What's new

Manmohan Singh talks tough, says 'there cannot be business as usual' with P

shree835

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
NEW DELHI: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh warned Pakistan on Tuesday that there "cannot be business as usual" after last week's barbaric beheading of an Indian soldier along the line of control by Pakistani army commandos.

The incident has triggered a heavy exchange of fire between the two armies ranged against each other along the volatile unresolved boundary.

"It cannot be business as usual with Pakistan after the heinous act. Those who are responsible will have to be brought to book... I hope Pakistan realizes this. The government's point of view has been communicated in detail by the defence minister (A K Antony), foreign minister (Salman Khurshid) and the Army chief (General Bikram Singh)," said the PM, talking to reporters at the Army Day reception.

External affairs minister Salman Khurshid said, "We are pressing very hard on Pakistan to bring the perpetrators (of the beheading) to book. We are not happy with the outcome of the flag meeting (held at the Chakkan-Da-Bagh crossing in Poonch district of J&K) on Monday but the process is on. We should not take final definitive positions on anything but the processes will obviously get affected since what has happened is barbaric and unpardonable."

The hardening of India's position vis-a-vis Pakistan comes just a day after Gen Bikram Singh said he had instructed all his battalion commanders on the volatile line of control to retaliate with all their might if the Pakistan army provokes them by violating the ceasefire or pushing militants into J&K.

The Indian Army is quite clear that it "reserves the right to retaliate at a time and place of its choosing". This ominous warning was conveyed, in as many words, to Pakistan during the brigadier-level flag meeting at the Chakkan-Da-Bagh on Monday afternoon. But Pakistan rejected "all allegations" made by India, in what turned out to be a mere trading of accusations by the two sides.

Manmohan Singh talks tough, says 'there cannot be business as usual' with Pakistan - The Times of India

Would you rather be was one of those big mouth d!ckheads calling for 10 Pakistani heads for every 1 Indian? It is a good thing MMS doesn't make so many stamtents- when he speaks people listen.

:lol:..paaji..seriously ? I dont think even MMS listens to what he speaks.

And talking of a woman as dickhead does not fit your profile.

Would you rather be was one of those big mouth d!ckheads calling for 10 Pakistani heads for every 1 Indian? It is a good thing MMS doesn't make so many stamtents- when he speaks people listen.

That is why he speaks whenever Sonia madam says to do so.... and at last he says 'THIK HAI'....????

:lol:..paaji..seriously ? I dont think even MMS listens to what he speaks.

And talking of a woman as dickhead does not fit your profile.

But his point remains true though, unless you like people that use this horrible incidents to make party politics by showing off in front of the media and barking out things to create uproars, or like the pointless promisses of money for the families. That is PR nothing more and these people are shamelessly using the moment for their own interest, not of the families, not in memory of the soldiers and especially not of India!

Come on guys!! He is our PM and he said what is correct.. Earlier we were making issues about he is not talking.. Now when he talked, we have issue about that too??

"It cannot be business as usual with Pakistan after the heinous act. Those who are responsible will have to be brought to book... I hope Pakistan realizes this.

I liked it!! :angel:

But his point remains true though, unless you like people that use this horrible incidents to make party politics by showing off in front of the media and barking out things to create uproars, or like the pointless promisses of money for the families. That is PR nothing more and these people are shamelessly using the moment for their own interest, not of the families, not in memory of the soldiers and especially not of India!

I did not approve of Sushma's words..she could have used better choice of words. But it is not a state secret about MMS' crush with Pakistan and how it is clouding his judgement.

I liked it!! :angel:

You believe it ?

What has happened to bring to book 26/11 perperators or any of them brought to book ? Nothing happened and within one or two years MMS was back from "no talks ntil 26/11 accounted for" to "talks are necessary". I'd give one or two months before he goes back on his words and starts the "peace" process once again.

I would listen to anyone who atleast speaks. When he reads the speech he sounds like a robot. I know he is a nice guy and very intelligent. But you need a PM who knows how to work independently and can say what he thinks is right. This seems to me a election stunt.

How I miss Mr. Atal Bihari Vajpayee !!

Manmohan Singh is way better than warmongers.

MMS is not like sushma swaraj. Who made a cheap comment to get 10 heads from Pak. She forgot that she did nothing whn our parliment attacked. She dint attack even 1 parliment of pakistan.

BJP always makes cheap comments to get vote...

Back
Top Bottom