BordoEnes

Reaction score
Country
Turkey
KAI To Take Part in Turkish Light Helicopter Contest
Oct. 9, 2012 - 11:34AM |
By UMIT ENGINSOY and BURAK EGE BEKDIL | Comments
gannett.com

ANKARA Hong-kyung Kim, president of Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI), said Oct. 8 that his company would bid on Turkeys multibillion-dollar light utility helicopter contest.

Major helicopter producers around the world have expressed an interest in this Turkish program, set to begin either later this year or in early 2013.

KAI also is interested in developing a fighter jet, dubbed KF-X, with Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI), Kim said, and he would have discussions with TAI officials. TAI is a member of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter consortium, but Turkey has said that it wants to produce another fighter with a non-U.S. partner after 2020.

Kim said the South Korean company also wants to sell the T-50 Golden Eagle advanced trainer jet to Turkey.

Kim is in Turkey to mark the conclusion of the two countries joint $350 million program to manufacture 40 KT-1T basic trainer planes for the Turkish Air Force.

He said South Korea is considering an effort by TAI and Italys AgustaWestland to sell some of their T-129 attack helicopters to South Korea. Boeing and Bell Helicopter Textron also are shortlisted in this program. South Korea is expected to pick a winner before the end of this year.

Finally, KAI and TAI on Oct. 8 signed a cooperation pact under which TAI will produce structural components for KAI Surion utility helicopters. KAI is building 240 Surion helicopters for the South Korean Army, and TAI will build the front fuselages of 110 of the aircraft, worth more than $30 million, Kim said

This article talks too many things ,from light heli KF-X to T-129 and Surion's fuselage

Actually TAI achieved much than KAI,espeacially for produce and upgrade F-16,T-129 and UAV

Finally, because of the lack of experience,I doubt KFX

It's a shame Koreans didn't accept giving us %50 rights over the plane. We could develop KF-X/TF-X together. Now that Sweden's SAAB was chosen for that project, it's extremely doubtful that we show any interest in KF-X.

It's more likely that they end up being the first customers of T129 programme :)

KAI To Take Part in Turkish Light Helicopter Contest
Oct. 9, 2012 - 11:34AM |
By UMIT ENGINSOY and BURAK EGE BEKDIL | Comments
gannett.com

ANKARA Hong-kyung Kim, president of Korea Aerospace Industries (KAI), said Oct. 8 that his company would bid on Turkeys multibillion-dollar light utility helicopter contest.

Major helicopter producers around the world have expressed an interest in this Turkish program, set to begin either later this year or in early 2013.

KAI also is interested in developing a fighter jet, dubbed KF-X, with Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI), Kim said, and he would have discussions with TAI officials. TAI is a member of the F-35 Joint Strike Fighter consortium, but Turkey has said that it wants to produce another fighter with a non-U.S. partner after 2020.

Kim said the South Korean company also wants to sell the T-50 Golden Eagle advanced trainer jet to Turkey.

Kim is in Turkey to mark the conclusion of the two countries joint $350 million program to manufacture 40 KT-1T basic trainer planes for the Turkish Air Force.

He said South Korea is considering an effort by TAI and Italys AgustaWestland to sell some of their T-129 attack helicopters to South Korea. Boeing and Bell Helicopter Textron also are shortlisted in this program. South Korea is expected to pick a winner before the end of this year.

Finally, KAI and TAI on Oct. 8 signed a cooperation pact under which TAI will produce structural components for KAI Surion utility helicopters. KAI is building 240 Surion helicopters for the South Korean Army, and TAI will build the front fuselages of 110 of the aircraft, worth more than $30 million, Kim said

I think Let ordering T-50's as advanced jet trainer aside, Joining into development of Turkey's light utility helicopter development program will be almost impossible for a Kore institute at present. Charging TAI to make it produce 110 front fuselage of Korean Surion utility helicopters never change this truth. S. Korea didn't accept (As far as I know) %40 Korea + %40 Turkey + %20 Indonesia risk-share partnership of TAI into KF-X stealth fighter program and At present, TAI is working with Saab to design Turkey's 5th generation stealth fighter called TF-X which will be operational along with F-35 in 2020's.

Today's, Turkey's T-129 Atak-B is in Korea tender competing with two USA giants AH-1Z and Apache. If Korea choose Atak, It may change this idea of Turkey to make KAI a partner of Turkey's further programs, Otherwise, I think A New cooperation program with Korea is impossible in this conditions...

I don't think Korean ,turkey and Indonesia can finish a stealth fighter together without other experienced country such as Sweden

Espeacially Indonesia hasn't good ability to produce jet fighter,as I know

Even Japan cannot design a fighter alone because of the lack of experience,the F-2(FXJ) was a disaster

I don't think Korean ,turkey and Indonesia can finish a stealth fighter together without other experienced country such as Sweden

Even Japan cannot design a fighter alone because of the lack of experience

That's why Turkey choosed an experienced institute SAAB to design Turkey's stealth fighter jet. It isn't known wheather It will have twin engine or not. Most of details about TF-X program will be more clear at the end of 2013...

That's why Turkey choosed an experienced institute SAAB to design Turkey's stealth fighter jet. It isn't known wheather It will have twin engine or not. Most of details about TF-X program will be more clear at the end of 2013...

Do, we know if its a single or dual engine fighter?

By the way,I don't like the new homepage of TAI now,far less information than before

Whatever,I guess that will be the most important project for Turkish defense industry.only a few countries can develop jet fighter nowadays

The European defense industry is having a hard time,it is the chance to learn and pursuit

I think Let ordering T-50's as advanced jet trainer aside, Joining into development of Turkey's light utility helicopter development program will be almost impossible for a Kore institute at present. Charging TAI to make it produce 110 front fuselage of Korean Surion utility helicopters never change this truth. S. Korea didn't accept (As far as I know) %40 Korea + %40 Turkey + %20 Indonesia risk-share partnership of TAI into KF-X stealth fighter program and At present, TAI is working with Saab to design Turkey's 5th generation stealth fighter called TF-X which will be operational along with F-35 in 2020's.

Today's, Turkey's T-129 Atak-B is in Korea tender competing with two USA giants AH-1Z and Apache. If you choose Atak, It may change this idea of Turkey to make KAI a partner of Turkey's further programs, Otherwise, I think A New cooperation program with Korea is impossible in this conditions...

will Korea purchase 2 kind of chopper?
****************/south-korea-requests-ah-1z-cobra-attack-helicopters-44778/
****************/south-korea-requests-ah-64d-apache-attack-helicopters-44781/
What is wrong with PDF those stars are: www. defence talk . com

BTW, Korean Air institute that made a licence deal with TAI, is offering ANKA MALE UAV under the name of KUS-15 for Korea. For this aspect, KoreanAir introduced a small scale mock-up of ANKA UAV in fair to introduce it to public...

6280872240_8bec1301c2_b.jpg

Do, we know if its a single or dual engine fighter?

Most probably twin engine.

Espeacially Indonesia hasn't any ability to produce any military plane,as I know

Even Japan cannot design a fighter alone because of the lack of experience,the F-2(FXJ) was a disaster

Already their contribution will be max %20 and it seems not in criticial parts. I think "any ability" is very assertive.

0998923.jpg

If it's going to be a single-engine jet then I'm phucking sure that engine will be P&W F135. GE F110 is much less likely, introduction of a new engine is... nearly impossible.

However, I'm expecting to see a twin-engine fighter because after retiring F4s there won't be a twin-engine fighter left in TURAF inventory, we'll need them more. In that case, development of an indigenous engine may be possible.

This may sound a little childish but I'm hoping for a gigantic dual-F135 air-superiority fighter :) Like Russian PAK-FA perhaps.

Ok,I changed the words

But that is truth that the indonesian defense industry is still undeveloped compare to her GDP size

Maybe because of their peaceful condition?

Back
Top Bottom