What's new

Let India Train the Afghan Army

Status
Not open for further replies.
and y dont u see post no 7 then...y start insulting my country's army..i didnt start it...u guys did..iam proud of my armed forces..but check post no 2 and post no 7..u insult my armed forces..then u will be responded in kind

Questioning the competence of the Indian Army is not an insult, people are putting forward their observations, just like Super Falcon did in his post....but you decided to take it one level above that...hence you got your reply

first check who started it...u first insulted my religion...and if u want.. call me anything..hindutva,,or anything...but u insulted hindus and hinduism

"Talibs are your disciples" - Do you even know who the disciples in Islam are..........you insulted Islam by levelling Talibs to the form of disciples or anyone else and then used terrorist methods of child suicide bombers to make it look as though it was our way of life that we do this to our own children.....WTF do you think you people are

Relax people,let's just settle this issue in a nicer way before anyone gets bashed and just leave religion out of this?

In order to TRAIN the Afghans you need to KNOW the Afghans!

Indian Army (except of course for Indian Intelligence RAW in providing espionage training to its Afghan cronies) has no experience, geographical link, social link, historical link, trade link or any other link for that matter to qualify it for the job. Of course and needless to say, Afghan's are far better tacticians and fighters compared to the Indian Army any time of the day. Maybe Afghanistan can earn some foreign exchange on teaching Indian grunts on how to fight a 'real' war?

In order to TRAIN the Afghans you need to KNOW the Afghans!

Please explain this to me. I did not get your point.

Indian Army (except of course for Indian Intelligence RAW in providing espionage training to its Afghan cronies) has no experience, geographical link, social link, historical link, trade link or any other link for that matter to qualify it for the job. Of course and needless to say, Afghan's are far better tacticians and fighters compared to the Indian Army any time of the day. Maybe Afghanistan can earn some foreign exchange on teaching Indian grunts on how to fight a 'real' war?

As RAW is concerned, there is no evidences except media reports and some vague statements that too of contradicting nature.

As for Indian army's skills or experience is concerned, all I can say that you do not know anything about Indian armed forces. If there is training given to USA soldiers, what is there so called common historical/geographical/social link. Kindly do not post childish comments.

And lastly, "Afghan's are far better tacticians and fighters compared to the Indian Army any time of the day. Maybe Afghanistan can earn some foreign exchange on teaching Indian grunts on how to fight a 'real' war?" --> Just flame. No substances.

@topic:
This is a matter which is technically between India and Afghanistan. SInce Pakistan's image is not-so-good in Afghanistan therefore it does not look a good choice. OTOH India, being one of largest donator, is naturally fit for the above role. However I think India should not send their men to Afghanistan considering long term interests.
Best possible solution is, let NATO force train them.

P.S. --> India shares historical ties with Afghanistan. Time to learn History. (Hint: Read about Taxila and Chanakya).

Last edited:
well afghan don't like Pakistani they don't have trust on them

Pakistan(army,isi) has a relation with Taliban

we are doing good work as we can do to make there life happy and easy

Afghanistan: Why India’s Cooperation is a Problem for Pakistan

April 11, 2008 | 2253 GMT

MASSOUD HOSSAINI/AFP/
Afghanistan’s Defense Minister Abdul Rahim Wardak
Summary
Afghan Defense Minister Abdul Rahim Wardak is visiting India amid talks of New Delhi providing counterinsurgency assistance to Kabul. Increased Indian-Afghan cooperation — at a time when Islamabad’s Taliban card has become problematic — would place the Pakistanis at a disadvantage with India, its long-time rival.

Analysis
The Indian army will train Afghanistan’s army in counterinsurgency operations — the latest development in a growing alliance between India and Afghanistan that threatens the country sandwiched between: Pakistan.
For Pakistan, it would appear that this triangular relationship is coming full circle.
Afghanistan’s Defense Minister Abdul Rahim Wardak met with his Indian counterpart A. K. Antony in the Indian capital April 10 to discuss bilateral military cooperation, The Associated Press of Pakistan reported April 11.
While the Indian defense minister ruled out any military involvement in Afghanistan, the increased cooperation between New Delhi and Kabul puts Pakistan in a weakened position with its neighbors.Wardak also visited the 15th Corps of the Indian army headquartered in Srinagar, the capital of Indian-administered Kashmir, and will visit the Indian air force’s training command and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited in Bangalore in southern India. These visits are coming amid reports that Afghanistan might be considering sending its air force pilots for training to India. Moreover, Wardak said his country would seek New Delhi’s help in maintaining Soviet-era helicopter gun ships and medium helicopters to provide logistical support to its armed forces.

Free Article for Non-Members | STRATFOR

:cheers::cheers:

Please explain this to me. I did not get your point.

As RAW is concerned, there is no evidences except media reports and some vague statements that too of contradicting nature.

As for Indian army's skills or experience is concerned, all I can say that you do not know anything about Indian armed forces. If there is training given to USA soldiers, what is there so called common historical/geographical/social link. Kindly do not post childish comments.

And lastly, "Afghan's are far better tacticians and fighters compared to the Indian Army any time of the day. Maybe Afghanistan can earn some foreign exchange on teaching Indian grunts on how to fight a 'real' war?" --> Just flame. No substances.

@topic:
This is a matter which is technically between India and Afghanistan. SInce Pakistan's image is not-so-good in Afghanistan therefore it does not look a good choice. OTOH India, being one of largest donator, is naturally fit for the above role. However I think India should not send their men to Afghanistan considering long term interests.
Best possible solution is, let NATO force train them.

P.S. --> India shares historical ties with Afghanistan. Time to learn History. (Hint: Read about Taxila and Chanakya).

a. Last I checked, Afghanistan is a Muslim State and not a Hindu State. And Taxila is in Pakistan!

b. I know your Indian Army grunts and their abilities quite well! Notwithstanding the shoddy demo of 26/11 Mumbai please do not flatter yourself by thinking that the US Marines came to Indian held Kashmir to 'learn' from the Indian Army. Such a statement of comparing your puny experience in Siachen to that of US Army's state-of-the-art ability to fight on high altitudes just shows your mental incapacity to comprehend the obvious.

c. The reason you did not get the point is testimony to the point itself!

Lastly, I do agree that Afghanistan is not your domain because if you will send your forces their for whatever reason, they will be chewed down and spat out like a bad 'pan' in a Pathan's mouth!:pop:

Afghan's are far better tacticians and fighters compared to the Indian Army any time of the day.

Not in today's modern warfare. Yes, they're best in guerrilla warfare, but they need more professionalism to tackle insurgency (..Taliban) and survive war with other countries (;)). If you doubt IA's professionalism, sorry, I can't help you.

Maybe Afghanistan can earn some foreign exchange on teaching Indian grunts on how to fight a 'real' war?

Already not started..??!! Now I understand what's going on the so called Indian training camps in Afghanistan... They teach us on how to fight a 'real' war. :)

Afghan's are far better tacticians and fighters compared to the Indian Army any time of the day.

If that is the case then Pakistan will definetly be the choice because they are not able to take their god given kashmir in 62 years and ended up loosing Bangladesh from an incompetent army... what a shame...

so it would be a better choice to go with India then going for Pakistan,
Yes Pakistan can definetly provide them with crash course in providing support to freedom fighters aka terrorists and to fight them back when they turn back on yourself

a. Last I checked, Afghanistan is a Muslim State and not a Hindu State. And Taxila is in Pakistan!

Ok my bad. How about Gandhar!! Anyways please try to understand the point.

If you believe that international relations are formulated by religious angle alone then I differ with you. You can not tell this with Indo-Us, Indo-Russia or Pakistan-China relation. Childish post.

b. I know your Indian Army grunts and their abilities quite well! Notwithstanding the shoddy demo of 26/11 Mumbai please do not flatter yourself by thinking that the US Marines came to Indian held Kashmir to 'learn' from the Indian Army. Such a statement of comparing your puny experience in Siachen to that of US Army's state-of-the-art ability to fight on high altitudes just shows your mental incapacity to comprehend the obvious.

Thank you for letting us know the capabilities of IA.
Without knowing the situation about 26/11, you are just posting irrelevant comments.

:hitwall:

Lastly, I do agree that Afghanistan is not your domain because if you will send your forces their for whatever reason, they will be chewed down and spat out like a bad 'pan' in a Pathan's mouth!:pop:

Offtopic flame!!

Best comment ever:lol::lol::lol:

who the hell r u guys to tell afghanistan who they should train from?
they r a sovereign nation..and they will be friendly with any country they wish..

and dont again start the hindu vs muslim non-sense...
ur pea-sized brain doesnt think more than that...

....and u dont flatter urself by deluding in belief that pakistan army is proffesional army.....u have been harping about indian army's response to 26/11...
it just show how ignorant and irrationally ur brain fuctions:cheesy:...

the attacks took place in 10 different areas at same time...of them 3 were five star hotels with more than 500 rooms each.....

hotel oberoi and trident were more than 15 floors each...clearing carefully every room in every floor,every corner,every cupboard without harming the hostages is not an easy task for any army...let me tell u again FOR ANY ARMY...

so stop deluding urself that Indian Army is weak..if u still delude urself..then u will perish at ur own peril....

oh yes as being done in the afghan border of pakistan and cities of pakistan by the afghans and local people from the troubled area of pakistan...

alas you are pakistan and we are india. there lies the diffrence. remember chanakya. the best battles are won without firing a bullet. and we have many of such battles....:bunny:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom