What's new

Long march against Rampal project

Ironically you represent the mental age of the pro -Rampal peoples, which is 14. Since you are so pro -Coal, why not tell your father to give his land for that project and shift to BoB?

Get a life kid.

Eh,I'm 15 now,so I'm no longer in the mental age of the pro-Rampal peoples lolz

@Khan saheb I meant that why not shift the project to somewhere else?

Eh,I'm 15 now,so I'm no longer in the mental age of the pro-Rampal peoples lolz

@Khan saheb I meant that why not shift the project to somewhere else?
You have a good sense of humor.:lol: That's very nice.

That's the main point from start, buddy. The whole argument is Sundarban is too critical and important to risk it even the slightest. Anti Rampal and protesters is saying from the start that gov. should shift the project away from Rampal, where it won't affect Sundarban. They never vetoed Payra or Matatbari Power project, so why Rampal? Cuz Sundarban is crucial, every other argument from Pro -Rampal & BAL is just denial to see the truth.

That's the main point from start, buddy. The whole argument is Sundarban is too critical and important to risk it even the slightest. Anti Rampal and protesters is saying from the start that gov. should shift the project away from Rampal, where it won't affect Sundarban. They never vetoed Payra or Matatbari Power project, so why Rampal? Cuz Sundarban is crucial, every other argument from Pro -Rampal & BAL is just denial to see the truth.[/QUOTE

Sunderban is already getting distroyed as we speak. You cann't protect Sunderban only without Rampal. I guess people see these protests as too much superficial.

Sunderban is already getting distroyed as we speak. You cann't protect Sunderban only without Rampal. I guess people see these protests as too much superficial.

Right. People never paid too much attention to sunderbans before Rampal. As its a national issue now, you see noise here and there. Well better late then never.

Right. People never paid too much attention to sunderbans before Rampal. As its a national issue now, you see noise here and there. Well better late then never.

I do agree with you. But these type of protests now and then, here and there, just dont get Sold. Rather they sould have aimed for a comprehensive law for Sunderban along with a revival and restoration Plan; like detailing area, do's n donts, punishments, separate governing body etc. There are already a lot of dirty industries nearby and many more are on their way. Shrimp firms have been destroying the eco system for a long time.
People just dont see anything conctete about their protest as they lack depth, direction and details.

Doesn't mean someone should drill the last nail on the coffin.

মরার ওপর খাড়ার ঘা না মারাটাই কি বুদ্ধিমানের কাজ নয়?

I do agree with you. But these type of protests now and then, here and there, just dont get Sold. Rather they sould have aimed for a comprehensive law for Sunderban along with a revival and restoration Plan; like detailing area, do's n donts, punishments, separate governing body etc. There are already a lot of dirty industries nearby and many more are on their way. Shrimp firms have been destroying the eco system for a long time.
People just dont see anything conctete about their protest as they lack depth, direction and details.
Structuring proper guidelines and systems are the job of of government, not the civil society. Concerned peoples always kept nudging the government to establish such system and practice, it's the government which never listened. And people not following activism regularly isn't the sole failure of the activists, it's also the failure on part of the people too. And by people it's only the city dwelling middle class, who is too selcenterd to notice, ask any villager from Sundarban are, they always was aware of what is going on. there was always activism going on this issues, middle class was too self absorbed to notice.

So the blame is on everyone, there is no chance for denial anymore. Though late, it's a national issue now. Future will see us trough the decision we take today.

আমাদের মধ্যবিত্তদের দিয়া বিচার কইরা লাভ নাই। মধ্যবিত্ত কখনো গরীবের চিন্তা করেনা। সুন্দরবন সম্পর্কে সবারে টাইনা কথা বললেই নিজেদের অবহেলা ঢাকা পড়ার মত সময় আর হাতে নাই।

Last edited:
According to the Environment Impact Assessment (EIA) of the project, the Rampal power plant will produce 7.5 lakh tonnes of fly ash and 2 lakh tonnes of bottom ash per year. About 15 percent of the ash will be generated as a result of burning coal.

Citing an independent EIA, Prof Harun said the wind flow of area indicates that the Sundarbans will be affected by the toxic gases and ashes of the coal-based power plant in different seasons. As the ashes contain sulphur, carbon dioxide, arsenic, mercury, lead, chromium, and cadmium, it will bring harm to the environment, he added.
The Rampal Power plant site is located about 14 kilometers away from the Sundarbans, a habitat to the Bengal tigers and endangered Irrawaddy dolphin. But the peripheral area of the forest begins within four kilometers from the power plant.

RAMPAL POWER PLANT AND SUNDARBAN- Watch it

Please contain this long march within the borders of bangladesh else BSF will cut it short

If you organize a long march towards border , we will go to cut the borderline and will go to conquer India again. Ur BSF will be just slaughter out by the villagers only.

If you organize a long march towards border , we will go to cut the borderline and will go to conquer India again. Ur BSF will be just slaughter out by the villagers only.
Trollfest begins...

Please contain this long march within the borders of bangladesh else BSF will cut it short
@waz get this unwanted thing outta here

That's the main point from start, buddy. The whole argument is Sundarban is too critical and important to risk it even the slightest. Anti Rampal and protesters is saying from the start that gov. should shift the project away from Rampal, where it won't affect Sundarban. They never vetoed Payra or Matatbari Power project, so why Rampal? Cuz Sundarban is crucial, every other argument from Pro -Rampal & BAL is just denial to see the truth.

Yeah,I find my sense of humor handy when trying to flirt/impress girls!
I prefer a factory in....one of the least developed zones in the country...

Yes the problem is, we are apparently "hujuge". We will jump in not because we actually care but that we need to be in the trend to protest. Only handful of activist, experts and normal people are genuinely worried.

Damn...your march was really long then, since you ended up in UK

"Long March"...and the BD fascination with using terms from countries that actually mean something continues.

Desperate!

Back
Top Bottom