What's new

Lahore is 'Paris of Pakistan,' tweets William Hague

3228050336_9830f74582_z.jpg

bird view of Paris :lol: :omghaha:

n dis Paris doesnt evn seem to hav any place for car parkin
smileys-smiley-with-sign-784150.gif

n dis Paris doesnt evn seem to hav any place for car parkin
smileys-smiley-with-sign-784150.gif

this bird view is of far fetched outskirts of Lahore wall city. which essentially means that this is managed/developed by LDA/Corporation.

Is this what we call city management? I cannot help myself but how can even people live in these boxes? even the drains are not covered and its 21st century and some mindless freaks call it Paris, get a life losers !! :sick:

Now a days,,, In rainy seasons, Lahore has become "VENICE OF PAKISTAN"

And Raiwind is the Versailles of south Asia :omghaha:

this bird view is of far fetched outskirts of Lahore wall city. which essentially means that this is managed/developed by LDA/Corporation.

Is this what we call city management? I cannot help myself but how can even people live in these boxes? even the drains are not covered and its 21st century and some mindless freaks call it Paris, get a life losers !! :sick:

And Raiwind is the Versailles of south Asia :omghaha:

no its da royal palace of England wid only Bald kings n prince:lol:

I am mystified. Why would any one try to belittle Lahore? Sure it has its faults and problems, but why are our compatriots high-lighting those? What could be their motivation? It is easy to say 'jealousy', but that would be too easy and superficial. It probably is something deeper than that.

Oh, well. In any case, for me the best thing about Lahore is its people. I can tell a Lahori anywhere in the world.

Many cities in the world have an atmosphere. Very few have character. Lahore has Character. Beat that!

He said Paris of Pakistan. Basically referring to Lahore being a cultural hub of Pakistan. This doesn't mean he's comparing the city to Paris or anything.

Still, the statement is not wrong. Lahore's delicacies and ancient architecture are beautiful representation of Pakistani heritage.
[This coming from a Karachiite like me.]

no its da royal palace of England wid only Bald kings n prince:lol:

ah this disgusts when their faces cross my head, yack !

He said Paris of Pakistan. Basically referring to Lahore being a cultural hub of Pakistan. This doesn't mean he's comparing the city to Paris or anything.

Still, the statement is not wrong. Lahore's delicacies and ancient architecture are beautiful representation of Pakistani heritage.
[This coming from a Karachiite like me.]

he said what he said after meeting the clown shebaz sharif, which was obvious to please the nonsensical claim or maybe he gave himself a good laugh after saying so or like someone said he hates Paris this much :omghaha:

My all dear PDF members.

Dont fall into their traps. This is called basic flattering.

As now we r going away from west so they r now trying these things to soften us.

@Fatman 17

Last edited by a moderator:
If we revive our economy, if we overcome the issue of power shortages, if we successfully deal with the terrorism phenomena (and i honestly feel really positive about it ) in next 5 years, perhaps we shall witness that buttering policy a lot more than usual....:cheesy::cheesy:

Well all I can say is, I haven't seen a better city outside Europe than Lahore.

When I was visiting Lahore as a tourist for one day couple of months ago (I have however been to Lahore for countless times but mostly about some sort of work). I kept on reiterating that it is much more beautiful than Rome as I thought it shared few similarities with Rome (The area around Shahi Qila, Badshahi Mosque etc).

I don't think I have seen better castle than Shahi Qila or Mosque like the Badshahi Mosque anywhere in the world. But when you go around poor areas of Lahore, you hardly compare it any any third world country.

My fathers family hails from Andron Shehr of Lahore and for me it has the same feeling as the old parts of towns of Mediterranean countries. I have been to Barcelona and Istanbul and both of their "old parts" reminded me of andron shehr, similar "tang galiyan", beautiful architecture to be seen every now and then, a mixture of smells both good and bad and so forth.

My fathers family hails from Andron Shehr of Lahore and for me it has the same feeling as the old parts of towns of Mediterranean countries. I have been to Barcelona and Istanbul and both of their "old parts" reminded me of andron shehr, similar "tang galiyan", beautiful architecture to be seen every now and then, a mixture of smells both good and bad and so forth.

Trust me when I was travelling around Lahore and visiting attraction... I was ready to give oath that Lahore resembled so much with Rome abd Barcelona....

Same those tang galiyan and beautiful architecture all around. Those who lives in Lahore does not pay due respect to this city just like we say ghar ki murghi daal barabar.

Back
Top Bottom