What's new

Kaveri Engine Project update

well i respect ur point but u overlooked the point that i never said any conflict b/w india and pakistan.Pakistan has many enemies, like israel, may be USA..:cheesy:

Anyways during kargil PAF was not able to fly their f 16's to the 100% capabilities due to unavailability of spares,so who knows what lies ahead in future.??

israel is not an enemy of pakistan, though we dont want any kind of relations with them! but obviously there is an element of public hatred towards them.(ur very well aware of the reason....i hope!)

well my friend spares certainly was not the main reason. PAF didn't have BVR at the time which made a huge difference, but PAF f-16s flew CAP missions along the border few times...

Last edited:
hey guys can any one clarify , in the above photo kaveri is not leving behind that much smoke as other engines... any reason.???

Reason is very simple - it is a very 100% indian product & not a copy paste of a russian product.

Also the fact that India has dealt with Russian engines for many decades and may know what causes smoky engines.

Reason is very simple - it is a very 100% indian product & not a copy paste of a russian product.

Also the fact that India has dealt with Russian engines for many decades and may know what causes smoky engines.
i think u r wrong..
the engines of IL-76 is way more bigger than jet engines and they give more thrust than a normal jet engine..
a jet engine may be a 1/2 a size of Il-76 engine,so it burns more fuel than jet engine...so u see the smoke trials..
And yes is a indian product,if russian made it,then they would not leave it to be called KAVERI and Sued GTRE on copying..
SO it's a indian design with indian components there in the engine

i think u r wrong..
the engines of IL-76 is way more bigger than jet engines and they give more thrust than a normal jet engine..
a jet engine may be a 1/2 a size of Il-76 engine,so it burns more fuel than jet engine...so u see the smoke trials..

Friend .

Smoky engines is not only caused by the amount of fuel it consumes. There are other factors to it. Smoky engines are a result of particular atmospheric condition when the engine thrust is at a particular level. Please check below the earlier series RD engines for Mig 29 fighters (the latest RD series claims to have overcome the problem)..also Su 30 MKI engines are smoky some times.

mig29-smokey.jpg

is this engine model had any parts that are from snecma? or purely indian effort?

French or any XYZ we have 100% know how on how to build a engine now..Now imagine in a war situation we will build our own engines against any enemy.where as u guys will beg china who indeed will beg russia for RD 93's.

WS-13 is being tested on JF17
kaveri is being tested on IL76......

china doesn't need to beg russia on anything ,two countries share a very deep strategic and economic relationship.we all know that india indeed "begged"russia not to sell RD-93 to china,they ignored india's request anyway.....

Last edited:
israel is not an enemy of pakistan, though we dont want any kind of relations with them! but obviously there is an element of public hatred towards them.(ur very well aware of the reason....i hope!)

well my friend spares certainly was not the main reason. PAF didn't have BVR at the time which made a huge difference, but PAF f-16s flew CAP missions along the border few times...

Well my friend it was not ur general public but Air force which aided arab militaries and bought down israli planes.And though undeclared u guys are enemies..

and as far as kargil and F16's are considered yes BVR was a reason but nawaz sharif had to quit for the war having many reasons in mind and spares for their military hardware was one among them coz just as the war started USA stopped supplies.But on our side spares keep coming, not even spares we bought new large offensive weapons..
Now if something goes wrong again ur Rd 93's and american supplies would stop the moment u fire the ifrst bullet ,but ruskies and israel will never do that to us, and more over our industry ina couple of decades will reach upto the point that we guys can help our friends with military spares and hardware in times of war and need.
Now thats frienship and trust..THe way u guys and USA behave with each other u guys look like enemies more and allies less..

Last edited:
WHF....... carry on posting useless crap with no base...... just B.S.......... i was enjoying when u tried to stop RD-93 sales to Pakistan...... but failed?:).... when u tried to block MARS-1 sales but failed! when u tried to block F-16 sales but FAILED.....When u tried to block 115 SPGs sales but failed......

I PITY U.

WS-13 is being tested on JF17
kaveri is being tested on IL76......

china doesn't need to beg russia on anything ,two countries share a very deep strategic and economic relationship.we all know that india indeed "begged"russia not to sell RD-93 to china,they ignored india's request anyway.....

dude we did not beg the Russians we paid the Russians to get our job done there is a difference between getting the job done when paid and begging as far as blocking sales i agree that we failed

WHF....... carry on posting useless crap with no base...... just B.S.......... i was enjoying when u tried to stop RD-93 sales to Pakistan...... but failed?:).... when u tried to block MARS-1 sales but failed! when u tried to block F-16 sales but FAILED.....When u tried to block 115 SPGs sales but failed......

I PITY U.

Then wat happened during kargil??wat did u guys manage to get from ur so called allies??we got every thing we wanted in the time of war...getting military hardware at times of peace is a different thing and getting supplies at times of war is different one.and india is preparing her self to the point where she has to depent minimun at times of war.And kaveri will lead us to that point.We know kaveri is not world no 1 but we will make sure kaveri is india's No 1 ..remember it is better to fly a plane then to ground them due to unavailability of spares..

N regarding my BS go check ur war history and see if its BS or ur's a rhetoric crap

hey guys can any one clarify , in the above photo kaveri is not leving behind that much smoke as other engines... any reason.???

The IL is taking off and using the 3 for take-off. You will see black smoke then, I don't care which manufacturer you are.

The Kaveri is engine is on, but is not participating in the take off.

The IL is taking off and using the 3 for take-off. You will see black smoke then, I don't care which manufacturer you are.

The Kaveri is engine is on, but is not participating in the take off.

just as i thought, first flight take off may not be tested.

Back
Top Bottom