What's new

Karkey files another $2.1b damages claim against Pakistan

Yes, and you are expecting Nawaz Sharif to do all this, right? :disagree:

It is a matter of 'Should' & 'Could', not 'would'. Besides PML-N is still in opposition to PPP. Do not be fooled by appearances.

PTI's narrative of 'muk-muka' is necessary political tool, not a realistic description of reality as it exists. For that, you need to bring in a number of factors - and that would lead to an Off Topic discussion.

HUH??
Pakistan failed to pay for the supplies so it is company's fault???

Prove that there were any supplies at all.

It is a matter of 'Should' & 'Could', not 'would'. Besides PML-N is still in opposition to PPP. Do not be fooled by appearances.

PTI's narrative of 'muk-muka' is necessary political tool, not a realistic description of reality as it exists. For that, you need to bring in a number of factors - and that would lead to an Off Topic discussion.

I will start believing that when I will see PML-N taking actions against Zardari's corruption which he did when the sun was shining. Until then, PTI's narrative of 'muk-muka' is a realistic description of reality as it exists.

I will start believing that when I will see PML-N taking actions against Zardari's corruption which he did when the sun was shining. Until then, PTI's narrative of 'muk-muka' is a realistic description of reality as it exists.

PML-N as a party will not do anything by itself. Anything that does happen, would happen through courts. PML-N is far smarter that you credit them. They practice politics instead of sloganeering and gali-galoch.

I am not supporter of PML-N, and neither do I support PTI. I support IK in his agenda. But his politics is mis-guided. If he causes disruption for sake of mid-term elections, I would support PML-N. I see more than just corruption narrative. There is a lot more to politics than simple slogans.

PML-N as a party will not do anything by itself. Anything that does happen, would happen through courts. PML-N is far smarter that you credit them. They practice politics instead of sloganeering and gali-galoch.

PML-N maybe is smart as you are saying, but they do sloganeering and gali-galoch a lot, so I'm not gonna buy that line of yours sir. We've been hearing both Sharif brothers saying they will bring back looted money from Swiss Banks since ages now, wake me up when that day will come, that too in PML-N rule. NOT gonna happen, period.

I am not supporter of PML-N, and neither do I support PTI. I support IK in his agenda. But his politics is mis-guided. If he causes disruption for sake of mid-term elections, I would support PML-N. I see more than just corruption narrative. There is a lot more to politics than simple slogans.

I have followed your posts frequently here so no need to explain you support whom. ;)

Thats about 25% of Pakistan's foreign resrves.Will Pakistan pay??

Lawyer always ask bigger number, then they actually think they will get so say somewhere 25% of this number if GOP is at wrong here.

Last edited:
You sure? Now read your quote below:

This is what I get for supporting my country instead of a particular politician. It is so easy for you to fling accusations. I wonder, how hard it is for you to do gali-galoch? Not much, apparently. Likes of you are the biggest internal threat to PTI.

Kid, I have nothing to prove to you or anybody. I am not responsible for your cognitive deficiencies. I have criticized PML-N as well as PTI. You do not like that? Sue me.

I've been an IK fan longer than your time on this planet. But my like for him can not be extended to support for whatever he says.

You took it completely wrong mate, I don't know whether I posted it clearly or not, I was in a hurry at that time so just left it to one line.. I was trying to say that I have followed your posts and I know whom you support so no need to explain to me that you are a PTI supporter and a sane person. You took it completely wrong and jumped on your guns.. :lol:

I follow you posts just because you're a nice poster, otherwise I wouldn't care about you like a lot of others here, that's why I said I follow your posts and that's why I was replying to you. Whatever I posted, yes it maybe was derogatory (not intentional) but it wasn't abusive or disrespectful. But your response was surprising, rather shocking and unfair.

Anyways, cheers.

You took it completely wrong mate, I don't know whether I posted it clearly or not, I was in a hurry at that time so just left it to one line.. I was trying to say that I have followed your posts and I know whom you support so no need to explain to me that you are a PTI supporter and a sane person. You took it completely wrong and jumped on your guns.. :lol:

I follow you posts just because you're a nice poster, otherwise I wouldn't care about you like a lot of others here, that's why I said I follow your posts and that's why I was replying to you. Whatever I posted, yes it maybe was derogatory (not intentional) but it wasn't abusive or disrespectful. But your response was surprising, rather shocking and unfair.

Anyways, cheers.

Sorry, I really did take it the wrong way. I have deleted my post because I had done what I do not like in others.

Sirjee @Jazzbot bivi bachon wala banda hai :lol:

I've been an IK fan since 1978.

I tell you, for me the most beautiful and inspiring sight in sports world was Imran Khan's run up. His run up had a graceful feline quality to it; it seemed so natural to him that it seems as though he was born to run like that - just like Ustad Fateh Ali Khan's Taan seemed natural and effortless, and yet was un-replicable.

Imran Khan could make multiple laps of Lawrence Garden / Bagh-e-Jinnah with varying pace that a middle distance runner would have found challenging... That surfeit of stamina was Imran Khan's strength and that was the basis of his mental toughness. But conversely this is his a handicap in politics. He seems to hang on to an opinion with determination. Not good for a politicians. And yet this is part of his appeal.

I'm sorry we have drifted too far from topic: Karkey plant and its aftermath. I know whenever IK comes to power, we would know that the days of such deals are gone.

The Turkish equipment including the ship was detained on court orders. Our courts create more mess than any of our politicians. They are jahil and old fashioned and have absolutely no clue how economy or business is run. They are just jahils sitting in the supreme court abusing their power

If we lose the case, I say, shut down the freakin supreme court and confiscate everyones property involved in detaining the turkish ship oh and sell iftikhar chaudhrys kidneys if we are short on case. Never thought we had a mental patient as our CJ

The Turkish equipment including the ship was detained on court orders. Our courts create more mess than any of our politicians. They are jahil and old fashioned and have absolutely no clue how economy or business is run. They are just jahils sitting in the supreme court abusing their power

Well that is obviously the required qualification for top govt jobs:

Required:
  • B.Sc in Jahiliat, or corruption, or Kammchoori, or Kamangi
  • 2 years experience in one of the fields of study
  • Ability to tell red lies consistently
  • Ability to fill self's pocket with as much money as available, so public can be shown zero balance
  • Ability to be caught red handed yet keep position
  • Ability to do the worst job possible
  • Ability to not know the very basics of computer technology for office work.
Preferred:
  • Connections with other govt. officials (Safarish)
  • Masters or PhD. in Zalalat, or Gunda gardi
  • 10+ years experience in field of expertise
  • One or more murders
  • Proven track record of theft (Wage increment is directly proportional to amount of successful theft)
  • Heart of stone, self first before everyone type of personality
Here at Govt. of Pakistan, we strive to deliver the very worst of humanity to make citizens suffer. We currently maintain many world records for haramzadi. But of-course our success has always been our hardly working employees, poor, ignorant, an clueless voters who love bring on to themselves another decade of headache, economic hardship, terrorism etc.

We hope our never ending reign of corruption prevails through out the world and would need your help as we always value inputs to be worse than the worst humans on this good earth.

Whether its gonna be a single payment or in installments will depends upon Courts decision. U or i hv no authority to pass judgement here.
Who says I was passing judgement? I'm simply stating my own views of what would probably happen. Considering past examples, such as Argentina, we can see that the payment would be stretched out.

Though i think Pakistan will end up paying for damages(considering ur poor track record in International courts) but IMO the damage amount should be considerably reduced.
Actually, the record has been pretty average. It's only recently that Pakistan has had some strings of bad luck, and only against India. However, I do think that the amount will probably be reduced by the courts, if Pakistan can prove the damages don't amount to what Karkey claims.

$2 billion to loot hai yar but even $1 billion in damages n penalty will hv a serious impact on ur forex reserves n budget deficit.
Which is why the courts will probably rule that the payments be stretched out, because Pakistan won't be able to afford to pay the amount asked. No court will purposefully bankrupt an entity if it can avoid it.

Plus the damage it'll cause to Pakistan's image in International market n loss of International Invester's faith, will be another cause of worry for u guys.
Unless Pakistan actually honors to pay, or wins against the lawsuit. We'll have to see what happens, speculating too much is something that may end up embarrassing us both.

Back
Top Bottom