What's new

Major breakthrough: LeJ hit squad chief arrested, IB tells Nawaz

Please elaborate.

Lala Masjid Op, Bugti Op and even to some extent FATA/Waziristan Op'2004 was not required. Each time he (and his 'YES men' both in military and politics) refused to sit on the table with other side..the result it what you see in daily news reports.

And the alternative was what, Sir? Lay down before them and let them do as they please? This is exactly why we still have bullies in our societies.

I may not agree with Musharraf's rash decision-making, but at the very least he tried to tackle this menace while PPP kept tself busy playing victim-victim. He may have his mistakes but the previous and current government seem ill-prepared to handle the problem imo.

Wrt news reports, they would have been a lot worse had those guys been given a free hand. I, too, want an early end to operations and the war. But the result should be a victory for Pakistan only. The ramifications of our loss would be catastrophic.

-- RazorMC

With Nawaz Shareef as PM- any one thinking of a major breakthrough against LeJ is a fool-

Yes but that is not all, the judiciary is equally to be blamed here and so does the defense lawyer. This terrorists/big wigs tend to hire the best known lawyer in their defense, doesnt matter how strong the forensic evidence is they get them out of jail card.
The judges are also under threat for their verdict, one example is right in front of us.
If they cant keep themselves safe how are they going to protect the witness?

Perhaps the judges hearing terrorism cases should be given VIP protection instead of the good-for-nothing political mafia.

They already are surrounded by a team of Police ATS, what more is there to left? a protocol like President?
Perhaps the judges hearing terrorism cases should be given VIP protection instead of the good-for-nothing political mafia.

Then why are they afraid of issuing verdicts as per your post?

because even that security detail is not enough - let me quote here two terrorists attacks 1) Commander FC Peshawer vehicle was caught in bomb blast even though he had one Hilux at front and one at back, which were filled with FC soliders.
2) the other one is of Chief Security Officer - Bilawal House. You can take example of the incident mentioned in first post .

On the other hand one can't trust the Police either, for all i know they have infiltrated the Security Detail already. Police ATS was caught passing on the Sat Phone to Shakeel Afridi, and just yesterday FC jawan was caught doing the same in Karachi.

So in all these circumstance you think A judge will trust anyone?
on the other hand , it is not necessary that the Judge himself is under threat- the threats / harm can be done to the families too.

Back
Top Bottom