What's new

Karachi Operation | News, Updates and analysis.

Police officer, former MQM activist shot dead - thenews.com.pk

Karachi

A policeman and a former activist of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) were killed in gun attacks across Karachi on Saturday.

The DSP in charge of the Karachi juvenile jail was gunned down near Malir Cantonment.

DSP Mumtaz Ali Shah had left in his car (U-2354) for the juvenile jail when two men riding a motorcycle sprayed his cars with bullets, SP Shah Faisal Syed Asif Ali told The News.

“The two men intercepted the DSP’s car in a narrow lane near Faryal School located close to Surty Society, a few hundred metres from the Gate No 2 of Malir Cantonment and fired gunshots at his vehicle.

The SP said Mumtaz had suffered four bullet wounds to his head and chest and he died instantly.

“Police found 11 empty 9mm pistol bullet shells at the crime scene,” he added.

Forty-six-year-old Mumtaz Ali Shah was a resident of Surti Society, Model Colony Malir. He was recently appointed as deputy superintendent of the juvenile prison after he was promoted from the rank of inspector and transferred from the Karachi Central Jail.

“The slain DSP’s brother, Sher Muhammad Shah, who claims that he was with Mumtaz at the time of the attack, had survived an attempt on life a month and a half ago,” the police official said.

However, the SP doubted that Sher Muhammad Shah was travelling in the car with DSP when he was attacked.

“It’s improbable that not a single bullet hit him even though over a dozen rounds were fired on the car by the assailants.”

DSP Mumtaz Ali Shah had two wives and seven children. He lived in Model Colony.

“His [the slain DSP’s] brother has told us that they had a dispute with some relatives a few weeks back. A nephew of Mumtaz Ali Shah had earlier attacked him in Sehwan.”

Talking to reporters, Sher Muhammad Shah, DSP Mumtaz Ali Shah’s brother, said he was accompanying his brother when some men riding a motorcycle started firing on the car.

“I was gripped by panic and I ducked inside the car. Therefore, I was unable to see the assailants,” he added.

“Mumtaz had a dispute with his nephew in Hyderabad. The motive behind the killing could be that dispute.”

The DSP’s body was shifted to the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre for autopsy.

CM takes notice

Taking serious notice of the DSP’s murder, the Sindh chief minister directed the police chief to ensure the arrest of the killer as soon as possible.

Qaim Ali Shah condemned the killing and said such cowardly attacks on law enforcement personnel would not dampen their morale to fight against terrorists.

The chief minister reiterated his commitment towards continuing the ongoing targeted operations against target killers, extortionists and members of banned outfits.

MWM condemns

The Majlis-e-Wahdat-e-Muslimeenm (MWM) said that the government has miserably failed to control law and order situation in Karachi despite launching targeted operation in the city and the situation became further alarming after the target killing of the DSP.

Terming the murder of the police officer a sectarian killing, the MWM said that continued target killing of Shia community members has been causing scare and panic among the community as more than a dozen Shias were killed in the last month alone.

“The Sindh chief minister is just issuing statements that crime rate in Karachi has gone down but in reality the target killings in Karachi are at peak,” it said, adding, “As per reports 10,000 policemen and officers have been recruited in the Sindh Police on political grounds so how one can expect results from the police.”

Ex-MQM man slain

In Orangi Town, a man formerly associated with the MQM was gunned down near Qatar Hospital.

Adeel, 32, was standing outside his house in Orangi Town No. 5 when two armed men came near him on foot and opened fire at him, SHO Ghulam Nabi Afridi said.

The victim was shifted to the Abbasi Shaheed Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries. He was shot three times with a 9mm pistol.

The spent bullet shells have been sent to the police forensic division.

As that advocate said in above video that Police & Rangers are not touching illegally occupied kachi abadi areas whose population is not even counted in Karachi & have no record at all & the same Police & Rangers have cordoned off the settled MQM areas & are harassing people, breaking their doors & searching their houses even at night 3 AM, forcing people to say that they are target killers, etc etc.

I wanna ask a simple question to any sane mind that will you expect these people to love Police & Rangers? These people knows that they are common citizens of Pakistan & if someone does this to them what will they think about it? We the kids of 90's saw that brutal BS operation of 90's when this same NS(the killer of Karachities) was PM & falsefully blamed MQM about Jinnahpur & now he come up with another drama of muhajir republican army & all kind of bu11$h1ts. NS is a much bigger threat than Zardari because to hide his illegal corruption activities he distract people in these dangerous issues which are harmful to Pakistan in the long run.

Did you arranged the tickets for them on party orders? or just blabber-farting here?

bullshitt operations, most of the criminals have already escaped abroad, and police is the biggest criminal element in the city so why expect police to curb crimes?

operation is just a show piece no outcome will come out of it

proves that operation is not targeted against MQM only but all criminals

02_04.gif

proves that operation is not targeted against MQM only but all criminals

MQM is targeted as a whole where as only criminals in very limited numbers from other organisations are targeted

As that advocate said in above video that Police & Rangers are not touching illegally occupied kachi abadi areas whose population is not even counted in Karachi & have no record at all & the same Police & Rangers have cordoned off the settled MQM areas & are harassing people, breaking their doors & searching their houses even at night 3 AM, forcing people to say that they are target killers, etc etc.

I wanna ask a simple question to any sane mind that will you expect these people to love Police & Rangers? These people knows that they are common citizens of Pakistan & if someone does this to them what will they think about it? We the kids of 90's saw that brutal BS operation of 90's when this same NS(the killer of Karachities) was PM & falsefully blamed MQM about Jinnahpur & now he come up with another drama of muhajir republican army & all kind of bu11$h1ts. NS is a much bigger threat than Zardari because to hide his illegal corruption activities he distract people in these dangerous issues which are harmful to Pakistan in the long run.

bhai the more you explain them the more they with shut their ears and sing lalalalala

Because these are highly educated members of highly educated political party

W11 forgot to arrange a ticket for him?

i asked him the source but he failed to reply me :azn: guess all the rest yourself

Do criminals live in trees? or are there homes built in the air? You are an authentic racist, spreading hate on this forum. you should be permanently banned on this forum and apprehended by authorities for spreading hate and put h=behind bars with the same criminals you are defending here.

raiding on common people's houses instead of chasing criminals

73DGC.jpg

for example what did arif alvi do till now in NA250?

MQM is a violent organization which uses the mask of liberalism and Mohajirism to fool people into believing that it has a just cause. The sensible Urdu speakers, not Mohajirs have stopped falling for MQM's hollow rhetoric because it hasn't done anything for the urdu speakers since it has come into power. I have experienced and know people who were beaten, tortured, abducted, threatened or even killed for not giving what MQM wanted - a vote or Bhatta. One friend had a gun put to her mother's head to make sure she votes right, and the other had to shut down his hotel because he couldn't pay extortion money. So no MQM is not better than anyone. It is as bad as ANP, PPP and the Taliban. All don't give two shits about Pakistan as long as their agenda is fulfilled.

As far as PTI's performance in KHI, so long they don't conduct and condone violence, I am willing to give them a chance over MQM any day of the week.

I love this pictures, this shows only one thing "Job well done by PAKISTAN RANGERS" we want more, keepn on Pakistan Rangers, we love you !

how job well done, statictics to prove your claim?

MQM is a violent organization which uses the mask of liberalism and Mohajirism to fool people into believing that it has a just cause. The sensible Urdu speakers, not Mohajirs have stopped falling for MQM's hollow rhetoric because it hasn't done anything for the urdu speakers since it has come into power. I have experienced and know people who were beaten, tortured, abducted, threatened or even killed for not giving what MQM wanted - a vote or Bhatta. One friend had a gun put to her mother's head to make sure she votes right, and the other had to shut down his hotel because he couldn't pay extortion money. So no MQM is not better than anyone. It is as bad as ANP, PPP and the Taliban. All don't give two shits about Pakistan as long as their agenda is fulfilled.

As far as PTI's performance in KHI, so long they don't conduct and condone violence, I am willing to give them a chance over MQM any day of the week.

I dont have time for your BS, please spare me that

and peace will come like this, when terrorist weapons shop operated by taliban was caught in zamzama red handed?

Raid in Zamzama: Four launchers, rockets found from a shop – The Express Tribune

or the KU university bus was looted in banaras

http://www.thenews.com.pk/article-116503-Karachi-University-students-bus-looted-on-Banaras-Bridge

or the arial firing in teen talwar? who gave PTI guns?

Last edited by a moderator:
ye karachi ko clean kerain ge?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom