ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Lal Masjid cleric wants enforcement of Shariah
By Azam Khan
Published: March 28, 2012

ISLAMABAD:
And now he wants enforcement of Shariah law in the country.
After already managing to get pricey land in Sector H-11 for rebuilding the madrassah (a girls’ seminary) that was razed during the 2008 military operation, firebrand Lal Masjid cleric Abdul Aziz shifted attention in the Supreme Court from the mosque’s reconstruction to the enforcement of Sharia law in the country. He called on the chief justice to take suo motu notice of the delay in the enforcement of Islamic laws for which “we rendered great sacrifices”.
A three-judge bench of the Supreme Court headed by Chief Justice (CJ) Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry on Tuesday sought reply from the government on a suo motu case on Lal Masjid and Jamia Hafsa along with a contempt petition filed by Maulana Aziz within seven days.
The court also issued notices to the Capital Development Authority (CDA) chairman, Islamabad chief commissioner and the interior secretary to appear before the bench in person during the next hearing on April 25.
When the court asked Aziz about his grievances, he replied that “the court was not taking suo motu notice to enforce Shariah in the Islamic state”. Although Chief Justice Chaudhry strictly asked him to confine himself to his grievance, Aziz continued his speech in court. The chief justice then asked him to present his argument, rather than making a speech. Aziz urged the court to take suo motu notice and direct the parliament to pass a bill imposing Shariah law in the country. Justice Khilji Arif Hussain observed that policymaking was not the court’s job, but that of the government.
But an adamant Aziz continued his denouncement of the government, ignoring at least two requests by the seemingly annoyed judges to wind up his Friday sermon-esque speech.
Aziz finally ended his speech by asked the chief justice to take “big” suo motu measures to enforce Shariah in the country, “otherwise Allah will take suo motu action against the system”, while positing that “Pakistan was created in the name of Islam, however we are still the slaves of foreign invaders, we are following the laws of infidels.” At this point the CJ thanked Aziz for his time, asked him to take a seat and to let the lawyers do the talking.
The court was informed that the Lal Masjid (red mosque) administration had been compensated. Recently, 2.5 acres (20 kanals) were allotted to Maulana Aziz for the reconstruction of Jamia Hafsa, parallel to International Islamic University in Sector H-11/4.
During the hearing, Aziz’s counsel Advocate Tariq Asad argued that in its 2007 verdict, the apex court had directed the federal government to pay salaries for the teachers at Jamia Fareedia, but the government did not act on the order. “The CDA is also creating a hindrance in the construction of Jamia Hafsa, against the orders of the Supreme Court,” Asad claimed.
Iftikhar Gilani, the counsel for Wafaqul Madaris, informed the court that despite the court’s orders, the Islamabad police did not initiate action against those who were responsible for the Lal Masjid operation. The court expressed concern when Gilani asked the court to direct the police to register FIRs against then-president and army chief Pervez Musharraf and the army’s 10 Corps commander at the time. The court did not approve of the speculative content of the argument.
Published in The Express Tribune, March 28th, 2012.

These maulvees have destroyed us. Thanks to them, we already have Taliban, who themselves are enforcement of Shariah.
i have one thing to say. "bhugtoo ye waqt Pakistanio!"

IMO - For every problem of Pakistan if you go into detail, you will find a Mullah sitting in routes. Not to mention we have clean shaved mullahs as well.:angry:

But why would Islamic state of Pakistan shy away from Sharia? I take it they probably don't want it right away and introduce it slowly, but isn't that the eventual goal? Why have an Islamic state if you don't want to live as per Islam???

But why would Islamic state of Pakistan shy away from Sharia? I take it they probably don't want it right away and introduce it slowly, but isn't that the eventual goal?
I agree, it should be. Shariah also states that religious minorities are equal and they can not be forced into anything. All in all, it would be better for everyone

But why would Islamic state of Pakistan shy away from Sharia? I take it they probably don't want it right away and introduce it slowly, but isn't that the eventual goal? Why have an Islamic state if you don't want to live as per Islam???

Simply because the Sharia they are talking about contradicts basics of Islam, That's it.

Ask these stupid Mullahs to become Muslim first than talk about Sharia Law, These ba$$tards mullahs was against creation of Pakistan.
Sir first of many many Mullahs were in favour of creation of Pakistan and secondly these Mullahs are Muslims but you don't like them because they don't tell you that Islam which you want to follow and as far as this massage to SC is concerned who ever do they should implement shariah soon or people will sooner or later rise and do it on their own

These maulvees have destroyed us. Thanks to them, we already have Taliban, who themselves are enforcement of Shariah.
i have one thing to say. "bhugtoo ye waqt Pakistanio!"
Sir these Molvis have protected Islam even during slavery of Britain and these Mullahs are the reason because of which Islam is fastest growing Religion in the world

Sir first of many many Mullahs were in favour of creation of Pakistan and secondly these Mullahs are Muslims but you don't like them because they don't tell you that Islam which you want to follow and as far as this massage to SC is concerned who ever do they should implement shariah soon or people will sooner or later rise and do it on their own

Sir these Molvis have protected Islam even during slavery of Britain and these Mullahs are the reason because of which Islam is fastest growing Religion in the world

Ok which sharia - Sunni, Salfi or Shia???

Can you implement one fundamental law of Islam - "Only God is there to Judge the belief, No human has right to pass this judgement?"

Ok which sharia - Sunni, Salfi or Shia???

Can you implement one fundamental law of Islam - "Only God is there to Judge the belief, No human has right to pass this judgement?"
Sir first GOD has told us how to implement shariah and secondly Shariat is almost same only few difference and those who don't implement ALLAH's law are kafirs and secondly ALLAH has told us clearly the duties and laws and those who don't follow are either traitors or enemies of Islam and finally you talk just like enemies of Islam Which shariat is their favourite question which they use to attack Islam through Quran and Sunnah judgement can be passed GOD told you the law and he asked you to implement it and also judge people on it

Lal Masjid Cleric is a source of Fitnah.
please look up the history in Arabia how the Caliphates dealt with such Mullahs

dont even go any further. check the recent history of Saudis in dealing with such people who used religion to cause chaos.
Pakistani population is so gullible that the Prophet Muhammad PBUH's Hadith doesnt apply to it

re Momin not being stung on the same pretext again and again
the more recent phrase is.

fool me once shame on you. fool me twice shame on me..

we cry a river over the deaths of the Lal masjid inhabitants during the operation but dont pay attention to who started it and how. and what about the death of the ranger at the hands of the students even before the army operation. after fanning the flames of chaos, the same Cleric tried to escape in a Burka but was caught like a rat. he is the same person who declared that the dead bodies of army and policemen killed at the hands of taliban didnt deserve an Islamic burial.

now he has the cheek to talk about sharia for Pakistan.

instigates Fitnah
leaves his brother to fight the army
and tries to run in a Burka

if he had done this i Saudia, his name would have been forgotten for a long tiem.

Lal Masjid Cleric is a source of Fitnah.
please look up the history in Arabia how the Caliphates dealt with such Mullahs

dont even go any further. check the recent history of Saudis in dealing with such people who used religion to cause chaos.
Pakistani population is gullible that the Prophet Muhammad PBUH's Hadith doesnt apply to it

re Momin not being stung on the same pretext again and again
the more recent phrase is.

fool me once shame on you. fool me twice shame on me..

we cry a river over the deaths of the Lal masjid inhabitants during the operation but dont pay attention to who started it and how. and what about the death of the ranger at the hands of the students even before the army operation. after fanning the flames of chaos, the same Cleric tried to escape in a Burka but was caught like a rat. he is the same person who declared that the dead bodies of army and policemen killed at the hands of taliban didnt deserve an Islamic burial.

now he has the cheek to talk about sharia for Pakistan.

instigates Fitnah
leaves his brother to fight the army
and tries to run in a Burka

if he had done this i Saudia, his name would have been forgotten for a long tiem.
MR PROPHET SAW hadees is applicable every where first thing and is SC will not go for shariah that one day people will and they will not be good with those who will try to stop it and LAL MASJID didn't caused Fitnah it was Musharraf who proved to be the biggest fitnah for Pakistan and Sir whole world knows our Army started war against Tribals on American orders and read Islam than tell me what it says about those Muslims who attack other Muslims on order from Kafirs

Sir first GOD has told us how to implement shariah and secondly Shariat is almost same only few difference and those who don't implement ALLAH's law are kafirs and secondly ALLAH has told us clearly the duties and laws and those who don't follow are either traitors or enemies of Islam and finally you talk just like enemies of Islam Which shariat is their favourite question which they use to attack Islam through Quran and Sunnah judgement can be passed GOD told you the law and he asked you to implement it and also judge people on it

Nice speech, but Quran is not a book of law, And all sects have different interpretations of Ahadeth.

Nice speech, but Quran is not a book of law, And all sects have different interpretations of Ahadeth.

Both Quran and Hadith are sources of Shariah.

it is in fact a reference.

there are Mohkim and mohmil Ayaat. first being absolute and clear second open to interpretation.

Quran is called book of guidance so it is a law.

your argument about difference in interpretation is valid based on different schools of Islam but the very basics are the same. the fundamentals are the same there is no confusion.
only Fiqh part takes care of the grey parts but that too based on hadith and other clear Quranic verses.
you cant just pick up something that totally negates the Islamic fundamentals and justify it as a different school interpretation.

we must really steer clear of this discussion because it will take us away from the subject and bring us in the no go area of
your school of thought sucks because I follow a different school leading to Kufer fatwas and then blaming the Zionists, RAW, ISI and Shezan.

Back
Top Bottom