What's new

Mathematical Analysis of Indian Poverty

BTW - people who pointed out about - that great health care !!!!!

guys just go there for once - the place smell like crap !!! those goverment hospital - one whould die of shock and unhyginic condition there,

health care is very expensive here in india- very very expensive. if you going for quality.

that free civil hospital you are comparing to the the - global halth care system is like comparing - r a t;s arse to j-lo's behind. ( j.k)

-----------------------------------------------
education system ?? -- i went to see this goverment school which is suppose to be best in india - janakpuri , i had some designing job of - a building right next to it.

the toilets - were not there - kids - including female teacher and male teachers use - bush.
-------------------------------------------

poverty is india's biggest problem. we have this fake facade of development which is only reaching to a segment of people.

------------------------------

BTW - i never said - these poor can be changed - if you provide them special goodies - no! we need strong laws and force them uneducated and unaware people to abide the law.

it will sound very - Chinese and evil - btu dude thats the only way out- nomatter how much we hate the chinese system - thats the only way people can change - or else we the people - cant change- we are too full of corruption we are part of this system which is failing us over n over again .

-----------------------------------------------------

BTW - What ever i said hold - the ground for pakistan too - but -guys - pakistan problem will never solve our misery.

Just stop arguing for the sake of arguing. Nobody here, especially me, tried to undermine the plight of Indians. I, of all the people, am well aware of the fact that ~33% of Indians live on less than $1/day (WB 2007).

Next time if you care to reply to my comment, make an effort to read it properly.

And if you are so concerned about getting facts right, also bother about mentioning your sources. The per capita income nominal for India is $1,016 (IMF 2008) and $2,762 PPP (IMF 2008). For PPP, Indian per capita income in 2009 exchange rates is closer to Rs. 135,000/year. Wonder from where did the Rs. 38,000/year PPP figure came? :blink:

Anyways... :toast_sign:

Well seems like i have struck a raw nerve?? Sorry about that.

Anyways, What we are talking here is absolute money in hand not PPP I suppose since the debate started with RAW posting a calculation. Right.

India's per capita income doubles to Rs 38,084

Here was one of the sources.
Even the $1016 adds upto some 47000 per annum. Lets not fight for pennies here.

The problem / issue I have is with you and RAW mentioning $2 PPP and converting into absolute value. I guess absolute value of $2 PPP would be Rs. 33.10.

Since we are doing matmatical calculation let me explain the calculation. (90*1016/2762) from data provided by you.

I never stated figures in PPP and figures in Rupees can not be in terms of PPP. So now define a formula for a person to manage his life in Rs. 33.10 per day.

btw - guys do u know patatoes - i was told by someone their cost have gone up to - a $ per kg, and electricity is i think 1 unit for - 5 rupees .

a lpg -gas cylender ( they still use those red - lpg bomb in india-lol ) - cost about 10$ ,

petrol is about a 1$ per ltr.

nowwhat about cloths , your festivals , your custom or ritual , your gifts , marriage of a daughter ( thats the biggest pain in the bottom of a south asian parent ), their education , their madicine , their house hold stuff like furniture etc. holdiay ???? i mean - how can one justify 2$ life style to be good enough to live.

potatoes are 20 rs per kg in delhi price varies across the nation. It will be cheaper in rural areas.

Lpg is about 300 rs that is about 6$

A person dont need petrol if dont have a bike or a car and i dont think tht a person below poverty line would have a bike or car.

Do you really think a person with 2$ would go out on a holiday or will care about having furniture.

potatoes are 20 rs per kg in delhi price varies across the nation. It will be cheaper in rural areas.

A person dont need petrol if dont have a bike or a car and i dont think tht a person below poverty line would have a bike or car.

Do you really think a person with 2$ would go out on a holiday or will care about having furniture.

:hitwall:
U think ppl in Rural Areas earn same as ppl in Urban, prices keep on rising but their income don't rise
U are only Justifying His point
$2 is good for keeping a person alive, thats it

"what if u don't have bread eat pastry"

The problem / issue I have is with you and RAW mentioning $2 PPP and converting into absolute value. I guess absolute value of $2 PPP would be Rs. 33.10.

Since we are doing matmatical calculation let me explain the calculation. (90*1016/2762) from data provided by you.

I never stated figures in PPP and figures in Rupees can not be in terms of PPP. So now define a formula for a person to manage his life in Rs. 33.10 per day.

Point taken. :)

brother potetoes hav gone up !! it was in times of india this morning .

lpg - is about 500 rupee - its not 300 anymore the cost is around 400 but with - the delivery guy and the bribe you have to pay its around 500, without paying them - you wait for 6 months.

some time you even have to pay as much as 600 - ( but in our shining india we do have gas pipe line ) we dont suffer but its about poor. who are paying way more than people like me and you.

---- people do need petrol if not their own vehical but the public trnasport which is dependent on fuel .

---------------------------

thats exactly my point here. a 2$ life style is not really living it - its passing through this misery called life.

but really these stats means nothing - may be we should keep them aside. because they are just feel good factor - like pain killers .

we need to see the reality - and catch the bull by his horn! i am ready to and do many a times , but its not enough. we need all those who can pioneer. from both side of barb wire.

lpg - is about 500 rupee - its not 300 anymore the cost is around 400 but with - the delivery guy and the bribe you have to pay its around 500, without paying them - you wait for 6 months.

some time you even have to pay as much as 600 - ( but in our shining india we do have gas pipe line ) we dont suffer but its about poor. who are paying way more than people like me and you.

---- people do need petrol if not their own vehical but the public trnasport which is dependent on fuel .

thats exactly my point here. a 2$ life style is not really living it - its passing through this misery called life.

but really these stats means nothing - may be we should keep them aside. because they are just feel good factor - like pain killers .

we need to see the reality - and catch the bull by his horn! i am ready to and do many a times , but its not enough. we need all those who can pioneer. from both side of barb wire.

Boss i m ready to take all your points.....I do take it dont worth a life.........

But but but try to understand the context by which I mean that you dont have to die to live with 2$............................................. That is the point what I am trying to make. I am not at all saying that you will have excellent life style.

Anyways i purchased potato yesterday for 20 and LPG last time i got for 350. It costs 500 in black. but if you have card it costs 350.

we need to see the reality - and catch the bull by his horn! i am ready to and do many a times , but its not enough. we need all those who can pioneer.

uhh i am yet to meet anyone who earns only 30 to 40 Rs a day! an auto driver earns in excess of 300 Rs a day, a rickshawwala earns anywhere between 150 to 200 a day! even the bottle boys at railway stations earn more than 100 Rs a day...there was a documentary on them on discovery.however with incresing prices,things must be getting tougher for them.:coffee:

uhh i am yet to meet anyone who earns only 30 to 40 Rs a day! an auto driver earns in excess of 300 Rs a day, a rickshawwala earns anywhere between 150 to 200 a day! even the bottle boys at railway stations earn more than 100 Rs a day...there was a documentary on them on discovery.however with incresing prices,things must be getting tougher for them.:coffee:
try visiting bihar , or orrisa or mp or andra villages.

you can find people living on amounts lower than 30 rupee a day. cheers.

------------------------

btw- that documentary- those kids - earning 100 rupee a day were living - on train tracks sleeping - right next to wheel of train or on top of water tank or under the stair or on footpaths.

Dude that's purely your delusion and FYI the auto driver in delhi is not amongst the poorest class of India. A rickshaw-wala has a family of minimum 5 to feed. It is a fact that India is a country of extreme inequality. Go to any city you will find people living life in extreme squander and at the same time you ll have thousands who sleep on footpath. There is no denying to this fact and if we try to cover up that's not gonna solve any problem. So get real. And most of the poor population don't live in cities.

The only positive thing is

3a9aad81edcfe6ab6ea26597d98a3907.png

But 27% of a population over Billion people is huge. Plus the demarcation is $7 pm for ruaral areas and $12 pm for urban if I am not wrong. So think about that and you will find millions earning Rs- 30-40 a day.

So as Robert Frost says ' Miles to go before I sleep.'

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom