What's new

Made In Pakistan-First time ever

You are right Bangladesh has done a very good job recently. The key benifit they have is they are focused on trade and does not have other irrelevent things to deal with. I have seen lot of made in Bangaladesh stuff here than made in Pakistan, but maybe NYC is different. They don't have any war going and that is helpful.

hello????? where have you been past few years......

it's a rough patch. Surely the trend will be reversed once the conditions are ripe and right. By the way, our trade entails a lot more than just garments.

pakistani garments are one of the best qualities in the world, this is what people told me when i was in pakistan... USA usually imports the pakistani made shirts and then sells in their country's name, the quality is so high that when you wear this shirt for 1-2 year, it will still remain like a new piece..

but its so embarrassing that pakistani high quality garments dont make to the pakistani local market for pakistanis, and most of them are exported.. same is the whole case with leather

I have seen a lot of stuff in Old navy and GAP made in Pakistan.

pakistani garments are one of the best qualities in the world, this is what people told me when i was in pakistan... USA usually imports the pakistani made shirts and then sells in their country's name, the quality is so high that when you wear this shirt for 1-2 year, it will still remain like a new piece..

but its so embarrassing that pakistani high quality garments dont make to the pakistani local market for pakistanis, and most of them are exported.. same is the whole case with leather

That is true for every developing country. The highest quality products from garments to coffee beans will be exported to rich countries and the rest will be sold locally.

It is the duty of us - overseas Pakistanis to buy made in Pakistan whenever available and propagate it to our friends, colleagues and families.

NIKE-RED-HOODIE.jpg

I have seen lot of Jean manufacturers prefer to get it Made in Pakistan. Levis is one such example. Sports apparels also make in Pakistan. However, the margin of profit is not so high due to competition (except high ended brands). Hence, brands prefer to get it made where its cheaper or have good experience with.. For ex in NL some shop chains sell jeans for 9 Euros... Just imagine, cost of denim fabric+export from asia+import duties in EU+local distribution costs + PROFIT all in 9 Euros.

Back
Top Bottom