What's new

Madhya Pradesh topples Bihar, new No. 1 in economic growth

stop fighting

Its good that backward states too are growing, India needs inclusive growth and not exclusive one.

Shivraj Singh Chauhan is getting re-elected with 2/3rd majority in MY STATE :enjoy:

@KRAIT You can elect Ashok Gehlot again if you want :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Shivraj Singh Chauhan is getting re-elected with 2/3rd majority in MY STATE :enjoy:

@KRAIT You can elect Ashok Gehlot again if you want :D

Media has not been kind to Shivraj Chauhan in last few months. But he is an able administrator. I would support him for PM over Nitish anyday.

And Gahlot seems to be doing a good job for Rajasthan . :D

@Contrarian:

1. In a state where the land fertility is so high, labour & water easily available, the land under cultivation must be growing as it is that much more profitable, unlike other states in India.
2. Especially since it directly affects 81% of the population a sensible govt. would have paid more attention to agri like encouraging cooperative farming, building canals & providing electricity to pump ground water. Build warehouse to hold the products, have seed banks and easy finance for farmers. Nitish has done Non of this. Modi as done ALL OF THE ABOVE.
3. High population growth rate doesn’t not result in fall in agri. land nor does size of land holding…….if it happens it would happen over a 100 year difference when to population grows and do no emigrate……stop throwing irrelevant point as red herrings. Its not like these land is being used to build new cites to house them. Nitish has done nothing to arrest this fall in agri. Land erosion. In fact he has done nothing to prevent erosion of forest land in Bihar either. Modi has ensured forest land cover has grown and so has mangroves near the shore.
4. This is what you said “‘The ENTIRE point is that Bihar has needed to spend so much more on other sectors before being able to spend on infrastructure” …:lol:….I am not sure what other ‘sector” spend is Nitish doing other than Infrastructure. If this is your take on economics I am wasting my time talking to you. You best discuss with 10 year old school boys.
5. Madhya Pradesh is a land locked state, it seems to do well without ports. In fact Bihar has the Ganges flowing though it, Nitish has not done anything to build cheap logistis infra in Bihars water ways.
6. Mumbai has its own port and does not need anything from Gujarat port.
7. On one hand you are saying Nitish is not getting FDI…and on the other hand you are saying FDI is not needed.
8. Your take on critical mass in infra is a joke and there is no need to reply to this nonsense.
9. Each states have their strength and weakness …….mature people deal with the hand they have been dealt. Only fools look at the neighbors garden and cry that its more green.
10. Final FACT - Modi has managed to give growth to Gujarat while being starved for money. In fact he receives only half the money due to Gujarat. Nitish has given equivalent growth to Bihar after receiving 2 time the money he makes. The results are startling and clear for anybody who wishes to look at facts and make a decision. For fan boys and ‘secular, fools….I don’t have time to waste. They are welcome to live in their fools paradise.

There is no point in discussing this further with you Mritunjay.

You can only take the horse to the well, not force it to drink water.

We have differing takes on how able or not Nitish Kumar is and how able or not Narendra Modi is.

For in my judgement, doing what Nitish has done in Bihar is a greater achievement than what Modi has done in Gujarat because Nitish has been handling a perpetually backward State, with zero law, zero order, zero accountability, zero work ethic of bureaucracy and zero infrastructure, though it does not take away that both the Chief Ministers are competent and are helping their respective States grow beyond the National Average.

To me this rings more, to you, you are free to decide otherwise.

competition is good..

good to see these states growing..

In BiMaRU states, BiMaR are getting well, what will happen to "U" ? :omghaha:

NDA governments performing very well........................ Bihar, MP, chattishgarh and Gujarat.

Congress suck and BJP+ rocks...

Now, waiting for central election...........

^^Its good. If these two BIMARU states start making rapid progress and maintain it, it will benefit India as underdevelopment in these states creates problems for other states too

@arp2041

But Rajasthan has bad luck of opposite parties in power at state and central level.

This growth in Rajasthan could have happened earlier.

Nitish ji is going to bring Bihar back to No. 1. This is a temporary glitch because he has been preoccupied by Center politics and Modi ji

Mritunjay i have seen 10th standard students do better economic analysis compared to you.

Bihar is developing its infrastructure from scratch. I hope you know about the virtuous cycle of investment and growth. As the time the infrastructure reaches a critical self sustainable point, investment from FDI, Indian domestic will automatically start flowing in.

Gujarat already has it, yet Bihar due to decades of neglect does not.
That apart Gujarat has ports(plural), which initself is the biggest advantage.
Most of the resources that Bihar had - natural resources, went to Jharkhand. Today it is Jharkhand which would be the richest endowed state with respect to natural resources and not Bihar.

Bihar has had to graple with basic lawlessness and zero accountability bred by decades of perversion of law. This is not something you shake off easily.

I think there should be a 6 lane expressway connecting Odisha to Gujarat via MP and Chhattisgarh

This expressway will connect upcoming ports in Odisha and industrial and mining sector of MP, Chhattisgarh to ports and manufacturing, processing units in Gujarat

Andhra sucks.... no wonder... these fellas fighting to save their ministry...

yes but a.p is alraedy the 3rd largest economy in the country .they have just started their journey.now focus must be layed on how to convert that economic growth in to social development in those states.and still there are some states like rajastan and some north eastern to be taken care of.lots of work to do in this decade...:coffee:
http://unidow.com/india home eng/statewise_gdp.html

I think there should be a 6 lane expressway connecting Odisha to Gujarat via MP and Chhattisgarh

This expressway will connect upcoming ports in Odisha and industrial and mining sector of MP, Chhattisgarh to ports and manufacturing, processing units in Gujarat

I think that every State's capital should be connected with all its neighbouring State's capital(s) with an expressway.
That i think is a minimum requirement nowadays

It is very unfair to call it mismanagement specially when Bihar has grown remarkably well in the last 10 years. Though I do not support special status for any states other than those that already have them (and it should be removed totally in time), Bihar should be given more money through other means as incentive to grow further. Thats the only way by which the population migration will stop from Bihar to other parts of country.

If it is Bihar only then it would need the money from the Central government for its growth. But there are other states as well which has gone through mismanagement and still does. Bengal is one example and another one is Kerala - Kerala leads in various social indices in India but what about their economy? They have raised a deficit budget of around RS 825 crores but the budget was as populist as it can get - various populist schemes got allocated some Rs. 290 crores and interests on small loans written off and how do they manage the deficit? by getting central funds.

So I would say provide funding for these states but center need to have a say in their future budgets and plans - these will get the money but will let go of some of their powers - penalty for mismanagement - sort of like what IMF does.

Back
Top Bottom