What's new

Kashmir | News & Discussions.

So, is new media only reinforcing old stereotypes?

• Total voters
--------------Deleted duplicate posts---------------

Sorry guys my so called broadband connection is troubling me bad.

“I am a Kashmiri. Writing my nationality as Indian is only an administrative compulsion. If I weren’t in uniform, I’d be pelting stones,” he says.[/B]

People from all sides of Kashmir wants to join India says Indian puppet bwahahahahahahaaaaaaaa

“I am a Kashmiri. Writing my nationality as Indian is only an administrative compulsion. If I weren’t in uniform, I’d be pelting stones,” he says.[/B]

People from all sides of Kashmir wants to join India says Indian puppet bwahahahahahahaaaaaaaa

So far, 800 policemen have been paid compensation of Rs. 5,000 each for injuries. “I fell down after a stone hit my head, and needed five stitches,” says an injured deputy superintendent of police. “Yet I instructed my men not to fire.”

Even after all this - the security men are being accused of recklessness.

Atleast this proves that the local J&K police is involved in crowd control duties and NOT the Indian army as is wrongly potrayed.

The CRPF is also involved which is also a police force. However, they should be removed from civilian areas and brought in only when needed. CRPF is a very ill trained and low paid force and needs to be revamped completed. Sometimes they are sent to do crowd control and other times they are sent to fight naxalites. This is really insanity on the HM's part.

These are not stones, but boulders of a long overdue laanat on the tyrants that have subjugated a free people. I said this months ago, this time Indians won't be able to stop this.

Kashmir's stone-pelters may be released before Eid - Hindustan Times

The Jammu and Kashmir government is thinking of setting free more than 700 stone-pelters arrested during the past two months in the Kashmir Valley, as a "goodwill gesture" on the eve of Eid next month, officials said on Saturday. The release of the stone-pelters and their reunion with their families would help calm tempers in the Valley, where voices calling for restraint and understanding the psyche of the stone throwers have gained momentum.

"If we could release militants on such occasions (Muslim festivals as also India's Independence Day and Republic Day), there should be no harm in setting free the stone-pelters," an official, who is behind the move, told IANS.

The idea has been "well received" by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, who "is against incarceration of teenagers who in a swirl of anger might have taken to the streets and thrown stones", the official said.

The parents of the arrested youth have also been pleading with the authorities to set them free with some of them even noting that if the chief minister could pardon a policeman who threw a shoe at him during the Independence Day function on Aug 15, why can't he forgive the youth who acted due to anger and frustration of the times.

"They (the jailed youth) are our own people and we cannot treat them like criminals for ever," the official said.

Id-ul-Fitr may fall on Sep 10 or 11, depending on the sighting of the moon.

Most of the arrested stone-pelters who are in their teens were arrested from Srinagar, Baramulla, Bijbehra and Sopore areas of the Valley, which saw heavy stone-pelting in the past 10 weeks. The motives attributed range from anger against misgovernance, unemployment, sentiment for 'azadi' (freedom), to monetary benefits and instigation.

While the government had been maintaining that the phenomenon of stone throwing started with instigation by Kashmiri separatists and Pakistan, the separatists and their sympathisers have called it a "manifestation of resistance against the Indian rule in Kashmir" and also a tool of self-defence against the firing of bullets by security forces.

As many as 64 people, including children aged eight and nine, have been killed and hundreds of others wounded in the clashes that picked up after the death of a 17-year-old Tufail Mattoo in Rajouri Kadal area of Srinagar June 11.

From the very fact that the whole of Kashmir has not become ungovernable and law and order has not completely broken down and that the state government remains is control of the state. We can safely say that these sentiments expressed in the article are not subscribed to by the majority of Kashmiri's, had that been he case it would have been utter chaos out there and since it is not so let us not assume the worst.

To ascribe to the majority the views of the minority, might please some of my friends here but that is simply far from the truth.

BTW, since when did "orange Indian media" become the gospel of truth out here. For i am very sure that in many more threads here it has been nothing but ridiculed. Selective Amnesia anyone??

BTW if you read the article, all the police officials interviewed are from Srinagar which is a city of almost a million people. Srinagar is a tough city that has probably the strongest pro-independance sentiment. It has only about 8% polling in recent elections. Also out of the 60+ deaths 40+ were from Srinagar. Yasin Malik, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Geelani are also all located in Srinagar.

Moreover all news agencies including foreign ones like AFP e.t.c. are located there as well.

So that is why you see the rural areas relatively quieter than urban areas particularly srinagar.

These are not stones, but boulders of a long overdue laanat on the tyrants that have subjugated a free people. I said this months ago, this time Indians won't be able to stop this.

And you will continue to say this for years and years to come....

:tup:

Atleast this proves that the local J&K police is involved in crowd control duties and NOT the Indian army as is wrongly potrayed.

The CRPF is also involved which is also a police force. However, they should be removed from civilian areas and brought in only when needed. CRPF is a very ill trained and low paid force and needs to be revamped completed. Sometimes they are sent to do crowd control and other times they are sent to fight naxalites. This is really insanity on the HM's part.

This proves they are Indian puppets and some of them have joined police as they have no other choice to earn bread due to Indian occupation and this also proves that this compulsion did not changed Kashmiriat and will for Independent Kashmir in their hearts as this policeman said if he was NOT in uniform he would have Pelted stones on Indian invader army

Back
Top Bottom