What's new

Lockheed May Pitch F-35 to Rejoin $11 Billion India Jet Contest

This will get very interesting, only if USA can include details of AESA radar with the new jets then USA and India will be strong friends.

Its all about $$$

If $$$, then they should respect our national security & sovereignty.. Better they look for other countries.. Americans r masters in making Clauses, and see they are loosing in every front..

If $$$, then they should respect our national security & sovereignty.. Better they look for other countries.. Americans r masters in making Clauses, and see they are loosing in every front..

They still have a huge market in the Middle East. In fact those Middle Eastern countries, including Israel are forced to buy American equipment to some extent.

India or any country for that matter should avoid that American trap.

They still have a huge market in the Middle East. In fact those Middle Eastern countries, including Israel are forced to buy American equipment to some extent.

well said.. We will see the americans tomorrow.. Good night.. :wave:

In 5 years time, do you know India will be richer then the middle east all combined.

Thats the power projection of India and USA realised this, hence moving from Pakistan to India so quickly.

Nice video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed best option is for India to incorporate this into is SFC wing which is entrusted with the responsibility of nukes (I doubt it may have a chance in MCRA since it would have to bend the rule but you never know. Its a potent game changer and India should get its hand on the best no doubt). As for selling to Pakistan, it highyly unlikely due to the news of double crossing by Pakistan coming in the US media. Also, if the USA did go ahead with such a sale, it could kiss a lot of potential contracts good bye, as the Indian public would perceive this as pandering to a nation supporting terrorism (OBL)

Entrusting our nukes with f-35? well, before that lets go through some facts,mate.
As you know like most US fighter, f-35 comes with seal-tamper-proof clause and the only thing the buyer allowed to do is dusting it in the hanger.
Well,that mechanism brings possibilities like,Ability for US to keep a homing device inside the aircraft parts in the pretext to prevent its proliferation. well,last time I heard, that possibility just turned into a reality for Turks when they found out the presence of a tracking device from their crashed f16 component.

Now the big question is, are we willing to place our strategic nuclear assets on a flying f-35 that has no qualms in giving away its status updates to US?
well, any sane answer would be ,nay nay nay.

Entrusting our nukes with f-35? well, before that lets go through some facts,mate.
As you know like most US fighter, f-35 comes with seal-tamper-proof clause and the only thing the buyer allowed to do is dusting it in the hanger.
Well,that mechanism brings possibilities like,Ability for US to keep a homing device inside the aircraft parts in the pretext to prevent its proliferation. well,last time I heard, that possibility just turned into a reality for Turks when they found out the presence of a tracking device from their crashed f16 component.

Now the big question is, are we willing to place our strategic nuclear assets on a flying f-35 that has no qualms in giving away its status updates to US?
well, any sane answer would be ,nay nay nay.

You're right I completely forgot to take the "clause" factor and the ability of the US to knwo where the palnes are at all times. Damn then th best best bet would probably be LCA's carrying the nuke payload with the F35's clearing a path into enemy territory.

At the same, any plane we purchase there is a possibility of spying as most Western nations work together. Who is to say the French won;t do it? Im not worried about tracking (as long as nukes are kept away) but I am concerned about "kill switches" which could be a reality. I guess the only option left for the US to get this contract is to meet our demands which are not far fetched as you mentioned. Thanks.

I guess the bigger question is when and will India ever become an ally of the USA like the British or Turkey? Are they willing to move this relationship to the next level? Sure these is a price but the benefits are better than being isolated and facing an enemy with increasing allies.

Domestic Industry should our number one priority

Leting the F 35 to enter the MMRCA compitition will be the worst thing to do at this stage when the compitition is in the final.It will start again all the tests for F35 and if selected it will be never inducted before 2018 or even later making the situation for IAF miserable.It will cost atleast 200 milion per piece and defenetly will not come with tot.So MoD should stay on track.Even for SFC F35 will not fit due to its lack of range and the americans will certainly not let us fit our nules.Instead something like FGFA should be seriously considered when it gets ready as it will have huge range and payload and will definetly not come with any strings attached.Till then upgraded MKIs with AESA radars and Brahmos/Nirbhay cruise missiles will be more than enough.
REGARDS........

I do not think it is happening, since all the process of evaluation has ended. We might consider it for Navy that to when we get the assurance of faster delivery. Cannot wait for 2022.

At the same, any plane we purchase there is a possibility of spying as most Western nations work together. Who is to say the French won;t do it?
Very True. Well,its a case of choosing between evil and lesser evil. and the better logics points to the lesser one.
But having a TOT provides an excellent means to study their shipped equipments and coded softwares to minute details to weed out most, if not all its snitches.

I guess the bigger question is when and will India ever become an ally of the USA like the British?

The term 'ally' to US falls into a broad spectrum. The so called "Allied" British weren't allowed by US to partake some f-35 technology which the Brits and few other nations funded its development from their own coffers.

If you turn the pages of history you will know that US weren't willing to share the datas of Manhattan project itself, which ironically had the most talented British brains and money. Well, at the end the Brits had to smuggle the atomic details out of US to make their N-bomb.

Allying with a nation never guarantees us their total trust,nor it guarantees spy free environment,mate. You see its a Dog Eat Dog world.;)
In the world of politics its the Diplomacy rather than friendship, the real winner. Hope we are bettering it.

Back
Top Bottom