KAU flight-tests new solar powered drone

Mosamania

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Saudi Arabia

29-7-1434-inner.jpg

King Abdulaziz University (KAU) flight-tested a new Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) powered by solar energy over its campus last week.

The test was attended by Prof Osama S. Tayyeb, KAU President, Prof Adnan Zahed, KAU Vice President for Graduate Studies and Scientific Research, Prof Omer Bafil, Vice President for Projects.

KAU's strong entry to the sophisticated UAV technology was marked with the signing of an agreement with Japan's Tokai University last year.

The project, which involves 14 teaching members of staff and 32 engineering students from both universities, is aimed at developing new UAV's to be used for peaceful purposes such as monitoring the holy sites during the Haj and Umrah seasons. Wael Harsani, project’s manager, said the project is fully backed by Prof Tayyeb and other senior KAU executives.

The drone will be further developed to fly when the sun is down using batteries, he further added.

29-7-1434-inner2.jpg

29-7-1434-inner.jpg

King Abdulaziz University (KAU) flight-tested a new Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) powered by solar energy over its campus last week.

The test was attended by Prof Osama S. Tayyeb, KAU President, Prof Adnan Zahed, KAU Vice President for Graduate Studies and Scientific Research, Prof Omer Bafil, Vice President for Projects.

KAU's strong entry to the sophisticated UAV technology was marked with the signing of an agreement with Japan's Tokai University last year.

The project, which involves 14 teaching members of staff and 32 engineering students from both universities, is aimed at developing new UAV's to be used for peaceful purposes such as monitoring the holy sites during the Haj and Umrah seasons. Wael Harsani, project’s manager, said the project is fully backed by Prof Tayyeb and other senior KAU executives.

The drone will be further developed to fly when the sun is down using batteries, he further added.

29-7-1434-inner2.jpg

Good Job this shows investment in education sector is paying off and also it is good for Military too is this the same university which is among 200 top universities of the world

i am amazed this thing made br arabs...great achievement....:cheers:

Interesting :lol:

Well, they have been working their @$$es off over the last two decades, so I guess their achievements are worth sharing to other people to know that ARABS are like anyone else.

dnt mind brother but seriusly they can do more than that because they have money......

we hear this all time here in PDF.... Don't give a$%^ anymore, better laugh at their ignorance. :coffee:

Alright. :lol:

dnt mind brother but seriusly they can do more than that because they have money......

Well, they have been working hard as much as they possible can for ages, and their achievements are satisfying and speak for themselves.

:wave:

more pics:

%D9%87%D9%88%D8%A7%D9%BE%DB%8C%D9%85%D8%A7%DB%8C%20%D8%B3%D8%A7%D8%AE%D8%AA%20%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A8%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%A7%D9%86.jpg

%D9%87%D9%88%D8%A7%D9%BE%DB%8C%D9%85%D8%A7%DB%8C%20%D8%AE%D9%88%D8%B1%D8%B4%DB%8C%D8%AF%DB%8C%20%D8%B9%D8%B1%D8%A8%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%A7%D9%86%DB%8C.jpg

Is it just me or the people in the photo look more like East Asians rather than Arabians? I mean, the solar powered drone is a brilliant idea, but wouldn't it be better to yippie those Asians instead of the Arabians? As usual, Arabians powerful financial ability ables them to hire foreigners to do things for them, but that doesn't actually make it as "Arabian-made" thing.

Just asking.

Is it just me or the people in the photo look more like East Asians rather than Arabians? I mean, the solar powered drone is a brilliant idea, but wouldn't it be better to yippie those Asians instead of the Arabians? As usual, Arabians powerful financial ables them to hire foreigners to do things for them, but that doesn't actually make it as "Arabian-made" thing.

Just asking.

It is a joint project between Saudi and Japanese students in the university.

Is it just me or the people in the photo look more like East Asians rather than Arabians? I mean, the solar powered drone is a brilliant idea, but wouldn't it be better to yippie those Asians instead of the Arabians? As usual, Arabians powerful financial ability ables them to hire foreigners to do things for them, but that doesn't actually make it as "Arabian-made" thing.

Just asking.

:lol: I like seeing people playing smart :lol:

It is a joint project between Saudi and Japanese students in the university.

'Supping sup Moss? XD

Back
Top Bottom