What's new

Kabul needs to act to bring back refugees: Pakistan

FalconsForPeace

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
There has to be a pull factor which attracts refugees into Afghanistan

One in four refugees in today’s world are Afghans and while the Syrians are about to overtake that, the onus is on Afghanistan to do more to ensure the return of five million refugees back to their country after the drawdown of U.S. troops.

This was Pakistan’s appeal on Tuesday as it called on donors to provide $367 million for the implementation of various projects. The United Nations High Commissioner (UNHCR) for Refugees Antonio Guterres and the federal minister for states and frontier regions Lt. Gen. Abdul Qadir Baloch launched the Pakistan Portfolio of projects under the Solutions Strategy for Afghan Refugees (SSAR) seeking international funding support.

Lt. Gen. Baloch said the cut-off date for the over three million Afghan refugees in Pakistan had been extended to December 31, 2015 after quite a bit of effort. “I don’t know how long we can test the patience of the local population,” he said while appealing to the door community to come forward and reduce the negative impact. He said there are complaints from the previous Afghan government that nothing meaningful was done to develop sites for refugees to return home. “How long can we wait for that,” the minister said.

He said Pakistan was committed to ensuring that refugees return in dignity and they cannot be forced. Issues of the refugees not wanting to go back voluntarily will be addressed when the time comes and it was up to the Afghanistan government to develop infrastructure for them and a substantive effort needs to be done. There has to be a pull factor which attracts refugees into Afghanistan, he added.

Janan Mosazai, the Afghanistan ambassador to Pakistan said the refugees did not leave of their own volition and it was due to the Soviet invasion of the country.

Kabul needs to act to bring back refugees: Pakistan - The Hindu

If the children are born here and they are patriotic to Pakistan and have no criminal records then they should be allowed to stay. As for the trouble makers and Taliban supporters need to be kicked out of Pakistan ASAP.

Whether they act or not please send them back.

What? U simply cant create false propaganda to attack Afganistan. There r no Afganis in Pakistan and only Pakistani pushtoons.

Now Replace Afganistan with Bangladesh and India with Pakistan. Now temme Shud illegal Bangladehi be sent back? Coz u guyz ask the same to Afganistan.

Afghans hate Pakistan and Pakistani state.

I know of Afghans here who were born in Pakistan...but find it offensive if you call them "Pakistani"...According to them, "Peshawar is Afghanistan."

Persian-speaking Afghans specially detest Pakistan to the core. More than any Indian can ever do. While we in Pakistan live in the delusional fragrance of
"Muslims are brothers" , "Islam is common identity of us" blah blah...Afghans humiliate Pakistan and Pakistanis all over the world. They, literally, laugh at us!

@Aeronaut @Pakistanisage and others who live abroad and have experience of living with, working with, or talking to Afghans--specially the Persian speaking one's---tell me if I am writing anything wrong?

Pakistan needs to start acting like a state. Pakistani establishment, ISI, and the government must come together on three issues

1- Elimination of TTP and other extremist insurgent organizations.

2- Elimination of sectarian organizations who are let to roam freely in Pakistan and ISI/Pakistan military do nothing about them. Shame on them.

3- Solve the 'Afghan problem' once for an all..

Pakistan agencies need to do a massive operation and identify all anti-Pakistan elements in Afghan diaspora and kick them out of Pakistan--even if by force.

Pakistani Pushtoons must be made very nationalistic and must be made aware of their alliance with Pakistan, and that they have nothing to do with Afghanistan.

Time has come to consolidate Pakistan as an sovereign Islamic state of South Asia.

I don't usually source wiki as a reference, but in this case:

Afghans in Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Arre Mod Sir. Aap to Serious ho gaye. I know all that. I was simply saying that Afgans in Pakistan is very similar to Muslim Bengalis in India.

Like how pushtoons in Pakistan are mixed. Some are son of soil and some are refugees/migrants. Similarly, some Muslim Bengalis are Indians and some are Bangladeshis.

That statement was made in EXACT STRUCTURE as made by one of our friend Bangladeshi. Just showing him some reality chk with help of Afgani example.

As the process of nationhood is in progress through democratic process, efforts have to be taken to bring back the dispersed refugees from around neighborhood.

I believe Pakistan have taken refugees from war torn nation due to humanitarian considerations and due to the active participation in Jihad it has waged in company of US of A.

If the children are born here and they are patriotic to Pakistan and have no criminal records then they should be allowed to stay. As for the trouble makers and Taliban supporters need to be kicked out of Pakistan ASAP.

kind of like the US-Mexico relationship....those born in the foreign country are citizens; but we need to weed out the good people from the trouble-makers (the ones who abuse our hospitality and then backstab us when told or compelled to do so)

Back
Top Bottom