What's new

Making peace with PKK, Pros and Cons!

Turkey should adopt other strategy. Piece at home, piece in the world is not working
just... buzz off OT

Turkey has evaded the destruction of WWII with Atatürk's famous motto.
We have to say, if you support terrorist I will come and burn your house down. Just like how U.S says to its enemies. I'm sad to read so many naive comments from my countrymen.
That turned out SO well, Taliban is destroyed and Afghanistan is thriving again.

Especially since Iran supported PKK. I don't know if they still support PKK.

The only way to fight violence is with violence. Turkey has the guns and equipment to destroy PKK, why should it sit at the table with them? As I said earlier PKK is the symptom. The people behind PKK who support them is the cause.

To solve the problem we have "cure" the cause.
Turkey had the guns and equipment before the PKK ever got established. Why did this problem drag on for 30 years and still going?

The people behind the PKK that support it is where PKK feeds itself from. If you end this support, you will end PKK, or at least weaken it greatly. But how can you end the support? By looking at the reasons why some people support the PKK. And whatever these reason's are, Turkey must fix it. In other words, don't give people a reason to support PKK and especially don't push and provoke the people to support the PKK.

Turkey has found out about this, but only in recent years. PKK has more problems recruiting fighters now, then they did back in the 90's. In the 90's in South-East Turkey, a military alert (OHAL) was active. And during this period, PKK had one of their highest recruitment periods.

Turkey has this problem; "You are either like us, or you are not one of us" or try to force their views on others. And every faction in Turkey seems to be like this. Whether it be the nationalists, leftists, conservatives, etc. And this causes hate among the different point of views. Same with the Kurdish issue. To fix this issue we need to be tolerable first and foremost. Understand what would drive someone to support a certain party, and build from there.

Turkey had the guns and equipment before the PKK ever got established. Why did this problem drag on for 30 years and still going?

The people behind the PKK that support it is where PKK feeds itself from. If you end this support, you will end PKK, or at least weaken it greatly. But how can you end the support? By looking at the reasons why some people support the PKK. And whatever these reason's are, Turkey must fix it. In other words, don't give people a reason to support PKK and especially don't push and provoke the people to support the PKK.

Turkey has found out about this, but only in recent years. PKK has more problems recruiting fighters now, then they did back in the 90's. In the 90's in South-East Turkey, a military alert (OHAL) was active. And during this period, PKK had one of their highest recruitment periods.

Turkey has this problem; "You are either like us, or you are not one of us" or try to force their views on others. And every faction in Turkey seems to be like this. Whether it be the nationalists, leftists, conservatives, etc. And this causes hate among the different point of views. Same with the Kurdish issue. To fix this issue we need to be tolerable first and foremost. Understand what would drive someone to support a certain party, and build from there.

What do you mean don't give other countries reason to support PKK? Our neighbors have done it for decades. Not because we gave a reason but out of self interest they did. Don't be so niave.

Secondly if somebody holds a gun against your head. How are you going to negoiate? This is not possible. If you want to live as a coward please stay in Europe, don't come back.

just... buzz off OT

Turkey has evaded the destruction of WWII with Atatürk's famous motto.

That turned out SO well, Taliban is destroyed and Afghanistan is thriving again.
We are not in WW2. Nobody attacked us in WW2. If Turkey got attacked I'm sure he won't have rolled on his back and surrended to terrorist like some want to do from what I can read.

And why do you bring U.S up? Do you thing they have regrets about not negotiating with terrorist?

What do you mean don't give other countries reason to support PKK? Our neighbors have done it for decades. Not because we gave a reason but out of self interest they did. Don't be so niave.
I didn't say anything about other countries supporting PKK in my post.

But let me say something about that as well. If PKK has no support from the people that they claim are fighting for, then even if other countries support PKK, it won't find a lot of ground to stand on in Turkey.

Secondly if somebody holds a gun against your head. How are you going to negoiate? This is not possible. If you want to live as a coward please stay in Europe, don't come back.
This is exactly what I am talking about. Thanks for proving my point.

I didn't say anything about other countries supporting PKK in my post.

But let me say something about that as well. If PKK has no support from the people that they claim are fighting for, then even if other countries support PKK, it won't find a lot of ground to stand on in Turkey.

There is no support for PKK in Turkey. Only very small percentage.

This is exactly what I am talking about. Thanks for proving my point.

The only point you proven is that you are very naive. If somebody comes to you and holds a weapon against your head and says give 50% of your backyard to me otherwise I will pull the trigger, you tell me where the negotiation is? I guess you have been smoking too much of the green stuff in the Netherlands. Thanks for proving my point.

There is no support for PKK in Turkey. Only very small percentage.
7% isn't small (that's how much BDP had in the last elections). The support for PKK is still substantial, however they are having more trouble recruiting now because of recent changes in Turkey (Kurdish in schools for instance and tv channels). The support for PKK needs to be so low, that the PKK can't find any ground to stand on.

The only point you proven is that you are very naive. If somebody comes to you and holds a weapon against your head and says give 50% of your backyard to me otherwise I will pull the trigger, you tell me where the negotiation is? I guess you have been smoking too much of the green stuff in the Netherlands. Thanks for proving my point.
I kinda get the feeling you don't read my posts. Do you even know what the point is I was trying to make?

With the gun analogy, are you saying that PKK has the upper hand in the negotiations? You do realize that Turkey can walk away from the negotiation table whenever it pleases right? They are not obligated to fulfill any of PKK's needs (unlike the guy getting a gun pointed to his head).

Turkey it seems, has a good course of action against the PKK right now (excluding the negotiations). I'm sure PKK will end someday with this course of action, but it might take a while. Negotiating seems to be the shortest road map for a solution (and maybe even save lives in the process). And a solution of this issue is long overdue in my opinion.

Yes, true...Peace talks are BS..We should destroy PKK no matter what...
Let us spend another 30 years, another 30K+ lives, lets spend our precious time and sources because we have the luxury to do so..we are oil rich country and we have infinite sources..

If ir tab is an Azeri Turk why is he opening such a provocative thread and supporting PkK terrorist?

Which part of thread is provocative? When did I support PKK? Please be precise in your claims.

Iran is not even giving any rights to Turks in Iran. They have no right to open such threads.

Forget who opened the threat. and please briefly tell us about your solution. We are not thankful of peace with PKK. Maybe we all accept your way of thinking. So please provide a more detailed plan.

To solve the problem Turkey has to go in Iraq. Turkey cannot win an insurgency battle with defending.

Let me paint a picture what is going on. Turkish soldiers are taking guard at the border, PKK terrorists go over the border shoot our soldiers and run away. How can Turkey win this war if the only thing it does is defending? Instead of being passive, we should be proactive, Turkish army should take initiative and be the one to surprise them and make them afraid of us. For this we need to go in Iraq, for this we need determinacy, bravery and insight.

If you are going to sit, wait for them to attack and then chase them like you chase a bunch of chicken in the hope to catch them, you will never win this battle, you will never win the war.

To solve the problem Turkey has to go in Iraq. Turkey cannot win an insurgency battle with defending.

Let me paint a picture what is going on. Turkish soldiers are taking guard at the border, PKK terrorists go over the border shoot our soldiers and run away. How can Turkey win this war if the only thing it does is defending? Instead of being passive, we should be proactive, Turkish army should take initiative and be the one to surprise them and make them afraid of us. For this we need to go in Iraq, for this we need determinacy, bravery and insight.

If you are going to sit, wait for them to attack and then chase them like you chase a bunch of chicken in the hope to catch them, you will never win this battle, you will never win the war.

Ok, that seems to be a solution for PKK problem.

After that victory against terrorists, Kurds are still there. How we should countinue:
1- by providing their rights
2- by not providing their rights

We have to say, if you support terrorist I will come and burn your house down. Just like how U.S says to its enemies.
And why do you bring U.S up? Do you thing they have regrets about not negotiating with terrorist?
I rest my case.

All the rest of you doing is speculating, we don't know what's going on between PKK and the government now. Of course I don't like negotiating "peace" with a band of murderers. But if we can get them to surrender, without wasting bullets or lives. I can accept that, but depends.

Again it comes down to the government's offer to PKK and we don't know a damn thing about that subject. Our demand is to withdraw any elements from our territory and lay down arms but what is our offer?

Without an answer to this question, I have nothing to argue about.
After that victory against terrorists, Kurds are still there.
And please, just keep the Kurdish issue seperated.

My friend just imagine that the terrorist on the mountain is you kid brother or you sister or even you father. What whould your respond be when his/hers coffin arrived home. Whouldnt you get real pistoff. And maybe toke armes.
Turkey can NOT end this SH1T by just killing them.
Turkey must make some changes that makes thouse terrorist to surrender ILIVE if they live no one will go upp to the mountain to take there place. The operations is a most to show muscles to those slum bags but a full scale invasion of Kurdistan (N.Iraq) is a suicide.

PKK is not living on support of other country's it's living on the stupid politics thats (made in türkiye™)

I think you still had not realized that the PKK is fighting by guerrilla tactics
fire and hide or attack and run..

as if in case of Turksih army entered Qandil, Khakurk, Matinan and other camps ,it wiill encounter with regular land force of PKK
Turkish-Iraq border one of greatest save heaven land for Geurilla activities and hardest land of the world for military operations.
Even our army enter into camps it would meet with already evacuated camps.

Neverthless Turkish army underwent its most succesfull years aganist PKK in 2012 by suffering minimum casualties while inflicted heavy losses to PKK.

Only Military operations dnot destroy PKK as to zero level but could minimize its power as much as possible. It is necessary to weaken their trump cards in the hands againist you.

Back
Top Bottom