What's new

KSA humanitarian aid to Pakistan

I admire and respect your sentiments, but this should have been refused by Pakistan but our bagger corrupt rulers dont know how to say NO to free stuff, most of it will be sold in open market by them

Well, lets just refrain from politicizing the issue this time please. I do understand the outrage by some Pakistani members in here regarding their leaders,and I also do understand that quite few Pakistanis are a bit frustrated by some of the actions taking by my country; without investigating the issue entirely. However, I'm not going to wait for the Pakistani leaders to accept or decline my offer, with all due respect I'm not France; offering my help upon request.

I also would like to point out another things you said. We , Saudis , don't hand these goods to the Government ,but to the people. Now, the RSAF along with FF veterans are going to Pakistan to give each and every needy person. We have been doing it all over the years to our friends. In other word, I could careless about the Government sentiment in this regard.

Peace

They have a longer shelf life and are a high source of nutrition when coupled with milk. They will be distributed in Balochistan province's quake affected areas. Saudi dates,are awesome anyway.. I love ajwas. :coffee:

Thanks to our Saudi brothers. Food supplies can be provided locally,what we really need is medical supplies/S&R.

World Map - Top Ten Date Fruit Producing Countries

world-top-ten-date-producing-countries-map.jpg

Interesting. We have never seen Pakistani dates in the market.

The data is a bit outdated. Today Egypt still produces most but KSA is right behind. At least this is what the data indicated back in 2009. Anyway dates are in abundance in KSA and date production in current day Eastern Province has been traced as far back as 10.000 years. Dates are probably indigenous to KSA. There are more than 300 different date types in KSA though.

Dates & Palm Trees - Saudi Arabia - Facts Types & Nutrition

I recalled which earthquake we donated to years back. It was the earthquake in Kashmir back in 2005.

In the aftermath of the 2005 Kashmir earthquake, Saudi Arabia donated over US$3.3 million, more than any other country,[9] and promised an additional $573 million, also the maximum amount of money pledged.[10] Saudi Arabia also provided 4000 pre-fabricated houses to Pakistan through the Saudi Public Assistance for Pakistan Earthquake Victims (SPAPEV). The houses, which were to be equipped with all required facilities, cost over $16.7 million.[11] The SPAPEV also distributed 230,000 blankets, 150,000 quilts, 10,000 ordinary tents, 2,500 special winterized water proof tents, 100,000 stoves, 100,000 food.[12]

In the aftermath of the 2010 Pakistan floods, Saudi Arabia has donated more than US $361.99 million for the relief operation, topping the list of all donating countries.[13] Saudi royal family donated $20 million on the first day whereas Saudi citizens donated more than $107 million were collected in the first three days.[14] Saudi Arabia started the largest air relief bridge in the history and also donated two hospital consisting of 100 beds.[15]

The data is a bit outdated. Today Egypt still produces most but KSA is right behind. At least this is what the data indicated back in 2009. Anyway dates are in abundance in KSA and date production in current day Eastern Province has been traced as far back as 10.000 years. Dates are probably indigenous to KSA. There are more than 300 different date types in KSA though.

Dates & Palm Trees - Saudi Arabia - Facts Types & Nutrition

I recalled which earthquake we donated to years back. It was the earthquake in Kashmir back in 2005.
well there is no doubt that Date Palm originated in middle east but I believe they planted Date Palm in Mesopotamia somewhere in southern part of Iraq

Is this a date thread..............

Pakistan should reciprocate for these valuable dates and show gratitude by shipping the Kingdom some of that high grade fertilizer Pakistanis are famous for.

Saudi help at times of need are always appreciated.
I am just ashamed that we even need this help.
Our corrupt leaders have brought us to our knees and yet there are still people in Pakistan who support them.
At times I just lose all hope for my people.

Worry not NS will make you proud :D

World Map - Top Ten Date Fruit Producing Countries

world-top-ten-date-producing-countries-map.jpg

Interesting. We have never seen Pakistani dates in the market.

Pakistan's Makran region, LasBela & Central Balochistan & even Karachi produce dates, it's always available in Pakistan along with Irani, Saudi-Arabian, Libyan & Algierian dates.

Nice move from KSA! Where is anti-Arab brigade now?? @BLACKEAGLE, any thoughts?

lol...if you ask me i'm pretty much neutral...calling a bad, bad & a good, good. In the end of the day all these countries Pakistan, KSA, Iran & Turkeye are brother countries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you KSA. I hope Pakistan pays you back in something else

Pakistan always pays back to her friends USA KSA and UAE, Its just that Its not a very dignified way to pay back

Back
Top Bottom