What's new

Lahore is 'Paris of Pakistan,' tweets William Hague

r27u6f.jpg

this is pictures of mandi bhao deen :D

Beta, Sheikh ki book parh (My vision)...

Sheikh of Dubai wrote that he will make Dubai the greatest city of the 21st century human civilization! And according to him, current Dubai is only 10% of his perceived vision of Dubai :D ...

Agay agay dekh hota kya hai..

Just one example : Dubai is currently building the biggest theme park of the world in which live-size replicas of 7 wonders of planet would be there (including Taj Mahal, Egyptian Paramids, Eiffel tower etc)...and much more in that theme park...or ye sirf aik project hai..lol

Beta, Sheikh ki book parh (My vision)...

Sheikh of Dubai wrote that he will make Dubai the greatest city of the 21st century human civilization! And according to him, current Dubai is only 10% of his perceived vision of Dubai :D ...

Agay agay dekh hota kya hai..

Just one example : Dubai is currently building the biggest theme park of the world in which live-size replicas of 7 wonders of planet would be there (including Taj Mahal, Egyptian Paramids, Eiffel tower etc)...and much more in that theme park...or ye sirf aik project hai..lol

it resembles mani bhao deen though :laughcry:

Again, what a lot people? lol...

Paris is just hype...nothing big...

Only city with any potential to be called as the world cultural capital is Dubai...May be Dubai of 2030-35 could be called as "the cultural capital of planet" ...not sure...but paris? Meh..

Am guessing you have never been to Dubai? Building skyscrapers doesn't make you the cultural capital of the world.

it resembles mani bhao deen though :laughcry:

Yeah...Dubai is UAE's mandi bhao deen...just like Lahore is Pakistan's paris :laughcry:

Am guessing you have never been to Dubai? Building skyscrapers doesn't make you the cultural capital of the world.

Stop being ridiculous.

Did I say Dubai is cultural capital of world? I said that the only city with potential of earning such title is Dubai, and that too, may be in 2035 etc..

Yeah...Dubai is UAE's mandi bhao deen...just like Lahore is Pakistan's paris :laughcry:

Stop being ridiculous.

Did I say Dubai is cultural capital of world? I said that the only city with potential of earning such title is Dubai, and that too, may be in 2035 etc..

It will have stiff competition from HK, Seoul, Tokyo, Shanghai. Lets see what happens. The Asians have the know how how to self sustain and actually build their own stuff. So I give them higher points.

China

Just came across this new Chinese hotel.

Stop being ridiculous.

You can't "build" culture in 15-20 years, you can't build culture in any number of years. I don't know about you but theme parks is not culture for me.

Anyways we are way off topic here, my point was that Paris is considered as one of the cultural centers of the world (happy?), hence the comparison with Lahore which is easily the cultural nerve center of Pakistan.

It will have stiff competition from HK, Seoul, Tokyo, Shanghai. Lets see what happens. The Asians have the know how how to self sustain and actually build their own stuff. So I give them higher points.

Not really...

Dubai is kinda like "city-state" and this is decisive advantage of Dubai over other cities. In Dubai, Sheikh has the money and the will...he orders "Make me this astonishing project!" and boom its done! In other cities, it can never happen like that since so much bureaucracy...tax-payers money issue, environmentalists crying and so on...

Also, out of all the cities you mentioned..only Shanghai comes close to Dubai...Others? Meh. No doubt others are very advance too...but they don't have potential to grow at the speed of Dubai...

Lastly, guess what construction company built Burj Khalifah?

You can't "build" culture in 15-20 years, you can't build culture in any number of years. I don't know about you but theme parks is not culture for me.

Anyways we are way off topic here, my point was that Paris is considered as one of the cultural centers of the world (happy?), hence the comparison with Lahore which is easily the cultural nerve center of Pakistan.

They don't need to "build" culture..they already HAVE a "culture" and that is getting richer and other culture moves in....anyways....

Not really...

Dubai is kinda like "city-state" and this is decisive advantage of Dubai over other cities. In Dubai, Sheikh has the money and the will...he orders "Make me this astonishing project!" and boom its done! In other cities, it can never happen like that since so much bureaucracy...tax-payers money issue, environmentalists crying and so on...

Also, out of all the cities you mentioned..only Shanghai comes close to Dubai...Others? Meh. No doubt others are very advance too...but they don't have potential to grow at the speed of Dubai...

Lastly, guess what construction company built Burj Khalifah?
main architect Adrian Smith at SOM
Developer Emaar Properties[3]
Structural engineer Bill Baker at SOM[6]
Main contractor Samsung Engineering and Construction Company, Besix and Arabtec
Supervision Consultant Engineer & Architect of Record Hyder Consulting
Construction Project Manager Turner Construction
Grocon[7]
Planning Bauer AG and Middle East Foundations[7]
Lift contractor Otis[7]
VT consultant Lerch Bates[7]

from wiki. Those are not Arabs.

Secondly, cities ranked by infrastructure: Singapore tops.

10 Cities With The Best Infrastructures - Business Insider

I would guess most of the laborours would be Pakistani's and Indians too.

main architect Adrian Smith at SOM
Developer Emaar Properties[3]
Structural engineer Bill Baker at SOM[6]
Main contractor Samsung Engineering and Construction Company, Besix and Arabtec
Supervision Consultant Engineer & Architect of Record Hyder Consulting
Construction Project Manager Turner Construction
Grocon[7]
Planning Bauer AG and Middle East Foundations[7]
Lift contractor Otis[7]
VT consultant Lerch Bates[7]

from wiki. Those are not Arabs.

Secondly, cities ranked by infrastructure: Singapore tops.

10 Cities With The Best Infrastructures - Business Insider

I would guess most of the laborours would be Pakistani's and Indians too.

Developer Emaar Properties...

An Arab construction company...

Adrian Smith designed buildings even in China for Chinese..big deal? Microsoft has tons of Koreans, Indians, Pakistanis, Israelis, Europeans, Chinese, Japanese etc working for them..big deal?

We live in a global village..its not that big of a deal...

Emaar properties are also the master developer of King Abdullah Economic City...

So you implying that somehow Arabs don't have the know how to 'self-sustain' and build their own stuff was not every precise.

Though Chinese/Japanese are ahead of Arabs in engineering...

And yes, most workers working in Dubai are from Subcontinent...

Developer Emaar Properties...

An Arab construction company...

Adrian Smith designed buildings even in China for Chinese..big deal? Microsoft has tons of Koreans, Indians, Pakistanis, Israelis, Europeans, Chinese, Japanese etc working for them..big deal?

We live in a global village..its not that big of a deal...

Emaar properties are also the master developer of King Abdullah Economic City...

So you implying that somehow Arabs don't have the know how to 'self-sustain' and build their own stuff was not every precise.

Though Chinese/Japanese are ahead of Arabs in engineering...

And yes, most workers working in Dubai are from Subcontinent...

Most of those Chinese, Indians working for MS are Americans by citizenship. UAE has no such rule, therefore there is a difference.

They don't need to "build" culture..they already HAVE a "culture" and that is getting richer and other culture moves in....anyways....

Dubai is an important city in terms of finance (self-proclaimed), trade and export (rather re-export) and tourism. But Dubai can not be associated with culture.

-- RazorMC

Wow some people are trying to disregard Lahore without even reading properly. It says Paris of Pakistan, not Paris of Asia or something. Paris is a city and Pakistan is a country so it's basically saying Lahore is like the most cultural beauty of Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom