What's new

Lal Masjid cleric’s interview in burqa still a mystery

Pakistan was formed on the basis of Islam, meaning of Pakistan is La Ilaha Illallah...
So our leader sold the soul and believe of country, used our resources against our own people, dollar made from putting country into disarray and after all mess up disappeared from country
So one should remember that it was musharafs bad policies Pakistan is into crisis, he armed MQM and releases all their criminals, killed akbr bugti and created new war in Baluchistan so he must be brought into justice
We say we are followers of Imam Abo Hanifa, iMam Malik, Imam Shafi etc. so what reward they got from their rulers, each of them was punished by their rulers, similarly Lal Masjid Khatib raised voice and issue politically and he was offered bribed which he refusesd, he was threatened which never stopped him speaking truth and he sacrified everything all his family
Dude you are one messed up guy
Now as you said you believe in Imams, and your Ameer of Lal Masjid, so you are such a diehard follower and believer, then people like you ran away from the mosque, why not fight alon your ameer with the infidel army? Why ran away, i thought jihad was at the top?

If i ever get a chance i woould love to put a bullet through these mullahs head.....mullahs these days have been seen in most expensive vehicle like land cruiser, care to explain how they got that?

Why this burqa molvi still alive is a big mystery-

Pakistan was formed on the basis of Islam, meaning of Pakistan is La Ilaha Illallah...
So our leader sold the soul and believe of country, used our resources against our own people, dollar made from putting country into disarray and after all mess up disappeared from country
So one should remember that it was musharafs bad policies Pakistan is into crisis, he armed MQM and releases all their criminals, killed akbr bugti and created new war in Baluchistan so he must be brought into justice
We say we are followers of Imam Abo Hanifa, iMam Malik, Imam Shafi etc. so what reward they got from their rulers, each of them was punished by their rulers, similarly Lal Masjid Khatib raised voice and issue politically and he was offered bribed which he refusesd, he was threatened which never stopped him speaking truth and he sacrified everything all his family

Honourable Sir, please enlighten us where do the great Imams that you so blatantly named give permission to:

1.To store unlicensed arms inside the mosque.

2. Illegally occupy Gov’t buildings such as Children’s library by the students of Jamia Hafsa.

3.Turn a place of worship into an armed camp and refuse to come out peacefully despite all the pleas.

4.No one stopped or hinder any of the Lal Masjid thugs in offering prayers, reading the holy Quran or observing the Ramadan fasts? On what basis did Lal Masjid thugs resist Pakistan Army soldiers when they were trying to enforce writ of the state?

5.Unlicensed arms were found with Mullah Aziz previously but the case was dropped thru intercession of Ijaz ul Haq (son of the bigot Zia). Do the Imams gives permission to engage in activities declared criminal under the penal code?

No doubt Pakistan was created for the Muslims of the subcontinent, but have you forgotten that Sheikh- ul- Hind Mualana Madani of Deoband and all of Jamiat Ulema e Hind (except Maulana Shabbir Ahmed Usmani & Mufti Mohammed Shafi) were against the partition of India. Maulana Maudoodi even labelled Quaide Azam as Kafir Azam.

Mulla Aziz was never offered bribe; instead it was he who threatened the state with the unleashing of scores of suicide bombers if the mosque was attacked. In case you are not aware suicide is clearly forbidden in Quran.

Sir, how dare you compare burqa clad terrorist with the great Imam Abu Hanifa, who suffered prison but never took up arms against the state. You would be comparing Mullah Aziz with one of the Rashideen next.

People who are blinded by their love of Taliban killers always try to hide behind Islam; this is exploitation of a peaceful religion with mala fide intentions. When members of this forum start doing the same implies Pakistan that my father’s generation struggled for and all the sacrifices they made for (I don’t include anti Pakistani JI or JUI followers) is doomed.

This whole case is a life insurance to all of anti-musharaf supporterS who hve been treated rightly by musharaf?
Sold media,croupt politicians,croupt CJ & his PCO adalia,& fame greedy mullahs?
All of them on one page,& you can see the result ?
Destruction of pakistan on the name of damocrazy, free media, croupt Cj, & blackmailing mullas ???
That's what we all wanted when we Were opposing musharaf,s rule?
Its the dam truth we should remEmber as a failing nation?

ISLAMABAD, Feb 8: Maulana Abdul Aziz removing his veil of his burqa on the state run PTV remains the defining image of the Lal Masjid crisis of 2007.

But nearly six years later, it is still not clear whose brainwave led to this spectacle. Both the federal secretary of information and the man managing PTV have little idea whose idea this was.

The Lal Masjid Commission grappled with the mystery on Friday in Islamabad.

A conflict between the Musharraf regime and the Lal Masjid administration provided a basis for the operation which started on July 3 and lasted till July 11, 2007.

The clampdown claimed lives of 103 persons, including 10 army personnel and one Ranger.

Maulana Aziz, the Khateeb of Lal Masjid, who was also the principal of Jamia Faridia was arrested by the law enforcement agencies on July 4, 2007 a day after the forces launched the operation.

Aziz who was ‘caught’ slipping out of the mosque in a burqa was presented on PTV on July 4, 2007.

The one man commission of Justice Shehzado Sheikh of Federal Shariat Court (FSC), however, remained firm that the issue was an important one as he felt that the orchestrated manoeuvre worsened an already tense situation.

The judge pointed out that the government had announced a general pardon and Rs5,000 cash reward for the embattled students of Lal Masjid who were willing to come out and surrender.

But once Aziz was ‘humiliated’ thus in the ‘drama on television, his infuriated followers stayed put and died in the subsequent operation.

Initially he was shown wearing burqa, the veil of which he then threw back from his face and the interview began.

Justice Sheikh began by asking MD PTV Mirza Yousaf Baig why he allowed the interview at that critical time.

Mr Baig surprised the judge as well as others when he said, “I never ordered the airing of the interview,” adding that “I had expressed my reservations to then secretary information and told him that the interview would have serious implications.”

However, Baig added that “the secretary information asked me to air the interview and I passed on the instructions to the chief coordinator of the television.”

He further revealed that he had no idea that Aziz would be interviewed while wearing the ‘burqa’, claiming that he found out about the ‘disguise’ once the interview had been recorded.

Mr Baig informed the court that the decision had been taken “elsewhere”.

However, when the commission turned to then secretary information Anwar Mehmood, his answers were not any more enlightening. He said, “I was asked to telecast the interview”.

Later when asked to explain what he meant, Mr Mehmood told Dawn, “After the arrest of Maulana Aziz, I received a call from an unknown number and the caller asked me to record and air the interview of the cleric.”

When asked whether he tried to verify the identity of ‘unknown caller’, he replied “no because I was not in a position to trace the caller.”

Recording his testimony before the commission, then federal minister for interior Aftab Ahmed Khan Sherpao also said that timing of the interview was terrible.

He, however, added that when the military started the operation, he was not in Pakistan, adding that the interior ministry had nothing to do with the operation though it tried to settle the issue peacefully.

He said that after the operation Maulana Aziz was not sent to Adiala Jail but was kept in house arrest along with his family members in a rest house near Simly Dam.

President Gen (retired) Pervez Musharraf and then prime minister Shaukat Aziz had been summoned to appear before the commission on Friday, but both of them remained absent.

Lal Masjid cleric

Taking his interview in Burqa made sure this issue doesn't get solved peacefully that is the main reason his brother got really pissed off and his brother have always been the brave one and had fought in different areas Bosnia and also some other areas and this issue resulted in thousands and thousands of suicide bombing in Pakistan and peace still far away

Lal Masjid was filled with both foreign & local terrorists but mostly foreign terrorists & these two douchebag brothers were one of the tools of the enemy of Pakistan.

This whole case is a life insurance to all of anti-musharaf supporterS who hve been treated rightly by musharaf?
Sold media,croupt politicians,croupt CJ & his PCO adalia,& fame greedy mullahs?
All of them on one page,& you can see the result ?
Destruction of pakistan on the name of damocrazy, free media, croupt Cj, & blackmailing mullas ???
That's what we all wanted when we Were opposing musharaf,s rule?
Its the dam truth we should remEmber as a failing nation?

Bats you have said it all man.

So many good natured posters make $tupid remarks based on some "chalta maal" 5 grade sarkari school history book.

My dear poster,

Just ask a simple question. If Pakistan was made on religious grounds then why 99.999999% of Mullahs at that time were deathly against it, these Mullah Tullahs declared Pakistan's founder Jinnah as Kafir and a Hindu-agent, and one Mullah party actually tried to assassinate Jinnah.

Just read a bit more than 5th grade books please and then post. Otherwise it is just childish discussion.

Thank you

Misinformation and insensitivity is amazing.

Do you really not have an idea about the religious divisions on the issue of Pakistan? Who made you a think tank buddy?

Brelvis were all for Pakistan. Deobandis were divided with the much larger section being anti-Pakistan on theological grounds. Nationalism afterall was an alien concept among Muslims before 20th century. But Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi and his followers were die-hard supporters of Pakistan. Maulana Hussain Ahmad Madni, the acknowledged elder of Deoband school had known that Pakistan was inevitable, but he had his reasons. I am not going to delve into a debate over this but I would simply point to the value of this opposition for Muslims who stayed back in India.

I would like to ask you to do some research on how come our Quaid came to be known as Quaid-e-Azam: Hint - it was a molvi :)

The level of prejudice and rhetoric against anyone displaying even a shred of sympathy for people who wish for Islamic way of life is unbelievable. Why do you choose to ignore that Pakistan was 'sold' to the masses on 'Pakistan ka Matlab kya? La Ilaha Illahllah'. Had this not been done, Pakistan would not have come into existence. My grand father worked for Paksitan movement under this premise. Had the good man known how kids would one day bash his inspiration while enjoying the benefits of his hard work, he might have decided to stay put in his home in Chak Bamu.

Anyone who discounts the link between Islam and Pakistan is telling a lie. Pure and simple.

Why is judiciary freeing the TTP terrorists and Zardari negotiating with TTP? Why is puppet regime of Afghanistan, pushing Zardari to do so?

SOB is non other than the ruling tribe of Pakistan.

This Lal masjid episode is not as straight forward as it is portrayed by Musharraf-supporters.

Anyone who wishes to discuss this issue needs to first learn the facts. They may begin by starting form here:

Hamid Mir - kalam kaman - lal masjid ka muqadma - Jang Columns

This episode could have been avoided a number of ways. But Musharraf HAD to make himself seem indispensible to his masters. Had this issue been difused properly, there would not have been such a massive backlash. All the liberals and Musharraf supporters would debate the 'sanctity' of this operation to absurd lengths. Would they ever consider the fact that it is the responsibility of the state to protect life and not take it?

Why this burqa molvi still alive is a big mystery-

Dr.TuQ have proved that judiciary is protecting anti state elements by overlooking constitution.

Bring down Ifitkhar Chodrry, and his supporters, you shall prevail.

Misinformation and insensitivity is amazing.

Do you really not have an idea about the religious divisions on the issue of Pakistan? Who made you a think tank buddy?

Brelvis were all for Pakistan. Deobandis were divided with the much larger section being anti-Pakistan on theological grounds. Nationalism afterall was an alien concept among Muslims before 20th century. But Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi and his followers were die-hard supporters of Pakistan. Maulana Hussain Ahmad Madni, the acknowledged elder of Deoband school had known that Pakistan was inevitable, but he had his reasons. I am not going to delve into a debate over this but I would simply point to the value of this opposition for Muslims who stayed back in India.

I would like to ask you to do some research on how come our Quaid came to be known as Quaid-e-Azam: Hint - it was a molvi :)

The level of prejudice and rhetoric against anyone displaying even a shred of sympathy for people who wish for Islamic way of life is unbelievable. Why do you choose to ignore that Pakistan was 'sold' to the masses on 'Pakistan ka Matlab kya? La Ilaha Illahllah'. Had this not been done, Pakistan would not have come into existence. My grand father worked for Paksitan movement under this premise. Had the good man known how kids would one day bash his inspiration while enjoying the benefits of his hard work, he might have decided to stay put in his home in Chak Bamu.

Anyone who discounts the link between Islam and Pakistan is telling a lie. Pure and simple.

Hon Sir,

You are historically correct. Braelvis & Shias were with the Quaid and the Muslim League. Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanvi was an exception among the Deobandi scholars; despite being an exceptional student of the Dar ul Uloom Deoband, he was also a Sufi of the Chistiya order and established a Khanqah at Thana Bhawan, Muzzafarnagr. This is something that goes against the grain of the Deobandi and Wahhabi thinking which is anti Sufi philosophy and anti veneration of the Saints. I have heard that his grave was levelled a few years ago, probably by some Deobandi zealots.

Even though Hazarat Mualana Thanvi is not known to have attended the Muslim separation movement meetings, his disciples Maulana Shabbir Ahmed Usmani and Mufti Mohammed Shafi Umani were closely associated with the Muslim League and the Pakistan movement.

I would be intellectually dishonest if I don’t admit that quite a few of the arguments presented by Maulana Madani and predictions by Maulana Azad against the partition have proven true over time. However I believe that this has happened because of the disassoction of Deobandi Ulemas and Maulana Azad from Muslim League.

IMHO Pakistan lost a few majority Muslim areas because of opposition from the Muslim politicians towing the Deobandi Ulema line. Additionally as a result many Islamic scholars chose to remain in India; Pakistan was left with uneducated Mullahs.

Remember Maulana Madani or Maulana Abul Kalam Azad never supported or preached target killing of Shias or suicide bombings. Now we have intellectually bankrupt leaders such as Munnawar Hassan who refused to condemn TTP or suicide bombers despite a clear Quranic verse which says ‘Don’t kill yourselves’ and he is head of the Jamaat Islami!

History is written every day. Look in present and truth is Illuminati Khan use to be the biggest critique of lal Masjid operation.

Who ever idea was it - a brilliant move indeed.
Why is this terrorist still on the free and having a protection of the law? He must have been tried under ATC and hanged!

I believe that we should adopt Saudi style justice, and make an example of some terrorists so that everybody knows that the state will not tolerate it.

Hang some folks in public squares and propagate this story...

I believe that we should adopt Saudi style justice, and make an example of some terrorists so that everybody knows that the state will not tolerate it.

Hang some folks in public squares and propagate this story...

Agreed but who is going to 'Bell' the cat.

Back
Top Bottom