What's new

Lieutenant General, who led Operation Blue Star, attacked in London

But what about Kashmiris , as of now they are also Indian Citizens , they should get some relief from Indian Army's atrocities as well

Well they already have.

Those who are getting banged up are just your puppets fooling around in the guise of "Kashmiris".

And we will keep banging them until they either leave the country or just join the dinosaurs.

Do the Sikhs living outside India not fall within NRI category.
Unless they hold an Indian passport (ie are Indian citizens) then they cannot be called NRIs.

And I know what you're getting at but even still the majority of Sikhs (worldwide and Indian citizens) harbour none of the Khalistani BS and have no ill feeling for the Indian nation just the politicans who orchestrated action against the Sikh community (which is reasonable, no?). Onlt a tiny, tiny minorty of Sikhs (anywhere) harbour any militant or radical views let me tell you AS A SIKH.

Sir,

Please do not make wrong statements.

The percentage of Sikhs in Indian Army has been drastically reduced since Operation Bluestar and the subsequent mutinies in Sikh Regiments.
BS- nothing changed. "mutinies"??!!! Really?? "mutinies"??!! Pull the other one!! Some discord but nothing serious. Go to a recruiting ralley in Punjab and see how many Sikh men are there- go to any regiment and tell me how many Sikhs are there.

Somethings really went wrong in that operation.

People like Gobind Ram did things which should have never been done.

On one hand we try to make a lot of efforts for muslims who i am sorry to say are not as much part of the nation building as the Sikhs and on the other hand we dont even care about what happened in 84..culprits were not punished.

We need to set our priorities right...Had we done even 1% of what we are doing for Kashmiris we would have earned a lot more brothers and sisters loving their country and working for its success.

I really sincerely wish that you be careful about what you say, rather than 'gushing'.

Gobind Ram was not a part of Blue Star. He was not even an SSP at the time of Blue Star. All that he did was months afterwards, during k. P. S. Gill's clean up operations, which swept the Punjab clean of terrorists.

If by 1984, you mean Blue Star, i fail utterly to see what we should be apologizing for.

Exactly as in Kargil, Indian Army soldiers took huge casualties by going in at point blank range against machine gun lines of fire. When they finally broke through, they were under orders not to fire at the Akal Takht or Harmandir Sahib. The Akal Takht was damaged when cleaning out the Khalistanis who had goner ground there.

A good comparison would be the horrific way in which the Mecca mosque had to be cleared, against a similar fanatic religiously motivated enemy.

If by 1984, you mean Indira Gandhi's assassination, I can't understand what apology is necessary.

If by 1984, you mean the anti-Sikh riots, then it is not an apology but convictions and punishment of the instigators that is needed.

I really sincerely wish that you be careful about what you say, rather than 'gushing'.

Gobind Ram was not a part of Blue Star. He was not even an SSP at the time of Blue Star. All that he did was months afterwards, during k. P. S. Gill's clean up operations, which swept the Punjab clean of terrorists.

If by 1984, you mean Blue Star, i fail utterly to see what we should be apologizing for.

Exactly as in Kargil, Indian Army soldiers took huge casualties by going in at point blank range against machine gun lines of fire. When they finally broke through, they were under orders not to fire at the Akal Takht or Harmandir Sahib. The Akal Takht was damaged when cleaning out the Khalistanis who had goner ground there.

A good comparison would be the horrific way in which the Mecca mosque had to be cleared, against a similar fanatic religiously motivated enemy.

If by 1984, you mean Indira Gandhi's assassination, I can't understand what apology is necessary.

If by 1984, you mean the anti-Sikh riots, then it is not an apology but convictions and punishment of the instigators that is needed.

I had used 84 in my post and not Op Bluestar and hence i wasnt reffering to the operation but to various things that followed specially when Police was involved and obviously the riots.

Please keep them in your own sasural.

Naah..ajtr autyji is too much in love with that scums. As we are in no mood to allow them any space its better she take them to her sasural in Pakistan. Between drones and TTP, I am sure they can find some causes to fight for..but don't worry its just for show, they can easily be tamed with some protection money or as you call it Bhatta.

Wish the gentleman a speedy recovery. Why was he not given protection when he was in london.
Met police should investigate and take action against culprits.

Try to retain your heart unwrenched and learn what the terrorists did. You are conflating several phases into one.

If you are commenting as an individual, it might help you to arrive at a balanced stand and find out what went on at the time, rather than depend on anecdotal evidence.

If you are speaking as a Pakistani, let me share with you my own perception that my country took hard choices, perhaps later than it should have, but take them it did. If yours does not, even now, there is a worse storm than anything you have seen in our country coming your way.

Sir,

It was just a reflection of my own views. I know the Indian posters would not take it in that spirit. I sat down with some of the Sikh friends and other family members on certain occasions and heard their stories. Stories of some guys who saw stuff when they were kids. The horror and the anger could be seen in their eyes.

You people in your nationalistic spirit may not want to listen - it is up to you. I also know that when such fights take place, it is the innocents who suffer the most. The families of those who decide to cross the rubicon pay the ultimate price.

I have read both the operations in great many details and have sat down even with some of the oldies who took part in the first operation and the second one. The second operation was probably better handled than the first one due to lessons learned during the first one i.e. Operation Bluestar.

However, no matter how the Sikh people are more prosperous and wealthy etc in India, I have seen the hurt and the anger. I assure you Sir, it is not going to go away so easy, irrespective of your real-politik laden observations.

The difference is the Constitution of India.

It is a pity that you display a flashy,showy kind of populism without seeing how corrupt and money-minded the Maoists are. Come with me and I will introduce you to industrialists in Warangal who have total access to the forests and their produce in exchange for regular payments to the party, not in the jungle but through very sophisticated methods. Anybody who does not toe their line is ruthlessly murdered.

Do you specialize in supporting terrorist murders?
Actually she is. We have a neighbor who is MBA from elite B School, earns over 50,000 per month , runs NGO for education,...all fine....but he misdirect villagers against the state government. State government wants forest region to be secure due to dwindling number of species, they want to keep buffer state. Villagers don't understand it and they are enabled by these Maoists supporting faction of our society. This can turn into bloodshed anyday.

And the thing is forest is used villagers to graze their cattle and when an animal attacks them, they kill it.

These type pf people are the real enemy. They use poor people for their twisted goals.

Unless they hold an Indian passport (ie are Indian citizens) then they cannot be called NRIs.

And I know what you're getting at but even still the majority of Sikhs (worldwide and Indian citizens) harbour none of the Khalistani BS and have no ill feeling for the Indian nation just the politicans who orchestrated action against the Sikh community (which is reasonable, no?). Onlt a tiny, tiny minorty of Sikhs (anywhere) harbour any militant or radical views let me tell you AS A SIKH.

I have been to some Sikh Gurdwaras in Canada. An there is considerable acrimony between Indian Hindus and Indian Sikhs.

I thought that a large majority of Sikhs in Canada do not hold good opinion about India. I am just quoting one such country.

BS- nothing changed. "mutinies"??!!! Really?? "mutinies"??!! Pull the other one!! Some discord but nothing serious. Go to a recruiting ralley in Punjab and see how many Sikh men are there- go to any regiment and tell me how many Sikhs are there.

The percentage of Sikh induction in Indian Army ranks and file has been reduced after mutiny incidents in Indian Army.

I have been to some Sikh Gurdwaras in Canada. An there is considerable acrimony between Indian Hindus and Indian Sikhs.

I thought that a large majority of Sikhs in Canada do not hold good opinion about India. I am just quoting one such country.

I can't speak for all but I'd say this was a tiny, tiny number of people. Wrt acrimony between Indian Hindus and Sikhs-from my experince here in the UK and in Canada this is simply not true-again if so just a tiny proportion.

Actually she is. We have a neighbor who is MBA from elite B School, earns over 50,000 per month , runs NGO for education,...all fine....but he misdirect villagers against the state government. State government wants forest region to be secure due to dwindling number of species, they want to keep buffer state. Villagers don't understand it and they are enabled by these Maoists supporting faction of our society. This can turn into bloodshed anyday.

And the thing is forest is used villagers to graze their cattle and when an animal attacks them, they kill it.

These type pf people are the real enemy. They use poor people for their twisted goals.

Report him to Police ASAP.

Back
Top Bottom