What's new

MARITIME PATROL AIRCRAFT IN THE ASIA-PACIFIC REGION

What about the Chinese Y-9 MPAs I am sure they are much better than the ones we have now.
Y-8GX6+four-engine+turboprop+anti-submarine+and+maritime+surveillance+aircraft+Chinese+P-3C+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+Navy+%2528PLA+export+pakitan+naval+mines+t+torpedoes+Active+passive+Sonobuoys+anti-sh.jpg

Y-8GX6+four-engine+turboprop+anti-submarine+and+maritime+surveillance+aircraft+Chinese+P-3C+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+Navy+%2528PLA+export+pakitan+naval+mines+t+torpedoes+Active+passive+Sonob+%25283%2529.jpg

Y-8GX6+four-engine+turboprop+anti-submarine+and+maritime+surveillance+aircraft+Chinese+P-3C+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+Navy+%2528PLA+export+pakitan+naval+mines+t+torpedoes+Active+passive+Sonob+%25284%2529.jpg

What about the Chinese Y-9 MPAs I am sure they are much better than the ones we have now.
Y-8GX6+four-engine+turboprop+anti-submarine+and+maritime+surveillance+aircraft+Chinese+P-3C+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+Navy+%2528PLA+export+pakitan+naval+mines+t+torpedoes+Active+passive+Sonobuoys+anti-sh.jpg

Y-8GX6+four-engine+turboprop+anti-submarine+and+maritime+surveillance+aircraft+Chinese+P-3C+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+Navy+%2528PLA+export+pakitan+naval+mines+t+torpedoes+Active+passive+Sonob+%25283%2529.jpg

Y-8GX6+four-engine+turboprop+anti-submarine+and+maritime+surveillance+aircraft+Chinese+P-3C+People%2527s+Liberation+Army+Navy+%2528PLA+export+pakitan+naval+mines+t+torpedoes+Active+passive+Sonob+%25284%2529.jpg
The airframe might be newer than the P3C Orion but that doesn't mean its mission fit (electronics, communications, weapons) are necessarily better.

The Max Mission Duration of Y9 MPA is 12 hours as compared to the 18 of P3C. So it is not just sensors or weapons but basic mission performance that is also superior.

The Max Mission Duration of Y9 MPA is 12 hours as compared to the 18 of P3C. So it is not just sensors or weapons but basic mission performance that is also superior.

The flight endurance of the Y-8X is 10.5 hours, Y-8F600/Y-9 flight endurance is 12 hours?
How can that be, in spite of improved WJ-6C turboprop engines with six-blade propellers (The Y-8F600 is powered by four P&W PB150B turboprop engines.) and an new wing with 50% greater fuel tanks designed with the help of Ukraine-based Antonov Aeronautical Scientific-Technical Complex (ASTC)?
Yun-8 (Y-8 Cub) Turboprop Transport Aircraft - SinoDefence.com
International Assessment and Strategy Center > Research > New PLA Transport Aircraft: Building For Power Projection

Even so, not much of a factor if it has the capability to refuel midair....

The endurance times were reported for the Transport version. I have yet to come across a reliable source for Y9 MPA. The endurance time is quoted in Gloabalsecurity website.

I have seen some artist concepts for a Y9 MPA with refueling probe in a Venezuelan site (I am trying to locate it again)

I am sure that it will be better in terms of everything. Everyone is giving out specification of Y-8 not Y-9 MPA. Wait and hope that it will have something much better.

Vietnam Joins Neighbors With Maritime Patrol Aircraft Buy
M-28_3.jpg

Vietnam � a nation with a long coastline -- has become the latest country to enter the maritime air patrol business with its order for twelve Polskie Zaklady Lotnicze-Mielec (PZL) M-28 Skytrucks and has already received the first two aircraft. Vietnam thus joins Djibouti, Indonesia, Venezuela, Nepal, Poland, and Nepal in using these aircraft for patrol. India is also reported to be interested in manufacturing and selling the An-28 in Asia and may be considering adding it to its defense inventory.

Most of the Vietnamese Skytrucks are being equipped with a Polish-made maritime radar with a reported detection range of nearly 100 miles. A modernized derivative of the 1960s era Russian An-28 (NATO code-name �Cash�), the dumpster-like aircraft powered by two Pratt & Whitney PT6A, 1,100 HP turboprops, has a leisurely 160 mph cruise and a five hour endurance. The aircraft has a 4,400 pound payload and can operate from very short (less than 2,000 feet long), unimproved runways.

A special MPA derivative -- the M28B �Bryza�-1R BIS Maritime Patrol, Reconnaissance, and ASW aircraft -- may be ordered equipped with a Thermal Imaging System ( FLIR), communication system, ARS-800 Sea-Surface SAR/ISAR Surveillance Radar, sonobouy launcher with associated HYD-10 hydro-acoustic detection system HYD-10, Chelton Direction Finder System, LS10M/LINK 11 Automatic Data Transmission System. PZL is marketing the aircraft for support of sea and land border patrolling, SAR, immigration control, surveillance & protection of the national economic sea zone, and ASW. The plane carries a six man crew (two pilots, a flight engineer, and three systems operators). With a maximum ceiling of just 18,000 feet and an operational range of 740 miles, the M-28 is well-suited for coastal patrol along the coasts of smaller nations.

The last of the M-28s is to be delivered to Vietnam by the end of 2007. PZL believes there is a market for as many as 200 M-28/B aircraft in Southeast Asia.

The endurance times were reported for the Transport version. I have yet to come across a reliable source for Y9 MPA. The endurance time is quoted in Gloabalsecurity website.

I have seen some artist concepts for a Y9 MPA with refueling probe in a Venezuelan site (I am trying to locate it again)
Well, I dunno, but if one manages to bump up fuel capacity by 50%, the result should end up the user up with more than 12-10.5= 1.5 hours increase in mission capability.....

Vietnam Joins Neighbors With Maritime Patrol Aircraft Buy
M-28_3.jpg

Vietnam � a nation with a long coastline -- has become the latest country to enter the maritime air patrol business with its order for twelve Polskie Zaklady Lotnicze-Mielec (PZL) M-28 Skytrucks and has already received the first two aircraft. Vietnam thus joins Djibouti, Indonesia, Venezuela, Nepal, Poland, and Nepal in using these aircraft for patrol. India is also reported to be interested in manufacturing and selling the An-28 in Asia and may be considering adding it to its defense inventory.

Most of the Vietnamese Skytrucks are being equipped with a Polish-made maritime radar with a reported detection range of nearly 100 miles. A modernized derivative of the 1960s era Russian An-28 (NATO code-name �Cash�), the dumpster-like aircraft powered by two Pratt & Whitney PT6A, 1,100 HP turboprops, has a leisurely 160 mph cruise and a five hour endurance. The aircraft has a 4,400 pound payload and can operate from very short (less than 2,000 feet long), unimproved runways.

A special MPA derivative -- the M28B �Bryza�-1R BIS Maritime Patrol, Reconnaissance, and ASW aircraft -- may be ordered equipped with a Thermal Imaging System ( FLIR), communication system, ARS-800 Sea-Surface SAR/ISAR Surveillance Radar, sonobouy launcher with associated HYD-10 hydro-acoustic detection system HYD-10, Chelton Direction Finder System, LS10M/LINK 11 Automatic Data Transmission System. PZL is marketing the aircraft for support of sea and land border patrolling, SAR, immigration control, surveillance & protection of the national economic sea zone, and ASW. The plane carries a six man crew (two pilots, a flight engineer, and three systems operators). With a maximum ceiling of just 18,000 feet and an operational range of 740 miles, the M-28 is well-suited for coastal patrol along the coasts of smaller nations.

The last of the M-28s is to be delivered to Vietnam by the end of 2007. PZL believes there is a market for as many as 200 M-28/B aircraft in Southeast Asia.

But its not upto PN standards..... Chinese ones, once finished would be superior then any other in the region... Asia

Back
Top Bottom