What's new

Made in India AWACS to roll out in February

I would like to see the next batch with rotor dome radars like Sentry rather than this..

Why we did not go for rotor dome radars?

Do we need more bigger platform for that instead of the Brazilian one?

tehalka is like diwali patakha which dont bursts but fizzles like pokhran nukes where buddha was suppose to smile. :)

tehalka is like diwali patakha which dont bursts but fizzles like pokhran nukes where buddha was suppose to smile. :)

then you never celebrated a Diwali in your life ,are you ?? Come to my street on diwali ,you mite be shi**y in your pants due to sound and smokescreen :lol: Forget about nukes.

I would like to see the next batch with rotor dome radars like Sentry rather than this..

Rotodomes are old technology...why do you need rotodomes when you can steer the beam with AESA?

The phalcon has the triangular arrangement of the arrays and there is no rotation. thus helping in 360 degree surveillance. Above all it needs a bigger platform.

India's First Rotor dome AWAC Project, Airavat

748bigdish.jpg

ASO_Airavat_in_1996_Test.jpg

You are right about Saras, but DRDO AWACS will not have 360° radar detection like the A50 Phalcon AWACS. They have radar arrays only to the sides and blind spots to the front and back of the aircraft, but they are meant as an addition to the Phalcons anyway, so that's not a big issue.
But I guess that the aircraft can adjust its flight path to compensate those blind spots. certain manuevers which will help. Like if you have fighters coming from east, the flight will be from north to south or south to north to get the perfect coverage.

But I guess that the aircraft can adjust its flight path to compensate those blind spots. certain manuevers which will help. Like if you have fighters coming from east, the flight will be from north to south or south to north to get the perfect coverage.

It is totally based on the mission profile of the aircraft that is decided every morning. during the briefing the pilots are given the co-ordinates and flight path...around 12 of these platforms are planned to be acquired.

The Embraer dosent have a command structure in it. So they are transferred through Datalink II to the Phalcons where the decision is taken.

It is totally based on the mission profile of the aircraft that is decided every morning. during the briefing the pilots are given the co-ordinates and flight path...around 12 of these platforms are planned to be acquired.

The Embraer dosent have a command structure in it. So they are transferred through Datalink II to the Phalcons where the decision is taken.

Are you sure that Embraer does not have a command structure on it and it will send data to Phalcons for decision making?

Highly unlikely..

Are you sure that Embraer does not have a command structure on it and it will send data to Phalcons for decision making?

Highly unlikely..

Embraer does have a command structure but not as efficient as falcons

Highly unlikely..

Yes it does not...because there is no space in it. it is as simple as that. it is an AEW&C not an AEWC&C

Rotodomes are old technology...why do you need rotodomes when you can steer the beam with AESA?

The phalcon has the triangular arrangement of the arrays and there is no rotation. thus helping in 360 degree surveillance. Above all it needs a bigger platform.

:agree::agree::agree:

Still such arrangement has blindspots. the least they should do is is to copy the arrangement of Phalcon.

Yes it does not...because there is no space in it. it is as simple as that. it is an AEW&C not an AEWC&C

Which Embrader variant we are getting for this?

This one?

R-99a-fab6704.jpg

I think SAAB Erieye use the same platform which was delivered to PAF.

Which Embrader variant we are getting for this?

This one?

R-99a-fab6704.jpg

Yeah, that is the R-99 version of the ERJ-145 craft from embraer. We will be getting a similar plane to mount our radar.

I think SAAB Erieye use the same platform which was delivered to PAF.

No, Paf uses SAAB 2000 as a platform for it's erieye system.

800px-Saab2000AEW-SE-045-246.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom