What's new

Kollywood --- Tamil Movie Industry

DRAM, Joekrish - There are dumb movies in different languages made in India - even for that matter in Malayalam which is one of the best industries in the business today - For that matter there are many movies in Hollywood which are much more dumber. If a person arrives at the conclusion by looking at couple of movies, there is no need to spend our energies to contradict his own fallacious argument.

Have you watched any Malayalam movie?
I am a keralite and we love other guys praising us :chilli:

Have you watched any Malayalam movie?
I am a keralite and we love other guys praising us :chilli:

Hahaha - studied in Coimbatore and got to see many Malayalam movies - Movies like Vandanam, Killukkam, No 20 Madras mail, His Highness Abdullah, Oru CBI daily Kurippu - Not sounding to be a Mohanlal fan but these are some of the movies which got me hooked up to the Malayalam movies - Bought few DVDs like Traffic but could not watch it without my Malayalam friends as they lack sub-titles - the major issue with the malayalam movies nowadays.

DRAM, Joekrish - There are dumb movies in different languages made in India - even for that matter in Malayalam which is one of the best industries in the business today - For that matter there are many movies in Hollywood which are much more dumber. If a person arrives at the conclusion by looking at couple of movies, there is no need to spend our energies to contradict his own fallacious argument.

I liked the movie subramanyapuram very much.
In Malayalam movie industry last decade was full of superstar crap. But when I saw this one I was like when this will happen to our industry. Now it is like my wish is coming true :yahoo:

For a dumb guy like you.:hitwall:

:omghaha:

I went through the link.

Roja (English: Rose) is a 1992 Hindi political drama, romance film directed by Yash Chopra. The film was subsequently dubbed in Tamil, Marathi, Malayalam and Telugu languages.

Hahaha - studied in Coimbatore and got to see many Malayalam movies - Movies like Vandanam, Killukkam, No 20 Madras mail, His Highness Abdullah, Oru CBI daily Kurippu - Not sounding to be a Mohanlal fan but these are some of the movies which got me hooked up to the Malayalam movies - Bought few DVDs like Traffic but could not watch it without my Malayalam friends as they lack sub-titles - the major issue with the malayalam movies nowadays.

Nice :enjoy:
Can please suggest realistic tamil movies. I slept watching Kanthaswamy :undecided:

I went through the link.

Roja (English: Rose) is a 1992 Hindi political drama, romance film directed by Yash Chopra. The film was subsequently dubbed in Tamil, Marathi, Malayalam and Telugu languages.

Mate you also covered 30 post barrier. You can come to your senses now :bunny:

Nice :enjoy:
Can please suggest realistic tamil movies. I slept watching Kanthaswamy :undecided:

hahaha - I did not see Kanthaswamy and also one more Vikram starrer - Thandavam - but watched engeyum eppothum for the romance and chennai 600028 is also good. My tamil movie knowledge is very outdated - atleast going back 2 years - the problem - how the movie rights are sold and so DVDs don't come out for nice movies except for the pirated ones. I think @joekrish can shed some light here.

Last edited by a moderator:
@DRAM, @sash an,

Have you guys watched Kumki?

Low budget movie but worth watching.
Kumki (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Missed both of them, will make it a point to watch it.Thank you. :)
By the way which part of Kerala are you from?

A list of must watch would help 2012- 2013. :)

Become a big fan of Fahadh Faasil so any new movies of his?

I don't watch all. But i ll make one with my knowledge

22 Female Kottayam
Grandmaster (Can't say everything is good in this one but mohanlal did a good job @Sashan do check it :cheers:)
Diamond Necklace (Really liked the character of tamil girl)
Ustad Hotel (Thilakan roccksss)
Thattathin Marayathu(Not sure about this one, if you are all romantic do watch)
Trivandrum Lodge (I found something cheesy but it is good to watch i guess)
Da Thadiya (Heard it is kind inspired one but i really liked it)
Annayum Rasoolum (Realism at its best in Malayalam movie)
Shutter
Papilio Buddha(heard it is good, not sure)
Amen (Masterpiece)
:cheers:

@DRAM, @sash an,

Have you guys watched Kumki?

Low budget movie but worth watching.
Kumki (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Missed both of them, will make it a point to watch it.Thank you. :)
By the way which part of Kerala are you from?

Ernakulam(Auto correction Ultra modern :cheesy:)
Where are you from thalaiva :D?

@DRAM

r u tamil too? threz a KERALA CORNER too here btw:P

I don't watch all. But i ll make one with my knowledge

22 Female Kottayam
Grandmaster (Can't say everything is good in this one but mohanlal did a good job @Sashan do check it :cheers:)
Diamond Necklace (Really liked the character of tamil girl)
Ustad Hotel (Thilakan roccksss)
Thattathin Marayathu(Not sure about this one, if you are all romantic do watch)
Trivandrum Lodge (I found something cheesy but it is good to watch i guess)
Da Thadiya (Heard it is kind inspired one but i really liked it)
Annayum Rasoolum (Realism at its best in Malayalam movie)
Shutter
Papilio Buddha(heard it is good, not sure)
Amen (Masterpiece)
:cheers:

Ernakulam(Auto correction Ultra modern :cheesy:)
Where are you from thalaiva :D?

It's complicated.:lol:

Born a malayali but brought up as a tamilian. :)

My fathers place is in Varkala and mothers is Ottapalam
But setteled in Chennai for the last three generations. :)

Does that spin your head.

Back
Top Bottom