What's new

Malala, 15, set to make Britain her permanent home

My only hope is that no politician or general use this as Gen.Mush has commented on the Mukhtaran mai's case.
How about those relatives of people killed by Raymond davis they were literary fighting for money and green cards to usa.
Point is everyone wana jump the ship in pakistan today.

writing this is very easy, but the point is she had literally lost her life & it's not easy to come back.

All are concern about one Malala because she was shot by Taliban but were is western media when thousands of Malala killed in Drone attack in Pakistan border ? what about the Palestinian kids dieing in the hand of Israel ? What about the children died in Iraq because of sanction ? we are living in a world of hypocrisy.

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3635153 said:
if she had any substance she would come back, but as i said she was nothing, she was a usual media propaganda and nothing else..

her father would be called by american embassey to tell him how to train his child to suit a media propaganda, maybe she even got her pocket money from american embassey

Media propaganda????

sorry, I was not following this news, but are u sure getting hit by a bullet in head is Media propaganda.

what about celebrating a malala day now lol

The thing is Pakistani nation is too emotional in nature, In one day they can make hero of nothing. It was simple she wanted to study like many other young ones belonging to backward areas, her father's profession was that too so she took a stance like many others but the attack by bloody taliban put her into lime light unlike many other starving .

She never knew about something of this magnitude coming towards her ,had she known i bet she wouldnot have taken any such stance. She was too young to know about such ifs and buts ,then came the taliban attack and that became a publicity stunt and she became hero .

And then people and media forgot about the controversial movie ,24 hours media chanted about malala and emotional nation followed the media , then malala days and dont know what

Agreed to all of the above.

That still does not make her "nothing."

She is a 14 year old girl who wanted to study.

I a region where most would be in black tents waiting to get married.

It takes guts.

Maybe not the type the media drummed her up to have.

But can you blame anyone?

A country needs heroes.

Especially a country like Pakistan today.

Media propaganda????

sorry, I was not following this news, but are u sure getting hit by a bullet in head is Media propaganda.

she was made famous by the media, she did nothing, she was no big deal to be honest, just a common kid who wanted to have a normal life in pakistan and wanted to get education

[QUOTE='[:::~Spartacus~:::]just a common kid who wanted to have a normal life in pakistan and wanted to get education[/QUOTE]

As big a deal as any bro.

I am pretty hopeful that if ever anybody introduced the award for the most emotional, idiot and paranoiac nation in the world we will be sitting at the top comfortably with quite a big margin and saying come beat us in that .

Well, no one is saying that she got herself shot deliberately, but she can come back.

Millions of Pakistanis are living without such security and surviving.

Heck, right now I am sitting in Karachi - complete shut down, no cellular service since 6 am, and it will be down again tomorrow, no traffic, petrol pumps closed for more than half the day, shops not open.

Does that mean that 17 million people should quit?

Not quit , but stand up . instead of the rallies we see supporting fundamentalists , why not hold rallies asking for peace , security the right to education , something which is a basic need of civil society to exist.

[:::~Spartacus~:::];3635166 said:
she was made famous by the media, she did nothing, she was no big deal to be honest, just a common kid who wanted to have a normal life in pakistan and wanted to get education

sorry mate, if getting hit by a bullet in head that too in 14 years of age is a no big deal.........than i hv nothing else to say.

Well, no one is saying that she got herself shot deliberately, but she can come back.

Millions of Pakistanis are living without such security and surviving.

Heck, right now I am sitting in Karachi - complete shut down, no cellular service since 6 am, and it will be down again tomorrow, no traffic, petrol pumps closed for more than half the day, shops not open.

Does that mean that 17 million people should quit?

My son who has never been to Pakistan,but keeps reading Pakistani news websites,thinks of us as supermen/superwomen...
As his perception of Pakistan is of a war zone and is always surprized how i spent much of my life there and still alive with all my limbs intact :lol:

what about celebrating a malala day now lol

The thing is Pakistani nation is too emotional in nature, In one day they can make hero out of nothing. It was simple she wanted to study like many other young ones belonging to backward areas, her father's profession was that too so she took a stance like many others but the attack by bloody taliban put her into lime light unlike many other starving .

She never knew about something of this magnitude coming towards her ,had she known i bet she wouldnot have taken any such stance. She was too young to know about such ifs and buts ,then came the taliban attack and that became a publicity stunt and she became hero .

And then people and media forgot about the controversial movie ,24 hours media chanted about malala and emotional nation followed the media , then malala days and dont know what

Congrats this nation again proved that the nation is not short of idiots and emotional fools . nobody can beat us

People and media wanted to give a medal to the pilot who recently landed a PIA jet after it got it's engine stalled, and then landed with reduced power in one engine while the other one was a 100% (mind you, planes are designed to land even with one engine operational). Another case is of the officer Yasir at PNS Mehran. Calls for him to get NH. This shows that we get over-enthusiastic alot of times. Media hypes it up, and next day it goes quite. Same with Hussain Haqqani. He is now living peacefully in his abode in USA. All that hooha and investigation, comes out to nothing.

On topic, I agree with Elmo, she should be given adequate protection, but why her father got a job in UK? Now the state will be supporting the family in UK. But then again, when a thousand others are getting a piece of this pie, what's with another one getting it.

Agreed to all of the above.

That still does not make her "nothing."

She is a 14 year old girl who wanted to study.

I a region where most would be in black tents waiting to get married.

It takes guts.

Maybe not the type the media drummed her up to have.

But can you blame anyone?

A country needs heroes.

Especially a country like Pakistan today.

Heroes dont leave the nations after getting a single hit, and those who step away can never be heroes. There are 1000s of girls in Pakistan who want to study but they never came in limelight because fortunately they were never hit by terrorists. btw i dont remember any special thing she did , its just more of a media hype .

There are 100s of innocent infants and young ones who are being killed on daily basis due to drone attacks , whats their fault. Why dont we speak about them? why cant be they our heroes .

My son who has never been to Pakistan,but keeps reading Pakistani news websites,thinks of us as supermen/superwomen...
As his perception of Pakistan is of a war zone and is always surprized how i spent much of my life there and still alive with all my limbs intact :lol:

This is the opinion of your son who has a Pakistani father (and probably Pakistani mother as well :D). Now think about the opinion that millions of other people have who don't even have any Pak connection. There is a serious image problem with pakistan.

This news came a month ago, her father was to be given a job in embassy till malala got recovered and they probably would earn living to support the family living with malala. It is 1 or 2 year contract !

Back
Top Bottom