What's new

Making a Secular Hero, Out of Communal Tipu Sultan

Oopsie doopsie genius.

I never meant that the entire population of Muslims came out of thin air during the Tipu reign. I said their numbers which were small before exploded during his reign and the conversions he orchestrated.

What were their numbers..........Before.
Do you know what is the % of Christians & Muslims in Kerala at present.

Even then it is one of the most peaceful Place in South Asia....
Because people from Kerala don't entertain such school of thoughts

Although, the Converts or say First Muslims of Indian Subcontinent are the Mappila Muslims of Kerala under Malik Ibn Dinar, There was mass forced Conversion during Tipu's Reign. Hindus and Syrian Christians fled Malabar during Tipu's invasion. Dharma Raja, the then Ruler of Travancore, Gave Assylum and Protection to these People. This is common knowledge in Kerala.

How could any body hold to the religion he or she has been forcibly converted ???
Did Tipu after mass forced conversion Ruled over Malabar.....................

How could any body hold to the religion he or she has been forcibly converted ???

Well, Hinduism will not take anyone back who's been converted to Islam.

well you had hold on to the arabic religion

You have to understand how forced conversion is carried out. Families were broken up, some times the male members are killed , women and men are forced to marry men and women of Muslim community, forced to eat beef etc. Some people willingly convert for the fear of execution or to protect their wealth and land holdings. Just hold them down like this for a few years or one generation and automatically everything will follow.

You have to understand how forced conversion is carried out. Families were broken up, some times the male members are killed , women and men are forced to marry men and women of Muslim community, forced to eat beef etc. Some people willingly convert for the fear of execution or to protect their wealth and land holdings. Just hold them down like this for a few years or one generation and automatically everything will follow.

So you mean to say that BEEF eating Tradition in Kerala was started after that............
Don't Misguide people here.Beef is commonly consumed by Hindus, Muslims & Christians in Kerala

First let me tell you this article is totaly crap and bullshit.
Its another funda to down Potray Indian Muslim.

If you say about Tipu Sultan a traitor what about Subash Chandra Bose.
If you say about Tipu Sultan a Communal what about Shivaji
If Tipu Sultan wanted he could have taken all golds from Tirupati and Padmanabhaswamy temple.

This atricle shows how some fustrated people want to get recognised by Indian Media.

No let me give you a dose of reality. He is celebrated for his fight against the British. Nothing more nothing less. My family and ancestors are from Kerala, specifically Kottoyam. This land was under Pazhassi Raja dominion long ago, and my ancestors fought that piece of crap Tipu you hold in high regard. Comparing Bose to Tipu. Are you kidding me? Come on, don;t you see the differences in pointing that out....

Well, Hinduism will not take anyone back who's been converted to Islam.

That;s not true? You could be of any faith and convert to hinduism. Are you kidding me or is that what some dumbass taught you

They hardly had anything to destroy except for some two cent armies, and so he moved on to torturing innocent people more often in inhumane manner which tarnished his whole image here.

It doesn;t matter if the army was two cents or not. Kerala's strength lied in guerilla warfare and tactics, the use of Tribal warriors, and determining when and where to fight in their favor, not the enemy. The Ahom followd a similar strategy and preserved their empire from Muslim armies till the Brits arrived. Even the Vietnamese were considered two cents by many powers

That;s not true? You could be of any faith and convert to hinduism. Are you kidding me or is that what some dumbass taught you

No he is right . Medieval India was not the time of Hare Krishna or ISKCON movements , in fact so called Hindu missionary activities resulting in several celebs converting amidst media spotlight is indeed chronologically a very recent occurrence.

In medieval times during the advent of Islam in the subcontinent and for several centuries thereafter right upto the British period , Hindu "khandaans" and communities everywhere from Eastern India ( Bengal region ) to western India ( Marwar , Gujrat) to South India , were remarkably rigid and strict in their adherence to the no intermingling of faiths - on a personal level at least. Once you left the fold of Hinduism in those days you could not return back. The concept of "Dharm Brasth" was quite prevalent .

Even in this day and age , priests of certain schools of Hindu thought ( although Hinduism has never been well organized in all its history like Christianity or Islam , with distinctive religious heads and governing bodies ) donot call it "conversion" but "reconversion" since conversion out of Hinduism is not recognized.

So you mean to say that BEEF eating Tradition in Kerala was started after that............
Don't Misguide people here.Beef is commonly consumed by Hindus, Muslims & Christians in Kerala

Don't try to read in b/n lines. I just wrote about the procedure of carrying out conversions.

From Wikipedia:

A small army of 2000 Nairs of Kadathanadu resisted the invasion of the huge army of Tipu Sultan from a fortress in Kuttipuram for a few weeks soon the rebels were reduced to starvation and death. Tipu Sultan entered the fort and offered to spare their lives, provided they accepted conversion to Islam. After several days of resistance, and finding it difficult to defend the fort any longer, the Nairs submitted to the usual terms of surrender - a voluntary profession of the Islam or a forced conversion with deportation from the land. The unhappy Nair captives gave a forced consent and on the next day, they were converted and at closing the ceremony every individual of both men and women was forced to eat beef, which was prohibited to them by faith.

I feel as if several people all over India hate the fact that there is so much tolerance and co-existence in kerala. Its understandable though; when people see their neighbours enjoying a peaceful life , unlike them...they feel uncomfortable.

Back
Top Bottom