What's new

KAI joins turkish light helicopter contest

KUH is basically a downgrade version for eurocopter sa-330 puma.

The orginal puma is able to flight about 4hours but KUH flies less than two hours. Because while they were designing KUH they actually down sized the fuel tank from the orginal puma's design. :disagree:

There were lots of crticism about kai between military experts in korea. I can't say that it's the best option so far.

KUH is basically a downgrade version for eurocopter sa-330 puma.

The orginal puma is able to flight about 4hours but KUH flies less than two hours. Because while they were designing KUH they actually down sized the fuel tank from the orginal puma's design. :disagree:

There were lots of crticism about kai between military experts in korea. I can't say that it's the best option so far.

So the Surion only has 2 Hours of flight fuel, Cheese why even bother make such a Helo in the first place. I think KAI is very unlikely to win contest duo the fact that they themself need foreign help making there KUH.

So the Surion only has 2 Hours of flight fuel, Cheese why even bother make such a Helo in the first place. I think KAI is very unlikely to win tender duo the fact that they themself need foreign help making there KUH.

There is no tender btw. TAI has the full responsibility for designing a light helicopter.

Galiba T-70'lerde yalan olacak bu arada. :(

Sikorsky Türk tarafının isteklerinden yakınıyordu. Bir de bildiğim bir şey daha var ama galiba onu söylememem lazım. :)
I don't know what you think you know, but the deal was signed. There's no coming back from it.

Sikorsky Türk tarafının isteklerinden yakınıyordu. Bir de bildiğim bir şey daha var ama galiba onu söylememem lazım. :)

Just say it....

I think there is a change in programs:
We have these updated pages (some new):
T70
Directorate General of Forestry (DGF) Light Utility Helicopter Project
Turkish National Police Light Utility Helicopter Project
Turkish National Police Medium Utility Helicopter Project

A new upgrade program: DOGAN

And a new development program which responses the needs of light Helicopter program (Ankopter) with the developed procedure for the local utility program. The new name is:
Indigenous Helicopter Design and Manufacture

Has anybody noticed the horizontal nozzles of recently delivered Super-cobras? This is the first time I see AH1-W with horizontal nozzles. AH1-Z? somebody just provides a photo, showing those damn 4 blades.

Has anybody noticed the horizontal nozzles of recently delivered Super-cobras? This is the first time I see AH1-W with horizontal nozzles. AH1-Z? somebody just provides a photo, showing those damn 4 blades.

Marine AH-1W

ah1w-080713rs.jpg

You are right, and both kind in one pic

Ah1s08.jpg

Isn't it a step of upgrading procedure to AH1-Z level? Is there any other differences between two kind of super cobras in this pic?

Most probably twin engine.

Already their contribution will be max %20 and it seems not in criticial parts. I think "any ability" is very assertive.

0998923.jpg

How many standing and seated troops it can drop?

We should have bought some as 5-7 CN-235MPA for Navy

KAI has to make any profit wheather they like it or not.
Before they got the permission of KUH project they have promised the goverment that they will sell at least 300 helicopters.

Turkey developing a light helicopter? That's interesting!

Does anyone here have the pics of the prototype model or something?

If so, it'd be great to post it.

Back
Top Bottom