What's new

Learn to speak Farsi/ Persian on PDF!

Hey Buddy, Just want to know, How comfortable Afghans are with our language Hindi/Urdu? I mean If I meet & greet you will you be able and respond in the same way? I met one Afghan taxi driver in US who was very much comfortable with me in conversation and was listening ghazal sung by "Jagjit Singh" (It may be his marketing strategy as well) but I believe this was in effect of Indian/Pakistani people with whom he was staying with. Please enlighten me.

i have some indian friends, when they speak word by word i realize some words and understand. one of them sent me his wedding card i understood all text in, because had a lot of Persian words.
Persian words in Urdu help to make easy communication

different dialects of English are still English, same here. I wish I could understand Dari though. I've seen a lot of Iranians communicating with Afghans like it's nothing but I have a very hard time understanding dari speakers. I've never been good with languages.

Nima, once we are done with the verbs and grammer here I plan to make a general chart with Irani Farsi, Tajiki and Dari side by side showing the differences which are fewer than you think. There are minor variations in pronunciation and grammer only. Also, thanks for joining this thread.

Tajiki and Dari speakers have had a period of isolation from other Persian speakers for some time. While Farsi has evolved faster in Iran, Tajiki and Dari are more closer to older forms of Persian. The names carry a political weight though. Dari was known as Farsi or Farsi Dari until 1964 when "Dari" was made official and a body for its seperate development started. Also, until the 1920s, Tajiki was known as "zabon Farsi" there until the Soviet administeration changed it alongside a shift to cyrllic alphabet.

Hey Buddy, Just want to know, How comfortable Afghans are with our language Hindi/Urdu? I mean If I meet & greet you will you be able and respond in the same way? I met one Afghan taxi driver in US who was very much comfortable with me in conversation and was listening ghazal sung by "Jagjit Singh" (It may be his marketing strategy as well) but I believe this was in effect of Indian/Pakistani people with whom he was staying with. Please enlighten me.

pakistanis have taught afghans urdu, now they enjoy bollywood and its songs.

خرمشهر را خدا آزاد کرد
سالگرد آزادی خرمشهر مبارکباد

More verbs:

to see- "didæn" (دیدن)
mæn mibinæm - I see (من می بینم)
to mibini - you see (informal) (تو می ببین)
shoma mibinid - you see (formal) (... شما)
etc.

to look - negæristæn (نگریستن) (this is more an archaic version, mostly used in literature)
mæn minegæram - I look (...من می)
to minegæri - you look (informal) (...تو می)
shoma minegærid - you look (formal) (... شما)
etc.

to look - negah kærdæn (نگاه کردن) (this is the version mostly used for speaking today)
mæn negah mikonæm - I look (...من نگاه)
etc.

to put - gozashtæn (گذاشتن)
mæn migozaræm - I put (...من می)
to migozari - you put (...تو می)
an migozaræd - that puts (این می گذارد)
etc.

to like = dust dashtæn (دوست داشتن)
follows the same pattern as above

to hide = qayem (Ar.) , penhan (پنهان)
to find = peyda (پیدا)
follows same pattern as above

for example...
penhan kærdæn (پنهان کردن) = to hide; penhan shodæn (پنهان شورن) = to be hidden
peyda kærdæn = to find (پیدا کردن); peyda shodæn (پیدا شورن) = to be found

fekr kærdæn = to think (fekr = (Ar.) fikr) (فکر کردن)
pendar kærdæn or farz kærdæn = to ponder, to imagine, to suppose, to think (فرض کردن)

to think - ændishidæn (اندیشیدن)
mæn miændishæm - I think (...من می)
to miændishi - you think (...تو می)
an miændishæd - it thinks (...این می)

Last edited:
btw pasban did you find urdu easy to learn as you know persian language??

Knowing Persian, it is inherently easier to learn Urdu, Uzbeki, Hindi, and even Turkish amongst others because of the usage of similar roots and certain words. Urdu and Persian share vocabulary more so than others.

About finding Urdu easy to learn, it might not be so for someone who has no background of Urdu. This is because the sentence structure, grammar and pronunciation are different. That being said, I consider Urdu a more difficult language than Persian. If a Persian speaker gets the male and female tenses in Urdu well, then the language becomes easy afterwards. For example, in Urdu it would be "gari jah rahi hai" (female tense for car) but "tangah ja raha hai (male tense for cart). You can imagine the difficulty a non-Urdu speaker would have. The Key is that two female or male tenses follow each other in Urdu like "Kangi ker rahi hai" and "Kanga ker raha hai." Most learners would have difficulty with this.

خرمشهر را خدا آزاد کرد

dadash, harfet kheily mozakhraf bood!
In hame adam joon dadan hala to oomady khoda khoda mikoni? Baba tarze fekre shoma nasle ghadimia vaghean zahre vase in keshvar.

تا ملاه کفن نشه، این وطن وطن نشه

In hame adam joon dadan hala to oomady khoda khoda mikoni? Baba tarze fekre shoma nasle ghadimia vaghean zahre vase in keshvar.

^^ you are writing in arabic script, then why you hate arabs.. :pissed off:, camel hater lol..

خرمشهر را خدا آزاد کرد

!شهیدان، پیچیده در گوش زمان فریادتان
پاینده باد خاک ایران ما

Last edited:

از آنجایی که اینجا جای مجادله بحثهای داخلی ایران نیست ترجیح میدهم پاسخ ندهم
اما فقط بدان موضوع جنگ یک موضوع ملی است و همه انهایی که ادعای دفاع از ایران در جنگهای اینده را دارند باید از پیروزیهای گذشته خوشحال باشند.
اینهمه ادم کشته شده ای که میگویی و درست هم است افکارشان برای دفاع از این کشور زهر است اماکسانی که حتی صدای صوت خمپاره را از فرسنگها هم نشنیده اند و یا حتی بدنیا نیامده بودند برای اظهار نظر در مورد جنگ محقترند؟
کسانی که قدر قهرمانان خود را نمیدانند پیشاپیش در جنگهای آینده شکست خورده اند
راستی اصلا میدانی در زمان جنگ ما چه سلاحهایی داشتیم و عراق چه سلاحهایی؟ آنوقت معنی اینکه خدا خرمشهر را آزاد کرد را میفهمی.
خداوند به همه ما انصاف فرحمت کند

از آنجایی که اینجا جای مجادله بحثهای داخلی ایران نیست ترجیح میدهم پاسخ ندهم
اما فقط بدان موضوع جنگ یک موضوع ملی است و همه انهایی که ادعای دفاع از ایران در جنگهای اینده را دارند باید از پیروزیهای گذشته خوشحال باشند.
اینهمه ادم کشته شده ای که میگویی و درست هم است افکارشان برای دفاع از این کشور زهر است اماکسانی که حتی صدای صوت خمپاره را از فرسنگها هم نشنیده اند و یا حتی بدنیا نیامده بودند برای اظهار نظر در مورد جنگ محقترند؟
کسانی که قدر قهرمانان خود را نمیدانند پیشاپیش در جنگهای آینده شکست خورده اند
راستی اصلا میدانی در زمان جنگ ما چه سلاحهایی داشتیم و عراق چه سلاحهایی؟ آنوقت معنی اینکه خدا خرمشهر را آزاد کرد را میفهمی.
خداوند به همه ما انصاف فرحمت کند

dadash, in parto palahaye shoma piremarda dige kharidar nadare.

Ye almani mitoone az aghayede Naziya to jange jahani motenafer bashe, vali az fadakarihaye sarbazaye almani hamishe moteshakere.

Man mese tamamie Iranihaye hamsene khodam ta abad moteshakeram az kesai ke vase Iran jangidan, vali ta akhare zendegim mijangam vase inke Iran, Irane Islami namoone. Rooko rast betoon begam, shoma piremardha Jomhoorie Islami ro ba khodetoon be goor mibarin. Iraniaye nasle man asan dige be in dine kasife arabi fekr nemikoonan. Man ye adam hamsene khodam nadidam ke bege man mosalmoonam. Irane emrooz Irane 25 million piremard pirezane arab zadast (adamai mese shoma). Ba mordane nasle ghadime Iran, jomhoorie Islamiham mimire.

To "certain" members here. This thread is not meant for politics and does not require talk of the IRI! If you want to discuss politics then make your own thread and etc.. This place is for teaching Persian, period. Thanks!

:angry:

Back
Top Bottom