What's new

Kudankulam Nuclear plant safe: Kalam

05kooda03.jpg

This attention seeker guy is behind all these issues.. :hang2:

who cares about the area.
The villagers are protesting because many villagers are asked to vacate and also no more fishing there which by the way is the livelihood of majority of the people there.
so please stop debating with little or no info on ground reality.
Genius, more area taken up for the plant means more villages being asked to migrate!

The main fishing communities are nt from there. The main fishing communities are from Tutur in that area , which is in kanyakumari district.

India has a vast coast line . In order to get developed sometimes , sometimes "some" villages has to be relocated.

The ocean is vast and they need not fish always near the plant. They can choose a very vast coast line.

Dude that is my native i know better than a malayali.
Kuthenkuli, Ovari, Kuttenpuli, Manapad, Verapandiapatanam etc etc are few of the many fishing folks there.
Who are the Paravans(fishing Caste) there!!!!!!
Fernando, Mascarnas, Ryans!!!!!!!!!
The ocean is vast and they need not fish always near the plant. They can choose a very vast coast line.

you know anything about fishing????
They use fibre boats tell how much deep into the ocean they can get with that???????

who cares about the area.
The villagers are protesting because many villagers are asked to vacate and also no more fishing there which by the way is the livelihood of majority of the people there.
so please stop debating with little or no info on ground reality.

Who cares about the area? Man do you even know anything about Environmental effects on the growth of plants because of thermal plants? Do you know how much damage happens to the environment....Dude our state dosent have water. That is the major problem we need to use as much resources as possible to actually get energy. Just answer me...if Marakanam is there why not the Kanyakumari port there?

Why it this guy's post being tagged as original post by me???

05kooda03.jpg

This attention seeker guy is behind all these issues.. :hang2:

he joined recently.
Listen don't comment on info that you don't know.

---------- Post added at 10:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

Who cares about the area? Man do you even know anything about Environmental effects on the growth of plants because of thermal plants? Do you know how much damage happens to the environment....Dude our state dosent have water. That is the major problem we need to use as much resources as possible to actually get energy. Just answer me...if Marakanam is there why not the Kanyakumari port there?

the issue is about Nuclear plant threatening the livelihood of those people shall we stick to that.

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:13 AM ----------

Genius, more area taken up for the plant means more villages being asked to migrate!

Genius villagers asked to migrate because of security reason.

Kuthenkuli, Ovari, Kuttenpuli, Manapad, Verapandiapatanam etc etc are few of the many fishing folks there.

They use fibre boats tell how much deep into the ocean they can get with that???????

And do you have the slightest idea why the protests are going on? Because the nuclear safety inspection report was not made public because of sensitive information not getting leaked. And above all the VVER has a passive cooling system in Koodankulam so the fishing folk dont get affected.

VVER - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the issue is about Nuclear plant threatening the livelihood of those people shall we stick to that.

The point still stands. Thermal power plant/Wind power plant = more livelihood lost, environmental damage, vvillages asked to migrate
Nuclear Powerplant = A single community loses livelihood but given sufficient renumeration and relocation

No powerplant = people like you are happy while the fishermen merrily go fishing and come back to dark houses with no electricity or utilities

Glad to hear that. If there was a thermal power plant commissioned nearby those same cultivations would be covered with soot. If there were a river nearby that was dammed for a thermal plant bye bye 5 acres, same with the case with the wind mills.
Not the case with the Nuclear power plant.
I know this for a fact as my ancestral village in Mangalore which is about 30 kms away from the Nagarjuna thermal plant being setup will dissapear under water shortly. The same would not have happened had a nuclear power plant being commisioned.
Not to mention my practical experience of walking around Mundra.
And fishermen in Mumbai still go fishing despite the BARC power plant there. They had to change their fishing location, big deal!

if your livelihood depends on that!!!!!!!

Looks like people here are worried about electricity than the livelihood of fellow countrymen!!!!!
Unless the problem is not solved no way the plant will go on.
You have no idea about those people.

so we can talk about thermal, wind etc etc but the ground reality is far from your perception.

Looks like people here are worried about electricity than the livelihood of fellow countrymen!!!!!

so we can talk about thermal, wind etc etc but the ground reality is far from your perception.

You are absolutely right about my priorities.
Need of the country (electricity) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>Need of a few (fisher men)

yup i do know about fishing , And i do know about how farther a fibre boat can go.

As far as i know there are only a few villages nearby the plant that needs rehabilitation not the ones you have mentioned.

Koodankulam - Google Maps

The point still stands. Thermal power plant/Wind power plant = more livelihood lost, environmental damage, vvillages asked to migrate
Nuclear Powerplant = A single community loses livelihood but given sufficient renumeration and relocation

No powerplant = people like you are happy while the fishermen merrily go fishing and come back to dark houses with no electricity or utilities

as i said there are lakhs and lakhs of wind mill there so no power issue there.
Unless their grievances are not met no way the plant will start.

Electricity is important...more important to a larger group of people. To many who even go fishing out there. To run the hospitals that takes care of their health, to help their children study, to make sure that they can actually live a good life. This is not the 18th century AD.

---------- Post added at 05:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:20 AM ----------

So why the Load shedding for an hour in cities and 2 hours in the state?

Lakhs of windmills in TN=6007 MW
1 powerplant in Kudankulam = 2 GW of electric power

yup i do know about fishing , And i do know about how farther a fibre boat can go.

As far as i know there are only a few villages nearby the plant that needs rehabilitation not the ones you have mentioned.

Koodankulam - Google Maps

the ones that i have mentioned and many others will lose their livelihood because of the plant so please don't show me the map.
Besides many malayalis are buying lands near those area.
Will let my people know how our malayali neighbours view our struggle:tup:

---------- Post added at 10:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

Lakhs of windmills in TN=6007 MW
1 powerplant in Kudankulam = 2 GW of electric power

but fisherfolks don't lose their livelihood due to windmills.
Besides all the best explaining this to the Fisherfolks there:tup:

Back
Top Bottom