Reaction score
Country
Jordan
dubai-sport-city.jpg

4663182698_01e80bef88_b.jpg

345702228.jpg

BODWbiJCcAAnwP5.jpg:large

doka%207.jpg

The King Abdullah Sport City Stadium will be completed by the end of this year, said Ahmad Abdul Aziz Al Al-Salem, engineering support supervisor at Saudi Aramco.

“More than 8,400 workers are working on the project, clocking around 12 million working hours on construction activity,” he said at a press conference. “They are working day and night to complete the project as per schedule.”

Stating that the impact of the new labor laws concerning illegal workers in the Kingdom was only marginal on the sports city project, Al-Salem said contractors working on the project had already acquired work visas for labor working on the project early on, and this had ensured that there was no shortage of work force.

The Sports City, located about 60 km north of Jeddah, is coming up on 3 million sq. meters of land. It will have a total capacity of over 100,000, with the King Abdullah Football Stadium alone having a seating capacity of 60,000.

Dismissing apprehensions about traffic congestion in the vicinity of the massive complex, Al-Salem said by mid-2014, the remaining smaller sports venues abutting the main stadium, which will be used for hosting various athletic indoor and outdoor sporting events, will be completed.
He also talked about the other projects taken up by the department on the eastern side of Jeddah.

“We have planned several projects in the northeastern and southeastern side of the city, mainly to supplement the infrastructure required for the growing urbanization,” Al-Salem said. “These projects include dams for rainwater floods and drainage to protect the neighborhood and districts in the east side of the city.”

Stating that two phases of these projects were completed, he said this included 14 works involving new water dams and construction of several water canals for proper drainage of floodwater.

“Currently, there is a review of bids submitted for the third phase to protect the urban expansion of the city, for the year 2028, including water drainage and relocation of water canals in the area,” Al-Salem said.

King Abdullah stadium to be ready by year-end | Arab News

dubai-sport-city.jpg

4663182698_01e80bef88_b.jpg

345702228.jpg

BODWbiJCcAAnwP5.jpg:large

doka%207.jpg

The King Abdullah Sport City Stadium will be completed by the end of this year, said Ahmad Abdul Aziz Al Al-Salem, engineering support supervisor at Saudi Aramco.

“More than 8,400 workers are working on the project, clocking around 12 million working hours on construction activity,” he said at a press conference. “They are working day and night to complete the project as per schedule.”

Stating that the impact of the new labor laws concerning illegal workers in the Kingdom was only marginal on the sports city project, Al-Salem said contractors working on the project had already acquired work visas for labor working on the project early on, and this had ensured that there was no shortage of work force.

The Sports City, located about 60 km north of Jeddah, is coming up on 3 million sq. meters of land. It will have a total capacity of over 100,000, with the King Abdullah Football Stadium alone having a seating capacity of 60,000.

Dismissing apprehensions about traffic congestion in the vicinity of the massive complex, Al-Salem said by mid-2014, the remaining smaller sports venues abutting the main stadium, which will be used for hosting various athletic indoor and outdoor sporting events, will be completed.
He also talked about the other projects taken up by the department on the eastern side of Jeddah.

“We have planned several projects in the northeastern and southeastern side of the city, mainly to supplement the infrastructure required for the growing urbanization,” Al-Salem said. “These projects include dams for rainwater floods and drainage to protect the neighborhood and districts in the east side of the city.”

Stating that two phases of these projects were completed, he said this included 14 works involving new water dams and construction of several water canals for proper drainage of floodwater.

“Currently, there is a review of bids submitted for the third phase to protect the urban expansion of the city, for the year 2028, including water drainage and relocation of water canals in the area,” Al-Salem said.

King Abdullah stadium to be ready by year-end | Arab News

Hejaz is going to be even more awesome than it already is. Can't wait. I believe that it can be a real tourism hub. We have everything. Ancient history, beautiful mountains. tropical beaches, several hundreds of tropical islands in the beautiful Red Sea just in one province (Tabuk), second biggest coral reef in the world after the Great Barrier Reef in Australia and the most unexplored one (should attract all divers from across the world) greenery, steppes, all kind of deserts (rocky, hilly, volcanic), Mada'in Saleh, volcanic craters, ancient villages and towns, top modern towns and architecture, beautiful architecture, great cuisine, diversity in terms of people, Makkah and Madinah and a strategic position. Levant in the North, Yemen in the South, Egypt across the Red Sea and Najd/remaining Arabian Peninsula just to the east.

Not to mention good weather :-)cool:) all year around! If it gets too hot/warm for some then escape to Ta'if in Hejaz, a big city located 2000 meters above sea level and it has a pleasant temperature/weather all year around and even snowfalls during winter is not uncommon.

All the projects, improvements of the infrastructure, improvements of the holy sites etc. will be a great help.

Also we need even more top class stadiums since our national football team has a hard/weak period. Despite having a very successful history (4 World Cup appearances) 3 times winners of the Asian Cup (only Japan have more wins - 4), most final appearances, great football league etc. Although King Fahd stadium in Riyadh, despite being 26 years and having hosted the Confederations Cup the first 3 times we could need even newer and even better stadiums.

FIFA Confederations Cup - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Anyway, I forgot to wish you good luck in the World Cup qualifications, Blackeagle. I really hope that you make it!:yay:

EDIT: Let us also not forget this project in Jeddah. Biggest skyscraper in the world. First over 1000 meters tall! Itself a potential huge tourism attraction. Or all the new economical cities.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kingdom_Tower

nxw9so.jpg

We just, IMO, need to make it easier for non-Saudis to visit our country. The current rules cause them great difficulties. I know it could cause controversy in our country but this is only my opinion. Would also change some of the stereotypes that non-Arabs and non-Muslims have overnight not that this should ever be our main concern!

^ but would saudis allow tourism in? Most people outside dont know anything about Hejaz, other than Makkah/Madinah of course

also may I know, what do Hejazi people think of the Royal Family?

if saudi arabia goes to like this it can be middle east's america

^but would saudis allow tourism in? Most people outside dont know anything about Hejaz, other than Makkah/Madinah of course

Will you believe him? :offpost:

^ but would saudis allow tourism in? Most people outside dont know anything about Hejaz, other than Makkah/Madinah of course

Not the topic of the thread and we stand united with our country regardless of region, sect, dialect, history etc. All attempts of trying to make us fight each other will fail and history has proven this.

I am a Hejazi, my father's family are Meccan Hashemites, and we all love King Abdullah. Also this discussion does not belong here and even if some people disagree with them on some areas (we all probably do) we all know the realities.

Please don't troll. Are you really a Bahraini or a false-flagger?

I think I know your agenda and it will not succeed.

EDIT: Oh, you are a Pakistani and not a Bahraini despite using the Bahraini flag.

Awesome sauce!

Awesome "sauce"?

Man, we should have held that World Cup in 2022, not tiny Qatar which is just an island of our Gulf coast. Should be part of our country in the first place.

Although a few laws here and there for tourists to arrive in huge numbers, would have needed to be changed before 2022, LOL.

It is going to be an awesome stadium though.

Awesome "sauce"?

Man, we should have held that World Cup in 2022, not tiny Qatar which is just an island of our Gulf coast. Should be part of our country in the first place.

Although a few laws here and there for tourists to arrive in huge numbers, would have needed to be changed before 2022, LOL.

It is going to be an awesome stadium though.

Yes, :undecided:

Anyway, Qatar won it and they deserve it!

Yes, :undecided:

Anyway, Qatar won it and they deserve it!

Well, I am jealous all there is to it. No offense to any Qatari reading this. We love you anyway, LOL.

At least it will be very close to us and we can visit without problems. Would have been better if we had made a joint bid but I guess that some of our laws were not ready for such a big sporting/tourism event. Or what do I know? Maybe there was just no interest?

Rich, fat and spoilt neighbors!;)

digging digging digging every corner of jeddah damn finish it now since years they dig every road every corner every street . when the hell this development will complete ?sometime i hate my life because of this bloody construction work . they diverted 5 places on air port 2 for this stadium also :cry: last whole year and till now they are working all sides of our home we damn stuck can't go out of home to highway till we go zig zag left right 15 times its make my mode off when i go out of home morning :disagree::frown:

digging digging digging every corner of jeddah damn finish it now since years they dig every road every corner every street . when the hell this development will complete ?sometime i hate my life because of this bloody construction work . they diverted 5 places on air port 2 for this stadium also last whole year and till now they are working all sides of our home we damn stuck can't go out of home to highway till we go zig zag left right 15 times its make my mode off when i go out of home morning.

It will get better in the near future. Huge changes are taking place in Hejaz. Lots of amazing and huge projects coming up.

The renovation and extension of the Masjid al-Haram, Al-Masjid an-Nabawi, the new Jeddah airport, the Haramain high speed rail project, countless of architectural projects, King Abdullah Stadium, new resorts along the beautiful Red Sea coastline, improvements of roads etc.

Oh and I obviously forgot the Kingdom Tower. Man, that's a lot of awesome, costly and giant projects at once in one region.

Talking about the new airport in Jeddah then it will be one of the biggest and most advanced in the world:

gavin-hellier-stylish-modern-architecture-of-the-2010-opened-terminal-3-of-dubai-international-airport-dubai-un.jpg

dd873bed-b005-4f53-8496-b45b4ae34378.jpg

4c648fb0-7782-4fa1-a419-5d2f6f3e7109.jpg

680b8282-7300-49f1-a95a-2e693c342add.jpg

beot.jpg

dubai_international_terminal_3_4.jpg

so its mean saudi airline will be same as it is ?????? see airport full of amrates in pics :lol:

plz note this pic is dubai air port dear also some more 1 -2 3 4 are dubai airport

Back
Top Bottom