What's new

Lebanese minister accuses Syria of “ethnic cleansing” of Sunnis

KSA and Iran both have same goal in Pakistan - that is influence at any cost and like Syria, it will be Pakistani people who will bear the cost of such influence......

Your analysis is stuck in 1990s.

Since then the ground realities in Pakistan, and in KSA, and in Iran have changed dramatically.

1. In Pakistan Shias have long said good bye to militant struggle. Few of them who had this idea of Iranian back insurgency have given up or are simply dead.

2. Iran too has lost the will and money to support any large scale support for Pak-Shias for creating something similar to Hizb-kittahs.

Thus #1 and #2 clearly negate the "Iran" part of your post

For KSA too, things are totally different since the 1990s.

3. Saudi government has long quit sending funds to Mad-house Wahabi Madrassahs.
-- This was due to the thread to Pakistan but more importantly threat to KSA

4. Saudi people especially parents have dramatically changed in the last 10-20 years but especially since 2001.
--- they want their kids and especially daughters to get educated to the highest level.
--- Saudi Hijackers and OBL was the last hurrah of extremists.
--- KSA now is on path of becoming one of the most enlightened states in the region, and at some point they will become constitutional monarchy that is very similar to the modern day Britain.

5. Wahabi and Salafi terrorists in Pakistan have lost much of their funding. They are down to few charities who are still sending money to few people within TTP, and JuD.

Thus #3 to #5 clearly negate the "KSA" part of your post

It is time we the Paks realize that most of the problems that we have now are due to our own islamism. No one from outside can do much.

Oh and size does matter.

A 200 million strong country cannot be held down by 20 million population KSA, or 80 million Iran.

especially when our political system (if we allow it to work) is 100 years ahead of both KSA and Iran.

We have the destiny in our hands

And

I am very hopeful that our future is bright.

peace

@FaujHistorian

Hello Sir again,

I hope you're doing good.

I would like to stress out two key points from a Saudi point of view, If I may please.

1- I don't quite understand why would KSA destabilize its closest friend and ally, I don't think any rational human being will believe in such conspiracy at all.

2- I understand the funding issue, however, things have dramatically change in our favor ages ago. Presently, We can easily track down every single penny that comes in or out, ESPEIALLY WHAT'S BEEN DEPOSITED TO PAKISTANI BANK ACCOUNTS.

Also, please check this out.

Peace

Last edited by a moderator:
that the minister should go to Syria at war.
I would have looked at it. he will live one day, in the chaos and terror attacks. He wants to see the victory of the terrorists in Syria? and the arrival of guests in Lebanon?
:what:

Your analysis is stuck in 1990s.

Since then the ground realities in Pakistan, and in KSA, and in Iran have changed dramatically.

1. In Pakistan Shias have long said good bye to militant struggle. Few of them who had this idea of Iranian back insurgency have given up or are simply dead.

2. Iran too has lost the will and money to support any large scale support for Pak-Shias for creating something similar to Hizb-kittahs.

Thus #1 and #2 clearly negate the "Iran" part of your post

For KSA too, things are totally different since the 1990s.

3. Saudi government has long quit sending funds to Mad-house Wahabi Madrassahs.
-- This was due to the thread to Pakistan but more importantly threat to KSA

4. Saudi people especially parents have dramatically changed in the last 10-20 years but especially since 2001.
--- they want their kids and especially daughters to get educated to the highest level.
--- Saudi Hijackers and OBL was the last hurrah of extremists.
--- KSA now is on path of becoming one of the most enlightened states in the region, and at some point they will become constitutional monarchy that is very similar to the modern day Britain.

5. Wahabi and Salafi terrorists in Pakistan have lost much of their funding. They are down to few charities who are still sending money to few people within TTP, and JuD.

Thus #3 to #5 clearly negate the "KSA" part of your post

It is time we the Paks realize that most of the problems that we have now are due to our own islamism. No one from outside can do much.

Oh and size does matter.

A 200 million strong country cannot be held down by 20 million population KSA, or 80 million Iran.

especially when our political system (if we allow it to work) is 100 years ahead of both KSA and Iran.

We have the destiny in our hands

And

I am very hopeful that our future is bright.

peace

You are wrong my friend.

Sunni extremists in Syria blow up Shiite mosque

Fundamentalism died in Iran because 90% population does not agree with Mullahs and they are only able to rule with iron fist.

On the other hand extremism thrives in KSA and Gulf because the people mentality is oriented in this direction even though the monarchies would like to liberalize. Just look at the funny fatwas coming in from Saudi twitter sheikhs..regardless an extremist Iran is still far more tolerant, progressive and liberal than reformist KSA where Mutaween still yield power with sticks and debate is still on for women cycling, women working and women driving. The tribal Arab culture is perhaps one of the most backward and derogatory culture in the world while the Persian culture has a history of thriving accomplishment and this is where the basic facts separate from fiction.

Until 90's it was Afghanistan now fundos have a new heaven and money pit - it is called Syria.
Same game new playground.

@somebozo

It's not KSA's fault that some nutcase blew up a Masjid or a Church.

Fundamentalism died in Iran because 90% population does not agree with Mullahs and they are only able to rule with iron fist.

I never lived among Iraians unfortunately, but I get to meet few off and on, and never had a good experience except with two people who were my classmates. Therefore, I can't judge them entirely upon who they are, but their regime is PURE milivilant.

On the other hand extremism thrives in KSA and Gulf because the people mentality is oriented in this direction even though the monarchies would like to liberalize.

So, are you telling to say that all Saudis are extremists? Or is it because of our mentalities? If all Saudis were extremists then I don't think @Arabian Legend or @Mosamania should never become Drs, or a T.A. in my case, that's a blinkered biased judgment. Our Gov't doesn't dictate what should we do and what we shouldn't. I for once can be whatever I want to be and my human instinct entails me to denounce extremism, ignorance, and hatred toward the others.

Just look at the funny fatwas coming in from Saudi twitter sheikhs

What an incoherent example to support your arguments with. Here is why : -

1- Most of these so-called Fatwas were tweeted by Saudi youths to troll people, if you take a look at how ridiculous they really are you can easily understand what kind of a joke someone is trying to crack.

2- Hypothetically speaking, if these Fatwas turned out to be issued by an Islamic Scholars, the Sikeh has to be a member of the Saudi Islamic Grand Council, which is the ONLY legitimate entity to issue a Fatwa. In addition, some Fataws may get people into trouble if these Fatwas were meant to be targeting a specific person in particular or a group of people in general. Say for example, if I issued a Fatwa on Tweeter, and later this Fatwa invokes something to be immoral like calling to rape all women, the Gov't will hold me accountable.

KSA where Mutaween still yield power with sticks and debate is still on for women cycling, women working and women driving

:lol: Mutaweens don't instruct people or prevent women from driving, the only reason for women not to drive is that many people are concerned about the safety if their women. You know we happen to have a considerable portion of nomadic people holding our back.

The tribal Arab culture is perhaps one of the most backward and derogatory culture in the world while the Persian culture has a history of thriving accomplishment and this is where the basic facts separate from fiction.

Indeed, Persia has a rich history, but at the same time the Arab civilization is shall never be underestimated.

Never ceased to amaze me with your ignorance.

I'm not that type of person who believes that one people are superior compared to others, I believe every nation has its own pros and cons.

Arab culture I assume it doesn't take a nation of bozos to google it and find out yourself right?

Arab Civilization

Arabian Civilization

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMDjF64mGLw

:wave:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom