal gov + paindu bradran sahi taassub dikha rahay hain. inka Pakistan bas Punjab hi ha.

what about other cities? federal gov + paindu bradran sahi taassub dikha rahay hain. inka Pakistan bas Punjab hi ha.
Aap kahan sai tapak paRay? Check the thread first, then pass comment.

Somehow I doubt that the operation would turn enough profit to pay for itself. It may well be that Punjab's finances would be stretched to cover the cost, thereby creating serious criticism. But let us see.

Aap kahan sai tapak paRay? Check the thread first, then pass comment.

Somehow I doubt that the operation would turn enough profit to pay for itself. It may well be that Punjab's finances would be stretched to cover the cost, thereby creating serious criticism. But let us see.

Well Shahbaz shareif did say it will be subsidized.

Back
Top Bottom