Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Major reshuffle in Pak Army

Major reshuffle in Pak Army

Pakistan Telegraph
Sunday 4th October, 2009
(ANI)

Islamabad, Oct.4 : In one of the major reshuffles in the Pakistan Army in the recent past, several high ranked officials have been transferred.

According to well-placed sources, three officials of General rank have been shifted.

Lieutenant General Naeem Khalid Lodhi has been appointed as Corps Commander Bahawalpur, replacing Lieutenant General Muhammad Yousaf who has been transferred and posted as Commandant National Defence University, Islamabad, The Nation reports.

While newly promoted Lieutenant General Alam Khattak has been sent to the General Headquarters as the Chief of Logistic Staff, Lieutenant General Sardar Mahmood Ali has been made the Director General Joint Staff.

It may be noted that the Pakistan Army, recently, promoted several Major Generals to the rank of Lieutenant General as part of a routine promotion programme to replace the officials who are due to retire soon.

CM Punjab meets COAS (not officialy)...... Rumours. :disagree:

Govt. to appoint a new COAS...... Rumours. :disagree:

COAS major reshuffle in Army.

Any idea. Things seems fishy.:undecided:

KIT Out

As far as i know,

The present reshuffeling was due and it was supposed to happen on 4th Oct,2009, because Chief of logistics staff Lt. Gen Shafat Ullah Shah had to retire today, therefore, other transfers which might have already been thought off had to take place today.

correct me if i am wrong please...

Move of one or two Genreal is not major reshuffle for PA.

Our media creates sensation by this kind of garbage reporting.

Move of one or two Genreal is not major reshuffle for PA.

Our media creates sensation by this kind of garbage reporting.

its routine IMO - Generals have to retire (except for Ayub, Zia and Mushy - who decided to stay on perpetually)

I'm not visiting the forum, I visiting the lonely!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom