What's new

Manoj Bhargava, richest Indian in US commits 90% earnings to charity

Indians have made a lot of name in the US. I have personally experienced that.

When Ratan Tata gives $50 Million to to Harvard, it is bound to set the tongues wagging in a positive manner.

On PDF, people like Hafeez Saeed are celebrated and people like "Manoj Bhargava" are declared cheats!!

Makes me wonder, how sadistic is the life of few??

Since the facts of the OP are stated very clearly -- that the man is earning money from American consumers but giving (90% of) his taxes to India rather than the US -- the off-topic remarks and other diversions are to be expected.

What is to be expected is the sour taste you feel compelled to bring to anything of a positive nature where India is involved.

Its not your money.

Its not your taxes.

Its not your country.

Its not your people.

Its an Indian. Doing well for himself. Doing India proud.

Hence you must be caustic.

That's what is expected.

So when Bill gates does charity in India, he is to be lauded.

Steve Waugh works with Kolkata NGO's and he must be the next avatar of Lord Vishnu.

Warren Buffett donates money to India orgs. and for that he must be eulogised.

...but when an India-Origin man does the same, he must be put down and shown his place.

...I'm yet to see a better example of licking the boots of the white man.

He has lived in the US since 1967, made his fortune in America and will give 90% of his money to India.

Are you sure you want this "image" of Indians to be publicized?

Yes indeed.

I don't know what have been your experiences with American people, but I, personally, have met some very gracious American citizens who laud good work whether it is done in India or Uganda.

Americans value charity and community service no matter whom it is done upon. That is my experience with the Americans. Can't say about yours.

What is to be expected is the sour taste you feel compelled to bring to anything of a positive nature where India is involved.

Its not your money.

Its not your taxes.

Its not your country.

Its not your people.

Its an Indian. Doing well for himself. Doing India proud.

Hence you must be caustic.

That's what is expected.

Spare me the predictable rant. Address the issue or go take a nap.

The assertion was that his charity work "projects the good image of us Indians where ever they go".

Except that all he is doing is siphoning money from his American taxes and giving it to India instead. That's not very charitable at all.

The assertion was that his charity work "projects the good image of us Indians where ever they go".

Except that all he is doing is siphoning money from his American taxes and giving it to India instead. That's not very charitable at all.

I have already devoted some of my precious time on your worthless apprehension.

You are assuming that the American public doesn't value charity when done upon people other than their own.

Perhaps you have only met the waylayers in America. I have been fortunate to meet better Americans.

Since the facts of the OP are stated very clearly -- that the man is earning money from American consumers but giving (90% of) his taxes to India rather than the US -- the off-topic remarks and other diversions are to be expected.

I would highly recommend taking the title of "Think" away from your "Think Tank, as you clearly are not capable of the former. Its a simple answer really, its his money he can do whatever he wants with it. If there is a law against it (which there isnt), feel free to prosecute him. Its really no different than the Pakistanis who come to India for work in singing/acting and then return with the money to Pakistan. You can do whatever you want with your money, he is simply doing what he wants and there is nothing remotely unethical about it. However, your talks about his ethics might carry some weight if you equally condemn the remittances foreign Pakistani workers send to their home country, or if you equally start questioning the ethics of Ali Zafar and Rahat Fateh Ali Khan for not spending their money on charity missions in India. Until then :cheers:

Man, its weird logic indeed.

So, you mean to say in order to save his taxes from 'profit' he opened a not-for-profit organisation and give away most of his money as charity so that his net profitable income before tax came down.

First of all, the owner of the company and the 'company' is different as per the Accounting policies. It is the basic concept of Accounting. And if 'he' earns something, it is the dividend from his 'company' which is already 'taxed' and he pays charity from his earning, not from companies....got it?

That is your assertion.

About an Indian doing well globally.

And you are Pakistani. You are hard wired for that.

Just pointing out the obvious.

What you find truly difficult to stomach is that our soft power is stronger than your hard power.

It is people that Bhargava and millions of other Indians, who indirectly by their positive projection of our nation, have also contributed to the villification of yours.

And from your own rants about the US-India endgame in the region in the bigger picture, its equally painfully obvious that you get that! :)

Cheers, Doc

...I'm yet to see a better example of licking the boots of the white man.

More Indian desperation. All those philanthropists are very generous in the spread of their charity, they don't discriminate so blatantly like this guy.

Americans value charity and community service no matter whom it is done upon.

Not when it is blatant tax diversion to another country. To take from America and give 90% to India is not very nice...

I have already devoted some of my precious time on your worthless apprehension.

You are assuming that the American public doesn't value charity when done upon people other than their own.

Perhaps you have only met the waylayers in America. I have been fortunate to meet better Americans.

The American public loves true philanthropists but they hate bigots who turn their back on the country that nurtured them for 50+ years, and which gave them the opportunity to make a fortune, when it comes time for charity.

More Indian desperation. All those philanthropists are very generous in the spread of their charity, they don't discriminate so blatantly like this guy.

Not when it is blatant tax diversion to another country. To take from America and give 90% to India is not very nice...

Clutching to straws now, are we?

Don't have anything to say about the perception of the American public, do you?

After all, the whole point you disput4ed was how the American public would take it and I told you that they would take it positively just like they take all kid of charity done upon them or upon others, positively.

Can't debunk that, can you?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom