What's new

Kalashnikov regretted his invention.

There is bad behavior everywhere but it doesn't come close to the behavior in is country which is very rampant and goes against all tenets of faith.

I don't think just because we are socially at peace means this world is a better place to live in. The world isn't any more peaceful than it was and we never got a better world promised to us after WW2.

Getting along is one aspect of religion that shouldn't be an obstacle. What about every other aspect of religion? We seriously go against it. Sexuality is a serious issue.

God even states this is one of the worst ways a society could become impure.
And yet, it is the country that you have chosen to live in. There is a famous saying that people, despite all that is debated, will "vote with their feet", i.e., that despite all of the failings of countries like America, people from all over the world, and from every possible religion, often suffer great hardship to get to America and to become Americans. One can't say the same of so many officially "religious" countries in which people flee by the tens of thousands. As to what God condemns, that may be somewhat a matter of differing views. Not greatly differing, but differing nonetheless. God certainly condemns sexual impurity, but even in my Church's understanding (Catholic), although it is very traditionally Biblically moral in it's teaching, it does not think the State should criminalize such behaviour when it is between consenting adults in private. It may be a sin, but shouldn’t be made a crime any more than my Church can impose it's views as to what marriage may be on those who are not Catholic, as one example. If it did, many Muslim marriages would not be considered marriages and so in societies like America, we must accommodate each other's views and be tolerant of even what we may object to. What is public though, from how just an economic system we live under, to issues like violence, intolerance and bigotry, are very much the State's concern according at least, to my religious tradition. Just my two cents worth...

They did happen, what I'm saying is it wasn't rampant and a part of life as it is in the western world today.

Too much money revolves around sexuality so people will damage teens brains over this.

I know the difference because I've gone overseas and asked a few close cousins of mine about this taboo subject and they told me we don't think about sex like your people do over there.

They may one to marry and fall in love with a husband but pre marital sexual thoughts are not common. I've seen how they live.

Yes but you are talking about the visible minority...

I think you are getting too worked up over small "immoral" minority...
these ppl never harm others, they don force others to be like them...
I think you shouldn be too bothered about them...
excesses in anything is unhealthy and every culture advise against exceses , these kind of deviations exist everywhre and at all point of time... because deviations in anythin is a natural phenomena

And yet, it is the country that you have chosen to live in. There is a famous saying that people, despite all that is debated, will "vote with their feet", i.e., that despite all of the failings of countries like America, people from all over the world, and from every possible religion, often suffer great hardship to get to America and to become Americans. One can't say the same of so many officially "religious" countries in which people flee by the tens of thousands. As to what God condemns, that may be somewhat a matter of differing views. Not greatly differing, but differing nonetheless. God certainly condemns sexual impurity, but even in my Church's understanding (Catholic), although it is very traditionally Biblically moral in it's teaching, it does not think the State should criminalize such behaviour when it is between consenting adults in private. What is public though, from how just an economic system we live under, to issues like violence, intolerance and bigotry, are very much the State's concern according at least, to my religious tradition. Just my two cents worth...

I'm not trying to offend you, I'm just saying this is not a moral people in this country. It's foundation is based off of secular ideas. Of course you can be religious or not as you choose. What I'm saying is generally there aren't social morals valued in our country. Opposite is valued and promoted. So I'm telling you don't say communism is godless, America and the American people are in where near God loving. I don't get a sense of a religious environment. I get a sense of a popular media environment here. I've seen people outside the mosque and even people attending churches and mosques aren't some of the best people outside of it. Although I'd like to see the countryside, I know people are more traditional there but the majority of this nation is more along New York liberal life basically.

Don't get me wrong, I know me and you have strong hearts for our faiths. This is not what I'm disputing. I also was born here and yes I am living here. I manage to live here easy and enjoy living here. It's not a problem I have with this country, it's just an indisputable trend among this generation I want people to be honest about It that's all. I can't see us claiming to be moral queens. :)

First of all...my condolences for Mr.Kalashnikov,he was a genious gentleman who introduced a fantastic gun design for us.
Second,inventor is not blamed for introducing his ideas/inventing new designs..it is not a sin,if inventing weapons would be a sin,then nations will never strenghten themselves and we would be using swords or will be placing archers instead of 'snipers':D
However,an inventor will be recognized as a 'sinner' in the sight of God,if he will provide it to people with destructive designs ie,I will be a sinner if I will sell my weapon to a terrorist,rather then my LEA or armed forces so that they could use it against terrorists.
We people have failed to balance or adjust our lives with religion and nature,as a result to which either we loose our faith upon God as we find his laws as impossible to be implemented in our daily lifestyle or we become too extremist,thus tormenting our souls in the name of self assumed religious interpretations.
So,enjoy your life...invent and assure that it will be used for good purpose,either it is a deadly weapon or any medicine...as even a medicine can be misused as a poison.

-Regards

Last edited:
Yes but you are talking about the visible minority...

I think you are getting too worked up over small "immoral" minority...
these ppl never harm others, they don force others to be like them...
I think you shouldn be too bothered about them...
excesses in anything is unhealthy and every culture advise against exceses , these kind of deviations exist everywhre and at all point of time... because deviations in anythin is a natural phenomena

I'm speaking strictly of morals person to person and how it affects society. For example, drug use, consumption of alcohol, it's very common amongst people and they make up the majority.

Yes, these people get along, there is diversity, peace, healthiness...I'm not against this aspect of society. However the other aspect I know does emulate religion in any way. It's also rampant. Go to a college in the USA and see, India may be different. Our teenagers are active in these activities and many girls engage in sexual activities with several different guys just by hooking up not an actual healthy relationship. This is how a good portion of our girls are and they've done things at school sometimes too.

Life is revolved around enjoying it like there's no day tomorrow. This is a secular godless lifestyle.

I'm not trying to offend you, I'm just saying this is not a moral people in this country. It's foundation is based off of secular ideas. Of course you can be religious or not as you choose. What I'm saying is generally there aren't social morals valued in our country. Opposite is valued and promoted. So I'm telling you don't say communism is godless, America and the American people are in where near God loving. I don't get a sense of a religious environment. I get a sense of a popular media environment here. I've seen people outside the mosque and even people attending churches and mosques aren't some of the best people outside of it. Although I'd like to see the countryside, I know people are more traditional there but the majority of this nation is more along New York liberal life basically.

Don't get me wrong, I know me and you have strong hearts for our faiths. This is not what I'm disputing. I also was born here and yes I am living here. I manage to live here easy and enjoy living here. It's not a problem I have with this country, it's just an indisputable trend among this generation I want people to be honest about It that's all. I can't see us claiming to be moral queens. :)
I was never claiming any moral superiority for our country. Indeed, I was pointing out that our moral failings may be different than other countries, but we are not necessarily better or worse. As I said, name a more officially "religious" country and I guarantee you I can show you where their societies practice injustice and moral failings that are every bit as offensive to God. I would say the difference is that in America, our moral failings are usually of a personal nature, i.e., people's individual sexual sin, or their dishonesty, etc., that are not considered criminal unless it actually involves breaking the law and harming an innocent person. But that allowance for personal sin, that freedom, is also what has made America (and other countries in the West), so free and prosperous and why so many millions and millions of people go through such hardship, just to come here and become Americans. It is the price of admission. For example, even if one is a Shia, in America, you have religious freedom to worship as such but you must maintain peaceful relations with and be tolerant of Sunnis (and visa versa) as anything else will not be tolerated. Not so in many much more "religious" countries. It is that same principle that applies to living next to and being tolerant and respectful of gay people, black people, Jews, Mormons, atheists, etc. It either applies to all...or it would quickly all collapse in bigotry and violence. While I may share your concerns of the negative affects of such excessive freedoms, I for one, have no desire to go back to the America of my youth that was perhaps more "religious" but one in which there was a much more frightful degree of discrimination, hatred, bigotry and violence.

Last edited:
I was never claiming any moral superiority for our country. Indeed, I was pointing out that our moral failings may be different than other countries, but we are not necessarily better or worse. As I said, name a more officially "religious" country and I guarantee you I can show you where their societies practice injustice and moral failings that are every bit as offensive to God. I would say the difference is that in America, our moral failings are usually of a personal nature, i.e., people's individual sexual sin, or their dishonesty, etc., that are not considered criminal unless it actually involves breaking the law and harming an innocent person. But that allowance for personal sin, that freedom, is also what has made America (and other countries in the West), so free and prosperous and why so many millions and millions of people go through such hardship, just to come here and become Americans. It is the price of admission. For example, even if one is a Shia, in America, you have religious freedom to worship as such but you must maintain peaceful relations with and be tolerant of Sunnis (and visa versa) as anything else will not be tolerated. Not so in many much more "religious" countries. It is that same principle that applies to living next to and being tolerant and respectful of Gay people, black people, Jews, Mormons, atheists, etc. It either applies to all...or it would quickly all collapse in bigotry and violence. While I may share your concerns of the negative affects of such excessive freedoms, I for one, have no desire to go back to the America of my youth that was perhaps more "religious" but one in which there was a much more frightful degree of discrimination, hatred, bigotry and violence.

I do believe that has less to do with the seculairty or the religiosity of the State as it does with Governance because you can find plenty of Secular States in the Far East, in Africa, in Latin America & even in Eastern Europe where discrimination, hatred, bigotry & violence are widespread !

The same can be said about almost all Muslim Majority Countries or even the ones with one form or the other of 'Institutionalized Political aspects of Islam' - The problem is that all of them lack either in Institutional building or in Public Awareness where the former is needed for Good Governance whilst the latter is imperative for its maintenance !

I'm speaking strictly of morals person to person and how it affects society. For example, drug use, consumption of alcohol, it's very common amongst people and they make up the majority.

Yes, these people get along, there is diversity, peace, healthiness...I'm not against this aspect of society. However the other aspect I know does emulate religion in any way. It's also rampant. Go to a college in the USA and see, India may be different. Our teenagers are active in these activities and many girls engage in sexual activities with several different guys just by hooking up not an actual healthy relationship. This is how a good portion of our girls are and they've done things at school sometimes too.

Life is revolved around enjoying it like there's no day tomorrow. This is a secular godless lifestyle.

Why is the sexual freedom in the west a bad thing? As a beneficiary of such, I protest it's vilification.

If you see any invention from pen to nuclear materials.. it could be used for both good and bad, depends on the intention of the person who hold it .. Knife - can be used to cut vegetables, life saving operations and also kill people. :butcher:

Kalashnikov's intention was to save the innocent & motherland with his invention, that's what should be counted. RIP.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom