What's new

Lok Sabha passes resolution against Pakistan

45'22'

Reaction score
Country
India
New Delhi, March 15 (IANS) The Lok Sabha Friday passed a resolution rejecting a motion of the Pakistan national assembly attacking the hanging of Indian parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
"Lok Sabha rejects the resolution passed by (the) Pakistan assembly against the hanging of Afzal Guru," Speaker Meira Kumar said, reading out the resolution.
It underlined that Jammu and Kashmir, "including the (Pakistan) occupied territories, were an integral part of India".

http://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&rc...i1gJgH&usg=AFQjCNG3srPk3ixtYM-S0-_b0Fa4aldXGA

atleast some good news.

"Lok Sabha rejects the resolution passed by (the) Pakistan assembly against the hanging of Afzal Guru," Speaker Meira Kumar said, reading out the resolution.
It underlined that Jammu and Kashmir, "including the (Pakistan) occupied territories, were an integral part of India"

Awesome Tit for Tat reply :tup:

Give all of these politicians a gun.. from both sides.. and let them fight it out.
Something like the Hunger games.

sounds grt..i prefer it before elections..
@topic..its time legislature must act maturely .i think there are better ways to show displeasure than kids plays in the great parliament..just because they did it we musnt do it..our democracy is much matured and people expect some maturity

sounds grt..i prefer it before elections..
@topic..its time legislature must act maturely .i think there are better ways to show displeasure than kids plays in the great parliament..just because they did it we musnt do it..our democracy is much matured and people expect some maturity

What would you define maturity is? After all, the beauty of democracy and its bane is that it elects people no better than the average populous. Hence, if the average populous had a reaction similar to all Indian members here to the Pakistani resolution.. then it is quite plausible that the Lok Sabha took it upon itself to send a similar message after the resolution from Pakistan was passed.

What would you define maturity is? After all, the beauty of democracy and its bane is that it elects people no better than the average populous. Hence, if the average populous had a reaction similar to all Indian members here to the Pakistani resolution.. then it is quite plausible that the Lok Sabha took it upon itself to send a similar message after the resolution from Pakistan was passed.

i mean through diplomatically..by summoning envoy or by increasing duties on pakistani goods or decreasing visas issued would be a sane response..not this drama..i think this has to do with the next year elections just like ur guys

The longest running trolling competition between two parliaments.

i mean through diplomatically..by summoning envoy or by increasing duties on pakistani goods or decreasing visas issued would be a sane response..not this drama..i think this has to do with the next year elections just like ur guys

That depends on future policies to be defined. For eg, if the current government has decided on a policy of overt detente and covert overtures with Pakistan. Then it will not target trade markets nor any avenues that provide an advantage to India without compromising its public diplomatic stance. So while Pakistani Businessmen will be allowed to continue their trade , the LoC may be tightened or the consul general may be restricted in his movements. Yet at the same time the trade will be allowed to flow freely which keeps those in Pakistan promoting trade and peace supplied with "ammunition" to fight the rather well equipped Anti-India department.
Again, the idea is not to be all Rajnikanth or otherwise and be black and white; But(and to take a cue from Modi's persona).. to keep options open.As he Promotes Muslim Businessmen while at the same time is ready to sacrifice them in order to appease the votebank.
The same goes for the Union Government, it keeps the public opinion happy about sabre rattling with Pakistan whilst keeping its option flowing for a semi-peaceful trade existence.
India may very well afford to carry out constant detente with Pakistan and continuous sabre rattling, but alternative thought center's within policy makers allow for the possibility of a trade-route and semi "Bangladeshized" Pakistan.

@Oscar Do you think the indian government had the luxury of silence when your legislature passed a resolution on indian internal affairs? Silence would be tantamount to political suicide. Infact they were pushed into a corner by your side.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Oscar Do you think the indian government had the luxury of silence when your legislature passed a resolution on indian internal affairs? Silence would be tantamount to political suicide. Infact they were pushed into a corner by your side.

Call it whatever you wish. It was still a natural expected reaction that defines South Asia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom