What's new

King launches largest expansion of Prophet’s Mosque

Probably one of the reason Madina is so peaceful is because it has been very well planned thus it is not cramped for room.

I hope they can do a similar thing in Macca also.

The Haram needs to double or tripple in size.

Ramadan and last Hajj were absolute torture to be in Haram in Makkah. It was so congested that if someone as much as cough about 1000 people will get infected by the spray.

And countries have the audacity to complain this year when we didn't raise the Hajj qouta like every year. Wait for the constructions to finish THEN come ask for more.

Ramadan and last Hajj were absolute torture to be in Haram in Makkah. It was so congested that if someone as much as cough about 1000 people will get infected by the spray.

And countries have the audacity to complain this year when we didn't raise the Hajj qouta like every year. Wait for the constructions to finish THEN come ask for more.

Some times I wonder about the objective of the whole exercise ....
There is one black cube, and 7 rounds around it ... for a God who doesn't care if I do or don't ...

so what ?

and eventually I learn, the only probable objective is to teach patience and patience alone.
Loose your temper ONCE ... and it is all gone to waste.

The tougher the test, the more will be points rewarded ?
Or is the exercise tough to compensate for the more knowledgeable and more evolved man.

Some times I wonder about the objective of the whole exercise ....
There is one black cube, and 7 rounds around it ... for a God who doesn't care if I do or don't ...

so what ?

and eventually I learn, the only probable objective is to teach patience and patience alone.
Loose your temper ONCE ... and it is all gone to waste.

The tougher the test, the more will be points rewarded ?
Or is the exercise tough to compensate for the more knowledgeable and more evolved man.

All the people talking about how it should be tougher.... Come to the ER in Al-Noor Hospital or Al-Sharaffiyah Hospital and see the Trauma ward. Then say if you want it tougher or not. The Amount of Borken bones, deep cuts and bruises that come there during Hajj and Ramadan from stampedes is enough to make anyone sick to their stomach and curse at the government for allowing so many people to come and get hurt without proper infrastructure.

02062011704.jpg

jb13486001051.jpg

The images are different.

Although a extension is welcome, but I think that the access to Riaz-al-jannah and the old mosque will become even more difficult.

Looking at the images, looks like some major hotels like Hilton etc are going to be demolished. I thought they were of Saudi princes.

I think its a bad idea to change the Imam..

All the people talking about how it should be tougher.... Come to the ER in Al-Noor Hospital or Al-Sharaffiyah Hospital and see the Trauma ward. Then say if you want it tougher or not. The Amount of Borken bones, deep cuts and bruises that come there during Hajj and Ramadan from stampedes is enough to make anyone sick to their stomach and curse at the government for allowing so many people to come and get hurt without proper infrastructure.

How do the authorities deal with such problem?? are there ready ambulances to shift the injured or sick people?? since it is a holy pilgrimage with people from world over do the patients get charged or freely taken care of??

King orders to complete Prophet’s Mosque project in 2 years
JEDDAH - Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah has ordered that work on the new expansion project for the Prophet’s Mosque in Madinah should start immediately so that it is completed in less than two years.
The king stressed the significance of completing the project at the earliest considering the greatness of the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him), Finance Minister Ibrahim Al-Assaf said.
The mosque building will cover an area of 614,800 square meters while the combined space of the mosque and plazas will be 1,020,500 square meters following the new expansion, the largest in history.
“The mosque will accommodate one million worshippers inside and 800,000 worshippers in the plaza,” Al-Assaf said, shedding more light on the new project for which the king laid the foundation stone.
Once completed the mosque will have two big minarets besides smaller ones. The Central Zone surrounding the mosque will triple in size compared to the present area with more space for residences and shopping areas.
Twenty-three hotels will be removed from the Central Zone for the project while 21 new hotel projects would be completed this year to make up for the shortfall in hotel rooms.
The Central Zone will undergo near total reconstruction including the expansion of existing utilities. The mosque’s plazas in the eastern and the western sides will undergo further development. The buildings surrounding the plazas will be built matching the urban development and in line with the rich Islamic cultural history of Madinah.

I do not agree to increasing Hajj quota.
There shall be a policy... no one can re-perform Hajj until 5 years passed.

Im so sorry but I couldn't find the green doom , where is that ?

Rxnh.jpg

How do the authorities deal with such problem?? are there ready ambulances to shift the injured or sick people?? since it is a holy pilgrimage with people from world over do the patients get charged or freely taken care of??

Few years ago the National Guard fast reaction teams were the ones who would take care of it. Using ambulances, helicopters, motorcycles on field treatment etc. right now as the National Guard shifted it's policy to becoming more of second army the job has been gradually taken over by the red crescent society which recently have been buffed by helicopters, bikes, Fast reaction Airplanes etc.

The treatment is free of charge. Including chronic diseases even.

:no:

This model will not be built.

The ‘official final Model’ for the Prophet’s Mosque Expansion Project.

Phase one (Temporary).

Electronic umbrella

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom