What's new

Map of India, 1760

Halaku Khan

BANNED
Reaction score
This map shows the India of 1760, and is from The Public Schools Historical Atlas edited by C. Colbeck. Longmans, Green, and Co. 1905. The image is from the University of Texas Library's historical maps section.

The region in yellow shows the territory controlled by the Marathas at that time.

This was just before the third battle of Panipat, in 1761. Shortly thereafter, Maharaja Ranjeet Singh created his own empire, which included Punjab and the area that is now known as the NWFP.

6ea12f1653ccc399c2d353c036268fa2.jpg

Last edited:
This is bound to cause some ripples :)

I know the polemic being taught in some govt approved historybooks abt how the british with the help of wiley evil hindooos deprived the muslims their rightful gaddi of india :)

I think history is older than that..If we go only 200 300 years ago it doesnt make much sense..We have to go deeper than that certainly

I know the polemic being taught in some govt approved historybooks abt how the british with the help of wiley evil hindooos deprived the muslims their rightful gaddi of india :)
Who ruled the Marathas?

very interesting map. I am wondering how come gujarat is not part of India.

Why would it cause ripples?

Alright, the Maratha controlled a part of today's India. in the 17th century.

woooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Can we lay off the off topic snide remarks and trolling please.

if indians think that kashmir was there's from the past then where is it?

Good point. Answer, Kashmir was never part of any of the Confederacies of modern day India. It was for the majority of time, a westward facing region, until its forcible annexation.

Why would it cause ripples?

Alright, the Maratha controlled a part of today's India. in the 17th century.

woooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwww

I am not sure about Maratha being any influence to India at all but they screwed up the whole 1857 mutiny against British. Does any of Indian book teach that??? Just curious....

Back
Top Bottom